HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPHONE > AT&T
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AT&T Discussion regarding AT&T specific topics.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 06:17 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone v 1.1.2
Operating System: Windows XP
AT&T Plan or Tmobile

I have unlocked my iPhone and am running 1.1.2 on it. I have a T-Mobile prepay card in it, but my main reason to unlock is so I can use any sim I want went traveling abroad.

I am asking the question if I want to get an AT&T plan, how will I do it with the unlocked iPhone. I don't see an option to activate it via iTunes, so I was thinking that I could just go to AT&T and ask for a new number and phone plan, then take that sim card given to me and pop it in the iPhone. Then I would add the data plan to the number. Is this the best procedure, or is there a better approach.

And, will I get all the features of iPhone if i do it this way? Last question, if I choose to stay with T-Mobile can I get all the features of the iPhone, such a visual voicemail, youTube, googlemaps, etc...

Thanks
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 1.1.3,04.03.13_G iPhone unlocked to T-Mobile

If you go with AT&T you can get whatever plan you want plus you have to add the visual voice mail i believe plus your internet. just get a cheap free phone beause if you tell them you have an iphone they might get you to sign for 2 yrs..

If you go with T-Mobile better prices and plans. you have to add internet plan for 20 extra bucks.. the only thing you wont have through T-Mobile is the visual voice mail..
Old 02-27-2008, 05:05 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone v 1.1.2

I appreciate the info, but I think I read in some of these posts that once you use the iPhone on the AT&T network, they will automatically set your account up under the 2 yr plan. Can someone confirm if this is true?

Also, while Visual voice mail is cute, I pretty much would prefer the better plan! Does anything specifically stand out with T-mobiles plan? Is it more minutes, cheaper, better coverage, etc...

Thanks for all the information in advance!
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 1.1.3,04.03.13_G iPhone unlocked to T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTone View Post
I appreciate the info, but I think I read in some of these posts that once you use the iPhone on the AT&T network, they will automatically set your account up under the 2 yr plan. Can someone confirm if this is true?

Also, while Visual voice mail is cute, I pretty much would prefer the better plan! Does anything specifically stand out with T-mobiles plan? Is it more minutes, cheaper, better coverage, etc...

Thanks for all the information in advance!
If you buy an iPhone from apple go home and do a full unlock and etc. then later on buy a AT&T plan and just put your sim card in the Phone there is no way for them to know what type of phone you have... Unless you say hey Im going to use this on my iPhone... Our company uses AT&T and I drop my sim card in my iPhone sometimes so I dont have to carry two phone...

Ive got T-Mobile and have 1500 anytime min. unlimited nights and weekends for 39.99 plus 15.99 for unlimited txt and 15.99 for unlimited internet.. my bill runs about 80 or a lil more a month..

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPHONE > AT&T