HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPHONE > AT&T
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AT&T Discussion regarding AT&T specific topics.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 06:22 PM
What's Jailbreak?

iphone existing at&t customer help!!

hi my fellow modmyifone members. i had a few questions and i was wondering if you guys can be of any assistance if possible?

ok i bought an iphone and unlocked it. i bought a china3ppg sim card off ebay and put it in. it works here and there(text messges sometimes doesnt work, but oh well). so here our my questions

i have an existing plan with at&t, family plan 2100 minutes, unlimited text messages not no data package

1) will i get charge for using edge and how much does it cost per kilobyte?
2) will i get charge for text message, can at&t track that im using an unlocked iphone? i use to have a sony ericsson 810i unlocked.
3) anything else i should be familiar with since i have an unlocked iphone using my old cingular sim card with a china3ppg sim card on top of it.

thanks in advance. i have search numerous boards, but i just could not find all the answers. thanks again for looking
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 1.1.3 Jailbroken iPhone

I can answer the EDGE question.....yes you will be charged for using EDGE. I'm not quite sure of the charge per KB but I know EDGE sucks and it will take a while to load anything.

As far as them 'tracking' that you're using an unlocked iPhone....I think they can only see that if a tech looks through the software or something like that......
Old 02-09-2008, 12:09 AM
What's Jailbreak?

thanks for your fast response. anymore help?
Old 02-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Green Apple

BTW, I don't think you will get charged for texting since it's included on your plan.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:56 PM
What's Jailbreak?

^thanks thats kind of relief, since i do text my gf a whole lot,, now if i can just find out how much edge cost?

by the way loyalty, what kind of data plan you think i should get? just a straight up media plan?

Last edited by retro23phan : 02-09-2008 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Green Apple

Honestly I don't know a ton about the media plans.....depending on how much it costs you for the unlimited texting it may just be best to go for the unlimited date (I think its $40).
Old 02-10-2008, 08:15 PM
What's Jailbreak?

the worst thing happen today. I check my account balance and on my first iphone plan i got charged $460. It was weird because when i check my at&t wireless account it showed i had the iphone so i quickly changed it to my old razr. im not sure what im getting charged for yet, im guessing it might be data but i have to wait because my bill has not showed up on records. it kind of sucks because now im -300 to my parents for the bill and i had to purchase the PDA data plan. I was wondering does anyone know that now since i purchase the PDA data plan i can use EDGE?
Old 02-13-2008, 12:00 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: Multiple iPhones, Multiple Firmware versions, latest 1.1.4

Data on ATT is super expensive if you do not have a plan. Several years ago I bought a Cingular 8125 (pre-ATT/Cingular) and quickly ran up a bill of over $600 because I did not have a proper data plan. Once I picked myself up off the floor I paid the bill and quickly set up a data plan with them. Back then it was .25 per kb. I believe that it is up around .37 per kb now.

GenghisPhlip

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPHONE > AT&T