HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unlocking / Activation Everything about unlocking and activation.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Legally Unlocked 16gb 3G IPHONE
Operating System: Windows 98SE
My Advice on using Unlocking Simcards

DONT USE THEM
let me tell you a little story
i bought a "tornado" unlocking simcard
i made the cut in my simcard and put it into my phone along with the tornado
at first i was happy it seemed to be working i was using a non offical sim card all was well until i decided to remove the little bugger
when i stuck the paper clip in the try only poped out a few mm and wasnt going any further
being a little stressed out that it was stuck in there i got some needle nose pliers and slowly tried to pull the tray out
which ended up snapping the top of my simtray off leaving the rest of the tray and the simcard stuck inside the phone
lucky there was a small peice i could get to and remove the rest of the simcard and the tray along with the tornado
so now im stuck with a ipod as i cant put a simcard in
ive placed a order for a new simtray which will take a few days to arrive
but thats not the worse part of the story
this is
i paid to get the phone legally unlocked (im from Australia) which takes about 3 days to do and i just had this unlock card from before i paid to get it legally unlocked so i just wanted to see if it actually works
if i had only waited some 24hrs my phone would of been legally unlocked with 0 problems
now im going to have to wait a few days for my new simtray to come in
so unless you have no other options at all i would recommened to stand clear of these shitty sim hacks and just wait for the dev team to do there magic
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Green Apple

Amen. The phones are locked here in the US, and so many people have said to use HyperSim, yessim, turbo sim..etc. None of them work on the 3G phone. When I tried to remove the sim card, the tray got stuck. I got it half way out, and pushed on the bottom of the TurboSim to get it out. They tray and Turbo Sim came out, but the SIM card was stuck in the phone.

I used a slightly bent paper clip to remove the SIM Card for T-Mobile. This is not an easy process and took me almost a half an hour to fish the sim out (and alot of patience and two cigaretts because it was pissing me off).

These Turbosims were not ment to be placed in the new 3G iphone. Try it, and you will find yourself doing some fishing of a sim card out of your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to brent91055 For This Useful Post:
ROHAN D (08-13-2008)
Old 08-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Green Apple

yeh i fully regret putting the POS into my phone
now im without a simtray so im without a phone untill my new one from china arrives
ive also ordered the 2g simtray coz it was from a local seller but i dont think its going to fit in the 3G
i really thought i may of damaged the phone by ripping off one of the little gold pins that read the simcard
but today i grabbed a dude from works phone and used his simtray and put a simcard in and it worked
as of today my phone should be legally unlocked but im unable to test this as i dont have a simtray to put into my phone
guess ill just have to wait for the post man
Old 08-13-2008, 12:54 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

mines work great and i have no issues with it but on the edge,it is hard to take out due to the fact it has 2 sims but the people at the shop showed me how to remove it...if anything i can always go there and let them remove it for me
Old 08-13-2008, 01:34 AM
Green Apple

yeh i would say only get one if its from a shop
that way when it f@#ks your phone you can go down and yell at them
dont buy one off the net
Old 08-13-2008, 02:58 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 4GB | 2.0 Current Firmware
Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FramedTrash View Post
DONT USE THEM
let me tell you a little story
i bought a "tornado" unlocking simcard
i made the cut in my simcard and put it into my phone along with the tornado
at first i was happy it seemed to be working i was using a non offical sim card all was well until i decided to remove the little bugger
when i stuck the paper clip in the try only poped out a few mm and wasnt going any further
being a little stressed out that it was stuck in there i got some needle nose pliers and slowly tried to pull the tray out
which ended up snapping the top of my simtray off leaving the rest of the tray and the simcard stuck inside the phone
lucky there was a small peice i could get to and remove the rest of the simcard and the tray along with the tornado
so now im stuck with a ipod as i cant put a simcard in
ive placed a order for a new simtray which will take a few days to arrive
but thats not the worse part of the story
this is
i paid to get the phone legally unlocked (im from Australia) which takes about 3 days to do and i just had this unlock card from before i paid to get it legally unlocked so i just wanted to see if it actually works
if i had only waited some 24hrs my phone would of been legally unlocked with 0 problems
now im going to have to wait a few days for my new simtray to come in
so unless you have no other options at all i would recommened to stand clear of these shitty sim hacks and just wait for the dev team to do there magic
i had the same thing happen to me.. but im in the US.. mine sim tray broke like urs and the sim tray popper that pops the sim tray.. apple did this so we couldn't unlock it.. because its all plastic... on the old 2g iphones metal was the best..

'It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory' ~ Bruce Lee
Old 08-13-2008, 03:06 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Rebel Sim Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailomac View Post
i had the same thing happen to me.. but im in the US.. mine sim tray broke like urs and the sim tray popper that pops the sim tray.. apple did this so we couldn't unlock it.. because its all plastic... on the old 2g iphones metal was the best..
Hi I was very sceptical of these especially after seeing some of the negative comments. But I ordered the Rebel Sim Card here in the UK, tried it with one of the supplied (Orange) sim cards which worked fine and then switched over to my UK Vodafone which is working fine. I have tried to take out the sim a few times with no problem but copied what the demo guy did on the you tube and used a piece of selotape to wrap around the botton of the rebel sim and onto my sim and it seems to come out fine as long as you are gentle.

Well worth a test and the guy was very helpful both pre and post sales.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:04 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 3G iPhone 2.0.1
Operating System: Windows XP

Dear FramedTrash,
Can you please expalin how did you get your iPhone legally Unlocked? Where did you get it? Do they have a website? How much did it cost you?
I live in the US, is it possible to ship it to them and have it Unlocked?

Thanks
Old 08-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Green Apple

you can legally get phones unlocked in Australia
they can only unlock phones that where bought from them
you cant import a phone and get them to unlock it
you can purchase unlocked iphones on our ebay most ship world wide
eBay Australia - Buy or sell practically anything on eBay, the world's online marketplace
Old 08-15-2008, 12:54 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Has anyone from the US bought an Australian 3g iphone that was unlocked? If so can you use it on t-mobile or other networks with no problems with voice or data connections?

I am not too sure if the extra $300+ is worth it, but maybe it is if you have the extra cash and don't want to f with the things all the time.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:30 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eng View Post
Dear FramedTrash,
Can you please expalin how did you get your iPhone legally Unlocked? Where did you get it? Do they have a website? How much did it cost you?
I live in the US, is it possible to ship it to them and have it Unlocked?

Thanks

Sim unlock method:

I'm still waiting for mine (9 days now) - rebelsimcard dot com

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation