HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unlocking / Activation Everything about unlocking and activation.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 12:27 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 3G iPhone 2.0.1
Operating System: Windows XP
Turbu SIM without cutting your SIM!!

I found a Turbo SIM that doesn't require to cut your SIM card, anyone tried it before?
NEW Turbor SIM unlock Apple iPhone 3G not need cut sim - eBay (item 280256072984 end time Aug-16-08 09:01:27 PDT)

Thanks
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Legally Unlocked 16gb 3G IPHONE
Operating System: Windows 98SE

i would recommened to stay away from such simcards
but if you have no other option i would go for this one over the other ones
having the little chip on the underside is a great idea dont no why no one else thought of it first
the little chip is the little f@#ker that gets caught inside ppls phones like it did with mine
having it on the inside stops this from happening
The Following User Says Thank You to FramedTrash For This Useful Post:
eng (08-15-2008)
Old 08-15-2008, 12:43 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Thanks for your quick reply. I will buy one and let you know.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 3G Iphone - 2.0
Operating System: Windows Vista

Hmm looks interesting, I had the rebel sim (Biggest piece of crap ever) but i was able to get a refund so im still looking for a solution, Does anyone know of any UK providers of this card? All i can find is the old one

Thanks
Old 08-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Green Apple

Don't do it...I have several of these sitting around since the 1.1.2 days. I have a 3G iphone and if you pull on the tray wrong, the sim card pops out and get's stuck in the phone. It took me a half an hour and a slightly bent paper clip to fish it out. On the US 3G iphone, it comes up invalid SIM (using a T-Mobile sim)
Old 08-16-2008, 02:08 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 2.0.1
Operating System: xp and vista ultimate
Send a message via MSN to VIXITOZ Send a message via Skype? to VIXITOZ

Hello dear friend i am user from venezuela South America i also found this today and my surprise is when i read your message...did you tryed it ¿? i am using 3 models of these sims...and none of them worked to me..i mean..they recognize MOVISTAR or DIGITEL here in our country ,and Iphone 3g works on them for few hours, but later they lost signal and they dont recover it back...can you give me a hand on solving this¿? will preciate your help cause i am newbie about this ..but i am learning.. ) Thanks
Old 08-16-2008, 03:03 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I should be receiving it by next week. I hope it works, otherwise I'll try to get my money back.
I'll post a review by then.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to eng For This Useful Post:
VIXITOZ (08-16-2008)
Old 08-18-2008, 07:48 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I got mine today. Ordered friday came on monday. Emailed the guy and asked him if it works, dude said 100%.

Reality:
Very easy to install as advertised. It also comes out easliy too if need to. Aside from the no cut, the sim seems to behave like all the other typical ones u read here in the forum. Need to turn of 3g and data roaming for it to work. No edge, jail breaking not required. Make sure u turn off data roaming or u can't recieve calls but can dial out.

Only been a feel hours so far, hoping that I dont need to take sim out for a refresh like all the others.

Cheers.

I got mine today. Ordered friday came on monday. Emailed the guy and asked him if it works, dude said 100%.

Reality:
Very easy to install as advertised. It also comes out easliy too if need to. Aside from the no cut, the sim seems to behave like all the other typical ones u read here in the forum. Need to turn of 3g and data roaming for it to work. No edge, jail breaking not required. Make sure u turn off data roaming or u can't recieve calls but can dial out.

Only been a feel hours so far, hoping that I dont need to take sim out for a refresh like all the others.

Cheers.

Last edited by dreamwonder; 08-18-2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-19-2008, 11:58 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I have tried mine on an international SIM (not US), so far the voice is fine.
I couldn't have EDGE work, I don't know is it because of the International EDGE setting is not correct or problem with Turbo SIM itself.

Also, though it says "no need cut SIM", I had to cut mine because the try was stuck won't insert.

I'll try to test it on T-Mobile EDGE today and let you know.

I called the seller to check if the 3G function will be unlocked if I used my International SIM back home, but unfortunately his English was not that good.

If anyone has tested this on a 3G network please share your experience.

Regards...

UPDATED:
This is what I found:
1. Voice Unlocked on T-Mobile and International SIM
2. EDGE Unlocked on T-Mobile and International SIM
3. The SIM card has to be cut to avoid SIM tray stuck

I haven't tested the 3G as T-Mobile and my International SIM don't have one yet.

So far this SIM works.

Regards

Last edited by eng; 08-19-2008 at 07:27 PM. Reason: UPDATE

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation