HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

T-mobile Discuss questions about T-Mobile and the iphone here.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 11:59 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone, 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows Vista
Send a message via AIM to styleairx Send a message via Yahoo to styleairx
1st Gen iPhone, 2.0.2 Firmware, TZones...etc

Hi, I have a 1st gen iPhone, on 1.1.4 firmware, unlocked and jailbroken with Ziphone. I want to upgrade to 2.0.2, I played with a friends 3g phone, and I liked some of the apps on the Apple Store especially the facebook app. I want those. So I have read so many threads here, and correct me if I am wrong, but if I upgrade through iTunes, it seems, my phone will remain unlocked, right?

I read that there is a tool now that can jailbreak 2.0.2, on Windows (awesome) called Quickpwn.

My question is,
1) Can I upgrade through iTunes from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 and still keep my unlock?
2) Will Tzones still work?
3) Are there any known issues or reasons, I shouldn't do this?
4) Since, my currently installed apps will not work anymore but will remain on my phone's memory, should i remove them first?
5) How do I go about doing all this?

Thanks in advance...
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 2.0.2 iPhone 1st G

I upgraded from 2.0.1 (unlocked+jailbroken) to 2.0.2 (official) and then applied the latest QuickPwn tool and now my phone is unlocked (using T-Mobile) and jailbroken.

Not sure what is the migration path from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 but I think QuickPwn only work if you are in 2.0+ already.

I recommend you to upgrade to 2.0.1 using PwnageTool 2.0.2 (or the Windows version), once your phone is unlocked and jailbroken in 2.0.1, then upgrade to 2.0.2 using iTunes and run the QuickPwn tool to jailbroke it.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:57 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I tried upgrading in iTunes to 2.0.2 and then it asked me to activate the phone. So i activated and jailbroke it using Quickpwn, but now I have no signal...cant make any phone calls and it says no network. What do I do?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

freyes01, by doing that did it erased all you pervious apps and contacts ? or you still have them after updated ? and did u jailbreak used winpwn to 2.0.1 first then use quickpwn to 2.0.2 ?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:51 PM
What's Jailbreak?

jjvcrew....all your apps and contacts would be erased, but when you restore in iTunes, all your contacts, texts, call history and pictures and stuff would be restored....only if you are upgrading from a lower firmware. But if you downgrade in anyway, like i downgraded from 2.0.2 to 2.0.1 i couldnt restore it cos iTunes said my version is older. But upgrading even to 2.0.1, you would get all your data back.

What firmware do you have now?

I decided to downgrade back to 2.0.1 and now everything works fine...edge, calls, cydia, installer, apple store etc.......
I think I will wait until the new winpwn comes out (the 2.5) before upgrading to 2.0.2
Old 08-22-2008, 07:46 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 2.0.2 iPhone 1st G

2.0.2 works great for me, not sure why do you have to downgrade. I have 2.0.2 with all my data, the only thing that I lost was the "custom" apps (Cydia/Installer based) but it wasn't a big deal to reinstall it.

So far I noticed that contact browse is faster than before and the phone in general "seems" a little faster.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:38 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

the reason your phone didn't remain unlocked when you upgraded to 2.0.2 via iTunes is because you previous unlock on 1.1.4 was done with ziphone. That unlock will not survive a upgrade or restore. You have to use the pwnage tool which uses bootneuter to neuter your bootloader and baseband on your phone thus keeping the unlock. So if you pwnaged your phone on 2.0.1. You should now be able to upgrade via iTunes and keep your unlock, then use quickpwn to jailbreak. It's up to you. But it worked for me

Last edited by reznor9; 08-22-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:42 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Wish I had read this thread sooner. I'd also unlocked my 1G iPhone with ZiPhone. I was on an unlocked 1.1.4 Tmobile setup. I updated and all my software was erased or "restored" to factory 2.02 settings. Needless to say it wouldn't activate. I then used QUICKPWN to jailbreak but now i need a solution for the unlock. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:00 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Ok, so I am REALLY new to all of this. My ex- used to update firmware, etc. for me but now that he's gone, will have to so myself. My phone was unlocked & jailbroken with Ziphone. Do i have to remove Ziphone before I try to upgrade firmware to 2.0.2? Or, can you tell me what is the easiest way for me to upgrade? Thanks so much...I really appreciate all of you and your info.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Green Apple

too all- update to 2.0.2 from what ever your current state is
It will become locked and ask for u to activate, at this time use winpwn and install Cydia, Installer, YouTube fix, then use this Unlock, Neutrr, activate, autodealete bootneuter
With root partion set it to about 550+ nothing below that
Then build the ipsw, pwn iTunes and put Ur phone into DFU mode, restore with the newly made ipsw and when it's all done u will be unlocked, jailbrolen and activated!!!
Good luck
Old 08-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Green Apple

if u wanna go 2.02 quickpwn. wifi - cydia look for boot neuter - then also DL t-zone hack - restarts.
Tmobile with Edge (make sure u have the 5.99 plan)
Old 08-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Green Apple

winpwn 2.5 which is realseing today (Sunday) will have 2.0.2 support also
Old 08-24-2008, 01:20 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Thanks Mod Monkey, this did the job.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Green Apple

i thought 2.0.2 isnt unlockable yet? I thought quick pawn only jailbroke it again not unlock it.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:59 PM
What's Jailbreak?

caliritza71, this link really helped me out » Winpwn 2.0 Guide - iPhone News & Review since you are kinda new to all this, it takes you step by step. This only supports 2.0.1 though; I hear a new version will be released today which supports 2.0.2 so I would advice you wait a bit and then you can use the new version. I saw some of the screenshots, and it seems pretty easy to use, almost like Ziphone.

Jay21fire, it isnt unlockable, but a 1st gen iphone that has been previously unlocked will stay unlocked. The 3g firmware version is still unlockable.
The Following User Says Thank You to styleairx For This Useful Post:
caliritza71 (08-25-2008)

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile

Tags
2.0.2, tmobile, unlock jailbreak