HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPHONE > AT&T
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AT&T Discussion regarding AT&T specific topics.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 01:49 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4
Operating System: vista
How Do I Get Swirlymms To Work On At&t Wireless?

Hi Everyone,

I Added The Swirlymms App On My Iphone But It Wont Work. I Added The At&t Mmsc And Proxy, As Well As The Apn. It Still Wont Work.

Please Help

Btw I Can Not Access My Winscp Either. I Used All The Steps In The Tutorial And It Keeps Saying Connection Failed. Any Suggestions?

-calvin
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP Pro

heres what i did to get mines to work
install swirlymms
mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com
proxy: 66.209.11.032
image size medium

make sure you have/pay for edge
at the top right of your screen when your in the swirlymms.app by the battery the little box with the m in it should be green

i have an att family plan with unlimited family texting. i called, told them i had a sony z520a ( my old phone) and told them my mms wasnt working. i told them to add the pay per use mms and make sure it was on. after this i was able to send and recieve mms.

good luck =]
st3b0

8gb iPhone 1.1.4
Jailbroken/Unlocked on AT&T

If I help you, help me by pressing THANKS =]
The Following User Says Thank You to st3b0 For This Useful Post:
slacker4_1 (05-19-2008)
Old 05-19-2008, 05:06 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone + 1.1.4
Operating System: XP

Even though you have the unlimited family plan since you asked them to turn on the pay per use on the mms. are you getting charged extra for your mms messages? Thanks ahead of time for answering.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista

are you sure your with att i get the message possible incorrect mmsc setting unexpected http response(http/1.1 403 forbidden). i called them and had them on the phone for like twenty minutes then they asked me to go into the setting's of my "fake phone" and that's when i was screwed... they told me that i couldn't have the pay per if i have the iphone family plan.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:49 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone + 1.1.4
Operating System: XP

Slaker, I have two lines. The second phone is a samsung A737, I also have the unlimited family text/pics. AT&T had no problem turning on the pay per usages on the mms. They also told me that their should be no issue on the billing. With the family plan that I have should override the pay per usage on the mms. The issue I have now is the mms will not work on the sync I have. I use the sim card from my iphone. I use the sync to test if the mms is working. At present time their engineers are working on my problem as to why the mms is not working. Obviously if the sync does not mms the swirly is not working on the iphone, Hope this helps in some way.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Green Apple

Operating System: Windows XP Pro

sorry for the late reply..
but im not sure about the bill yet (havent got it)
im sure like James said earlier, that the unlimited family texting plan would override the pay-per-mms being that the unlimited includes mms anyways.
i think you should reset the network settings, i had to do that a couple times to get my edge working again.

now about the sync, i have no idea why that wouldnt work. if theres a network reset on that try that.

slacker - call them and tell them you arent able to send/recieve mms. tell them to look and make sure that mms is on. if they tell you some **** about "you have an iphone...and it doesnt have mms" tell them thanks. hang up and call back lol. i was fortunate enough to get a lady that just did what i asked, i told her that i wanted to turn on my pay per mms and she said okay. =]

i hope i helped
st3b0

8gb iPhone 1.1.4
Jailbroken/Unlocked on AT&T

If I help you, help me by pressing THANKS =]
Old 05-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Green Apple

Operating System: Mac OS10.5.2

Just a quick question. Do they like monitor your calls to them? Like if you call a bazillion times to they say something about it? Will they figure out you are up to something?

Erg. I just called them. They said they couldn't add pay per MMS because it's included with my 1500 Texts. If it is, why do I get an error message. the error message is.....

Possible incorrect mmsc setting.
Unexpected http response
(HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)

Last edited by jiniej : 05-27-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 8GB 1.1.4 liberated to Cellone
Operating System: OSX 10.5.2 on a 1ghz PowerBook G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiniej View Post
Just a quick question. Do they like monitor your calls to them? Like if you call a bazillion times to they say something about it? Will they figure out you are up to something?
No they don't and like he said sometimes you get lucky and get one that just does what they are asked to do. I had a blackberry with them before i got my iPhone and had problems with it, i had to call several times before i got fed up enough to just unload when the lady answered. I told her I was tired of being Blackberry and their's ping pong ball that i just wanted my data access changed to include a security feature and she did it.

Life's short so have a blast. Give God a good laugh, tell him YOUR big plan.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista

thanx james I'll try again i also have a few lines on the family plan all iphone's except one razor im gonna try and say that phone is giving me the the trouble and i want pay per use added on the account..
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Operating System: Windows XP

i read in another forum that you have to have the Family Test Plan for this to work, that pay per use will NOT work. is that true. i'm on firmware 1.1.4., and everytime i try to send a picture, i get the "unexpected http response(http/1.1 403 forbidden)." any help would be greatly appreciated

i meant TEXT plan. whoops

Last edited by jmo1112 : Yesterday at 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 (PWNED)
Operating System: Leopard / XP

SwirlySpace.com • View topic - Important notice for those having trouble (AT&T USA ONLY)

This is the only person I've found to get MMS to work on his AT&T account. I tried it though and still doesn't work.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPHONE > AT&T