HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPHONE > AT&T
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AT&T Discussion regarding AT&T specific topics.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 09:36 PM
What's Jailbreak?

How to add my iPhone to my AT&T plan without contract extension

How to add my iPhone to my AT&T plan without contract extension?

I bought this 8GB Refurb this week through AT&T Wireless(it said New 2 yr. contract for iPhone). Now I have upgraded the software to 1.4 and run Ziphone on it to Unlock, Jailbreak and activate.

Now how do I switch it with my present phone, get the $20 iPhone package (Unlimited internet w/200 text messages) without them wanting to make me agree to a new 2 yr. contract?

Jeff

Started using my iPhone with the sim card from my other AT&T phone and just noticed this message on the AT&T "Manage Features" page...

F999: You can view your current features as an iPhone customer, but you are not able to add or remove features online at this time. If you would like to add or remove a feature, please contact customer service at 800-331-0500.

I guess the system picked me up already...LOL

Last edited by Jeffwo : 03-22-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffwo For This Useful Post:
ridebmx91 (04-02-2008)
Old 03-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 1.1.3 Jailbroken iPhone

I would call them and add the iPhone data plan. I called before I got my iPhone and asked them to add the plan before I got the phone and they were able to do it. That way if you've already activated it you won't have the agreement, and you'll have the data plan .
The Following User Says Thank You to Loyalty For This Useful Post:
Jeffwo (03-23-2008)
Old 03-23-2008, 03:48 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyalty View Post
I would call them and add the iPhone data plan. I called before I got my iPhone and asked them to add the plan before I got the phone and they were able to do it. That way if you've already activated it you won't have the agreement, and you'll have the data plan .
Yeah, Imma hafta bite the bullet and call them. I already have unlimited data but it's not the iPhone plan.
ridebmx91 (04-02-2008)
Old 03-23-2008, 04:21 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4

I called and told them that I have a razr and that I want to add the unlimited medianet plan + 200 sms for $20. They asked me if I already had an iPhone because I got the same message as Jeff (you can view your current features but....) and I told them that I only have a razr. Just take the sim out of the iPhone, put it back into your old phone. Goto your att account online and you can change your phone to whichever older one you had. Then add the features then switch back. Thats what I did and so far so good.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 1.1.3 Jailbroken iPhone

If you have Unlimited Data already the only difference (from what I know) is that the iPhone plan allows the Visual Voicemail.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:47 AM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4 PWNED, 2.0 PWN, 1.1.3 JB
Operating System: XP,Vista, Ubuntu
Send a message via AIM to pokekid

i dont know if that will work because At&t has been switching peoples phones from their old ones to new iphone plans without consent
Old 03-24-2008, 01:48 PM
What's Jailbreak?

O.K. I called AT&T today to ask them to set me up on the iPhone plan (Unlimited data +200 text @$20/mo.).

They say I have to set up my plan when I activate my iPhone through iTunes. They say they can't even do it manually
ridebmx91 (04-02-2008)
Old 03-25-2008, 08:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

They are right, they cannot do it manually. Jeffwo, if you already have an unlimited internet plan on your account just put the sim in your iphone and start working (i assuming here that your iphone is unlocked). You dont need and iphone internet + sms plan any internet plan will work as long as it is already activated on your account. If you want visual voicemail then you will need an iphone plan, but if you can live without that then you should be ok.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:06 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 4GB, 1.1.4 Firmware
Operating System: Windows XP

Ok, I just bought a used iPhone 4GB, from a friend, it should be here by Thursday, and he told me I can just insert my sim and it'll start working, but AT&T told me I'll be under a 2-year contract. I dont know if the phone is jailbroke, or unlocked. But I do not want to be under no contract at all. Is there a way to use my existing account with AT&T, but activate my iPhone without a contract? I noticed the iLiberty+1.2.0.65 download on this website, but is that safe to use (will I get a virus)? and who has tried that? Thanks for any help!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 PM
What's Jailbreak?

@ ridebmx.
I am using my original at&t plan. Not 2 year iphone plan. Just jailbreak and activate your phone. I used ziphone, have not used iliberty. You will be able to use your existing at&t sim card in the iphone and have the same contract that you already have going. Just dont activate in itunes or anything. Follow instructions and use ziphone and you'll be fine.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:42 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 4GB, 1.1.4 Firmware
Operating System: Windows XP

ok, thanks, but do I have to add any data plan to my current monthly bill?
Old 04-04-2008, 06:51 PM
What's Jailbreak?

@ridebmx
If you dont already have any data plan then i suggest you call at&t and tell them you have a NON smartphone/pda phone (smartphone data plans cost more). Then get the unlimited medianet plan added to you account. Its $15 for unlimited internet usage and if you want sms then i have also added $5 200 sms for a total of $20 extra a month on my plan. You can get just internet for $15 extra.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:11 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5

This two year contract stuff with AT&T and the iPhone is bull. The iPhone has no subsidy, and we all have paid the full price. AT&T has no justification to hold us to a 2 year contract. I really thought the whole unsubsidized iPhone would lead to no more 2 Year contracts. I would love for AT&T to explain to me what the 2 year contract is covering and what my "Early termination fee" is paying for if I cancel.

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPHONE > AT&T