HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unlocking / Activation Everything about unlocking and activation.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 09:15 PM
What's Jailbreak?

iphone 3g Jailbreak + ismartphone turboSim unlock STUCK! need help!

ok.. lol im such a nOOB. here it goes
1) bought ismart turbosim unlock for the iphone 3g 8gb
2) cut my simcard accordingly and then plugged it into my iphone 3g and wala got EDGE working + tmobile with full bars
3) got happy and then some one said yo u should jailbreak the iphone 3g 8gb. so i created a Custom Restore file using these check in winpwn. this is v 2.0.1 btw anyway i have CYDIA, INSTALLER, YOUTUBE FIX check and ACtivate Checked. and then built the restore file.
4) DFU ANd then installed whte restore with my current ismart simcard inside with my t-mobile attached.

5) next i waited and waited.. it went to hte main screen all looked good . until i got this message "no service" ........................ so i turn the phone and on again some how i received a voicemail i guess some one left me it. but once it says voicemail immediately it went back to "noservice".. and it stayed that way.

6) so i took out the ismart turbosim with my sim card i put it in my other iphone 3g. no service... now im stuck lol

i have serveral questions

1) if i restore a iphone 3g back to original Firmware.. and sell it to a guy with ATT how does he activate it? does it cost money to activate it.

2) wha can i do to fix it?

lol basically it
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:04 PM
What's Jailbreak?

It is my problem too!

Hi my friend,

I am form Brazil (carrier: Vivo) and I am trying to use the RebelSim.
Everthing that is happyning to you is happyning to me.
Did you find a solution?

Tks!
Old 08-17-2008, 09:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0.1 JailBroken
Operating System: XP SP2

Restore your phone, then recreate the custom firmware. DO NOT CHECK YOUTUBE FIX, DO NOT CHECK ACTIVATE. That only applies to the 1st gen iphone as there is no software unlock for the 3g
Old 08-17-2008, 10:04 PM
What's Jailbreak?

well firstly. this is what i found out you have to have 3g off. found in your settings, then general . network i belive turn it off then it should work. if the iphone still doesnt detect your simcard... you have to check if rebel sim actaully works forexample stick it in another phone and see. let me know what happens

The instructions below from vsnlweb is for ATT Sim cards.
"Restore your phone, then recreate the custom firmware. DO NOT CHECK YOUTUBE FIX, DO NOT CHECK ACTIVATE. That only applies to the 1st gen iphone as there is no software unlock for the 3g"
Old 08-17-2008, 10:16 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0 Unlocked for T-Mobile

ok here's what you want to do:

if you want to keep it then restore it with itunes get an at&t sim borrowed from someone, the phone will activate, just pop in your sim+unlock sim carefully.

If you want to keep it and jailbreak it just do as above and pwn it, when it comes to the option window just leave it as default (dont check or uncheck anything), and it will work fine.

If you want to get rid of it just restore with itunes and post it on craigslist, you will get tons of offers (not necessarily from an at&t user).

I hope this helps.

Last edited by andrew.julian; 08-17-2008 at 10:19 PM.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation

Tags
iphone, ipod, itouch, turbosim