HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

T-mobile Discuss questions about T-Mobile and the iphone here.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 05:56 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1
Operating System: XP Pro Lite
Having trouble w/ 2.0.1 + T-zone Hack?

Hi,

I have a first gen iPhone 2.0.1 unlocked(duh)+jailbroken w/ winpwn.
I signed up for T-zone (5.99) and installed T-zone hack via Cydia with no luck. (activated T-zone 5 days ago)
I can go to Yahoo(Yahoo only, not Yahoo movie or anything else) but nothing else. Weather, Google, you name it, doesn't work. Sometimes I get 500 Internal Error, sometimes I get Comverse Error (you do have access to 'blah' site)

Anyhoo, I took my sim out of iPhone and put it in my T809(T-mobile branded) and guess what..doesn't work either! Some T-zone links work, but like Entertainment, Movie times doesn't work saying I don't have access to the such and such website.

I called TMO customer service and she told me my T-zone account is 'provisional' state?(I maybe heard it wrong..but sounded something like that) and looks like EVERYONE is affected. Well, nice lady game me $5 credit (it's 5.99 plan but don't know why) to my account and said she simply doesn't know when it is going to be resolved.

Does T-mobile knows I use T-zone hack? somehow they block me before I use it? I don't know.. but it looks like a lot of 2.0.X folks are having the same prob.

I'll wait few more days and call CS again to see if there is a solution for this.

Last edited by chox99; 08-26-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:04 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I have the exact same problem as you.

the $code$ error comes when your EDGE isnt activated, maybe right after restart, but the COMVERSE error has something to do with the proxy, not quite sure what it is.
When I put my sim in my Tmo Shadow Tzones works fine, switch to iPhone, doesnt work...
I have been looking all over the net trying to find a fix, nothing seems to work, maybe Tmobile has something messed up on their end or maybe some iPhones just dont seem to work with the Tzones hack...
Old 08-26-2008, 06:05 PM

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 & 2.0
Operating System: Leopard / XP

A lot of people here in Austin have been having t-zones issues as well... I don't know what the heck is going on?!

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.

Firmware 2.0 DFU: 1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB w/ ver 2.0
I thought it was just me!

I have the exact same issue as chox99 and took the exact same steps. I didn't realize that Yahoo was working though so I checked it out and it was. I've tried everything but I'm very new to all of this. Before blindly following advice I would like to understand what the procedures given by Poseidon79 will do? I didn't jailbreak my iPhone myself and I don't want to screw it up. What am I restoring to since the T-zones access never really worked with the hack? How is restoring with iTunes going to get T-zones to work on this phone if it never has before? Thanks
Old 08-26-2008, 08:59 PM
What's Jailbreak?

got the same issue here.. and i have t-zones pro... $9.99 plan
Old 08-26-2008, 09:07 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Tried Everything For T-zones Hack

I have tried the Cydia t-zones hack
The plist hack
and the hack where you put proxy.pac

NONE work.

the proxypac tells you to put the downloaded plist in system configuration but i dont have that folder!

and i cant edit nor view my edge settings in general/network

HELP please..
i had the T-zones activated at least 3 or 4 days ago and i get the error

You are not subscribed to a Cellular data network plan

what do i need to do.. im running 2.0.1
Old 08-26-2008, 09:33 PM
What's Jailbreak?

mail doesn't work, all pages I go to give me an erroneous "don't have access" or "comverse" "error 500" only page that shows is yahoo.com, nothing works that you click on. An by the way, yahoo.com loads fairly quick, except a few images don't load...

Sounds like a tzones issue..
Old 08-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iphone 2.0.1
Operating System: vista

you are not going to get full internet for $5.99. get total internet for $20.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:25 AM
What's Jailbreak?

ok, just got off the phone with the folks at t-mo, and i must admit, they are great! Yes they do have some limited support for iphone, the DO value you as a customer, so they basically told me t-zones just doesn't work, and will begin to not work for a lot of folks on t-zones, t-zones pro... so the only option was total internet, $19.99, and she walked me thru it, voila, it works.

So there you have it folks... it's sounds pretty official, total internet is the only way.

please note... you need to remove the hack, and the proxy/pref edit.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:31 AM
What's Jailbreak?

^^ that's bad news as i'm in the same boat as everyone. 2.0.1 w/ nothing working.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:35 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: First Gen 8GB iPhone 2.0.1 Unlocked & Jailbroken T-Mobile
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Send a message via AIM to Vaddy

wow are you guys serious? I feel bad for you fellow tmobile peeps, I'm on 2.0.1 and the 5.99 t-zones hack works fine for me, but who knows, if what has been said (in the posts above) proves to be true, it's only a matter of time until it stops working for me

Last edited by Vaddy; 08-27-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:10 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Operating System: vista sp1
Send a message via AIM to pitbulvig Send a message via MSN to pitbulvig Send a message via Skype? to pitbulvig
thanks for the heads up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaddy View Post
wow are you guys serious? I feel bad for you fellow tmobile peeps, I'm on 2.0.1 and the 5.99 t-zones hack works fine for me, but who knows, if what has been said proves it's onlyba matter of time until it stops working for me
I just updated yesterday, pwnd my iphone and downloaded the hack, I also am using the $5.99 tzones so guess I will enjoy the deal while it lasts..
Old 08-27-2008, 08:09 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Operating System: OSX and XP

I too have the same issues as everyone else running 2.0.1 when it comes to the TMO hack on Cydia??? It's very strange that it's only affecting some of the t-zone/iPhone customers and not all of us if it trully is a poor service issue.

Regarding loss of the cellular data network menu under general/network (where you are able to specify APN): Downloading the cydia t-zone hack ONLY does not remove this from the phone. It's when you download the t-mobile US carrier tweak that it goes away. To get it back just uninstall that pack and re-boot and it will return... but this doesn't fix the error codes or comverse errors.

My phone does exactly the same thing as people are mentioning. Yahoo will open the home page but try to go anywhere but that home page and you are screwed. Weather get's no updates because it can't connect... it just runs. I'm going to try a few of the other work-arounds mentioned, like creating my own carrier files and I'll see if anything works.

Regards,
6stringer
Old 08-27-2008, 09:10 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Operating System: vista sp1
Send a message via AIM to pitbulvig Send a message via MSN to pitbulvig Send a message via Skype? to pitbulvig

I never installed the U.S. carrier tweak? Just the t-zones hack, Do you think that was what caused you trouble?
Old 08-27-2008, 09:46 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Operating System: OSX and XP

Hey pitbulvig...

I've tried several variations on the order and files downloaded from Cydia for this fix and none of them in any combination or even stand-alone work. But have noticed that when you download only the t-zone hack your settings/general/network/cellular data network DOES NOT disappear. It's when you download either of the other two t-mobile cellular network tweaks that this happens.

Regards,
New too... but also a fast learner (EE)

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile