HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > AT&T
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AT&T Discussion regarding AT&T specific topics.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 11:22 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch 1.1.4 (8GB)
Operating System: XP
AT&T PAYG (Pay As You Go) Questions

Is this still able to be done with a unlocked iPhone? Could I just buy one of the AT&T PAYG phones from a store, activate it with AT&T and then swap the SIM out and put it in the iPhone?

Thanks
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:54 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Operating System: MAC & WinXP

Yes, or you could just buy an AT&T sim. I use a prepaid T-Mobile sim that I purchased from Ebay. It already had a number and 150 minutes time. Just plugged it into the iphone and was off and running. Since then I just add more minutes when needed.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:17 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Do all the applications that use the Internet work?
Like youtube safari and the others.
Also, I was wondering about how much it costs to use these Internet applications.
Like how much are the rates?
Sorry for all the questions I own an iPod Touch and plan to sell it and buy an iPhone unlock it and use an at&t prepaid phone sim card with it.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard

That's what I did with my iPhone, Pay as you Go, except I din't use it for any calls-just for edge data for the phone. Everything worked fine on this and only cost $19.99 a month with AT&T.
Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by keisi View Post
That's what I did with my iPhone, Pay as you Go, except I din't use it for any calls-just for edge data for the phone. Everything worked fine on this and only cost $19.99 a month with AT&T.
But make sure you get the Prepaid internet/data for 19.99/mo and not the regular voice Prepaid, which is what I did and whenever I used the internet, checked mail, or used the weather or stocks app it really ate up my credit on my account fast! I mean I went through $45 in 3 days and that wasn't even much surfing around.
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Iphone1.1.4 jailbroken
Operating System: XP

I use a prepaid in mine and I buy a refill card for about $27 every 3 months. I use the prepaid because I only use the phone when I'm not at home and basically use it in the car. I don't spend a lot of time on the phone which is why I use the prepaid. Just "hello, I'm on my way, goodbye". "Hello, I'm gonna be a bit late, goodbye". That kind of stuff.
I disabled the Edge so I wouldn't get any big bills and I live in the city so if I really need the wifil, I could find a hotspot or an open network easy enough.
I had the go phone for a couple of years but when I saw that you could unlock the iphone and use it for not just a phone, but also a hand held pc, and an mp3 player, I jumped and haven't looked back!
Old Today, 03:53 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: vista

And just so you know the new 3g Iphone you cant use prepaid on it right now.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > AT&T