HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unlocking / Activation Everything about unlocking and activation.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 09:00 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I need help to go from 1.1.2 to 2.0

Hello all. I've been doing searches for a while now but haven't been able to find any solutions to my situation. I hope somebody can help...
I've been unlocking and jailbreaking my iphone since version 1.0.2. As of now, i am on 1.1.2. I've been out of the loop for a while now and was wondering if anyone can help me or provide a link for me to give me instruction on how to upgrade to 2.0 from 1.1.2. The last method i used was Ziphone and it worked like a charm. Again, i've done searches in this forum but haven't been able to find a solution that i understand (i have been away from the unlocking/jailbreaking scene for some time).
I would definitely appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.

By the way...i'm a windows user.

Last edited by nanooreg; 08-08-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: forgot to include part
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:47 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5.3

You will firts need to upgrade to 1.1.4 (you can find it @ Alles fürs Jailbreaken - Downloads | BenM.at) and use itunes to restore it. Put your phone in recovery mode and press Shift+restore and find the 1.1.4 restore file. Let itunes do its thing. Once its done, you will have a fresh 1.1.4 iphone. Use Ziphone to unlock and jailbreak it. Once this is done, you will need to go to blog.iphone-dev.org and download pwnage tool 2.0.1 along with the proper bin files (look on the forums. You need both the 3.9 and 4.6 bin files). Choose your unit in pwnage tool, locate your bin files, and build your new custom firmware. You will need the 2.0 restore file which you can find in the link I provided. Then, let pwnage build its thing (you will find the windows version of pwnage on the blog.iphone-dev.org website). Then it will prompt you to plug in your iphone and it will show you how to put it in DFU mode. Follow the steps and once again, you will need itunes to restore the new custom firmware (2.0). Click SHIFT+restore and pick your file and let it do its thing. Once the firmware is installed, don't touch your iphone because bootneuter will need to flash your bootloader version from 3.9 to 4.6. This will take another 2-3 minutes after the iphone has restarted. Don't touch anything while this is happening including setting up your phone in itunes (it will prompt you to set it up as a new phone or restore from back up) Once the flashing is done, your phone will reboot and you will now have a jailbroken, activated and unlocked 2.0 iphone.

Know that there is a 2.0.1 firmware available now. Pwnage tool is now available to work with this version as of this morning but its for mac only. If you have a friend that has a mac, he can build the ipsw file and transfer it to you and you can unlock the 2.0 to 2.0.1 now.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to satch2501 For This Useful Post:
nanooreg (08-09-2008)

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation