HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPHONE > AT&T
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AT&T Discussion regarding AT&T specific topics.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 06:05 PM
What's Jailbreak?

If I Unlock my iPhone, doesn't ATT Know about it?

Hi--

I bought an unlocked iPhone, and want to use ATT as the Carrier. Wont they know I've done this?

VOLFIE
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:16 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4JB
Operating System: OSX/Vista @ Home XP @ Work

Maybe...But who cares? I've been running jailbroken/unlocked iPhones on my ATT account since day one. Never heard a peep out of them. They just keep takin my money every month.

Just be sure you have an unlimited Data plan!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterXXXShake For This Useful Post:
shap26 (05-15-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 04:29 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8 GB 1.1.4 Pwned
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterXXXShake View Post
Maybe...But who cares? I've been running jailbroken/unlocked iPhones on my ATT account since day one. Never heard a peep out of them. They just keep takin my money every month.

Just be sure you have an unlimited Data plan!!
Hi,
I have a question for you. I have a JB iPHone, jailbroken few days after I got it in September (and re-jailbroken to 1.1.3). I never felt I needed to unlock it because I am an ATT legit customer with unlimited data plan (standard iPhone contract). However, I go to Italy every summer. What I used to do until last summer was to swap my american SIM card in my Razor (unlocked) with an italian TIM card. Now I am considering unlocking my iPhone in preparation for my trip to Italy. Do you think I can unlock, keep using my ATT SIM card until summer, then switch to the TIM card (I used to switch the cards in my Razor on the plane), use it in Italy, then switch back on my way back to the States, and have full functionality again?
Thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 11:51 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8Gb 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista
Send a message via AIM to the sr5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
Hi,
I have a question for you. I have a JB iPHone, jailbroken few days after I got it in September (and re-jailbroken to 1.1.3). I never felt I needed to unlock it because I am an ATT legit customer with unlimited data plan (standard iPhone contract). However, I go to Italy every summer. What I used to do until last summer was to swap my american SIM card in my Razor (unlocked) with an italian TIM card. Now I am considering unlocking my iPhone in preparation for my trip to Italy. Do you think I can unlock, keep using my ATT SIM card until summer, then switch to the TIM card (I used to switch the cards in my Razor on the plane), use it in Italy, then switch back on my way back to the States, and have full functionality again?
Thanks
Yes you can unlock it no problem... if you have already activated it and you unlock it, there is no need to run the activation, just unlock... ATT wont know, and even if they did, who cares... even if they wanted to do anything, they couldn't, the case would never stand in court, you paid for the device, in turn you own the device, hence its your right to do what you want with the device... dont worry about it...
Old 03-29-2008, 04:51 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sr5 View Post
Yes you can unlock it no problem... if you have already activated it and you unlock it, there is no need to run the activation, just unlock... ATT wont know, and even if they did, who cares... even if they wanted to do anything, they couldn't, the case would never stand in court, you paid for the device, in turn you own the device, hence its your right to do what you want with the device... dont worry about it...
but he should bring his razor as a back up just incase. i would hate to be overseas lost with no phone.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:24 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I don't think they care about Jailbreaks or unlocks as long as they are your Service Provider. That said, I bought an iPhone off Craigslist that was initially fraudulently purchased. They knew that and within 90 days hit me with the total charge for the phone on my bill. I am now dealing with the ATT fraud dept. This phone was for my mom, had no intention of unlocking or jailbreaking.

With that said, I could have taken that same fraudulently purchased (not by me!) iPhone and unlocked it, run TMO and never have a problem in the world...Oh the irony
Old 03-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

Send a message via AIM to DoerrFan

No they don't.
Nor can they do anything about it.

SEARCH BEFORE POSTING
Old 03-22-2008, 07:59 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3 jailbroken(braken)
Operating System: VISTA!?!?!!!?
Send a message via AIM to seann33uk Send a message via MSN to seann33uk

i bought mine from carphone warehouse in UK and never even thought to activate it so I haven't used the contract. Apple, cpwh or O2 havn't contacted me(been good 5-8 months) so think its ok.(already got my simcard changed to p&G they were so happy to. LOL)
iPhone, another way to say you've got too much money and you're a bit of a gadget geek. At least they lowered the price.(shame most of us bought it at full price.) at least we have something that no other phone can do. last a mere 8 hours oh and collects grease so much quicker.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:07 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
Send a message via AIM to GregTheWang Send a message via MSN to GregTheWang Send a message via Yahoo to GregTheWang

The iPhone is extremely versatile SIM card wise. switch and switch back. restore over and over again. ATT and Apple don't give a ****. They get your monthly fees. Good enough for them.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:51 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Actually, they do know, but they can't do anything about it. I have an iPhone which I unlocked and I thought they would not know about it since I did not officially activate it. When I checked my online wireless account I was surprised when I saw that the device registered under my number was the iPhone.

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPHONE > AT&T