HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unlocking / Activation Everything about unlocking and activation.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 11:25 PM
What's Jailbreak?

sim tray doesnīt pop out itīs broken!!

Hi there,
I bought yessim to unlock my 16gb 3g iphone. I inserted both sims following the instructions. It was hard to make it get in; after, when I tried to take it out pressing with tool, it wouldnīt pop out. It couldnīt get the sim out so I opened the iphone and took the sim out...but the little stick that ejects the tray it s no longer there.
So now I can insert sim cards, but canīt take them out unless I open the iphone.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

regards
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:36 PM
Green Apple

Did the yes sim work? The new iphones were not designed to hold these and the sim card. I tried with a Turbo Sim. What I noticed is that every time I pushed the paperclip down to eject the sim tray, it was like it was going into a void. Like nothing was there. I just wiggled it around a little and the sim tray ejected slightly. I then used my finer nails and patience to wiggle it out enough to were I could grasp it and pull.

I moved the sim tray back and fourth slightly and was able to get it to come out partially. I pushed the Turbo Sim out from the bottom with my finger while pulling. Eventually, the tray came out, but the cut SIM card got stuck in the phone. I then has to take a slightly bent paper clip to fish the sim card out.

Bottom line...these are a piece of s**t that don't work. I didn't have to take my phone apart, but if you get the tray out, don't do it again.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:48 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Iīve tried many times with the clip, but no sign of sim tray at all. The only option I had was to open the iphone, otherwise I wouldnīt have done it. Inside, it seems that a little piece is missing, the one that should make the tray pop out.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:06 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1 (1st Gen.)
Operating System: Mac OS X Leopard / MacBook Pro

My tray doesn't eject anymore.

I use a very thin screw driver, put it in and pull the tray out.

Works
Old 08-18-2008, 03:56 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Legally Unlocked 16gb 3G IPHONE
Operating System: Windows 98SE

i too had troubles
i ended up snapping the simtray leavin both cards in the phone along with haf the tray
lucky a peice of the sim was hanging out and i could remove it
but now i got a broken simtray
had to order one in from HK should be here tomorrow or the day after at worst
hopefully the next simcard i put in it is also the last one gotta love legally unlocked phones
Old 08-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Green Apple

Does anyone know if you can use the previous generation iphone sim tray? They seem more sturdier than the new plastic ones.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:36 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

i hope they make a black metal sim tray mines bro to but can still be used,the little circle broke,it is not really the sim adapters it is the crappy cheap sim trays,also do what i did take a knife put the tip into the circle and pull upwards.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:36 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

I've had this issue as well. You can use a paperclip and curve it so you have a hook (actually more like an "L" shape) on then end. when you insert it, point the hook towards the sim card (there is a space there where the sim card slants. It will allow you to get a hold of the sucker and pull it out. works like a charm.

Last edited by cartman13; 08-19-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Legally Unlocked 16gb 3G IPHONE
Operating System: Windows 98SE

rud3bwoy
no you cant use the first gen simtrays
they actually hold the simcard the other way around
when i first broke my tray i went and ordered a gen1 tray thinking it will work untill i get my new tray in from HK
sadly it doesnt work
and im still waiting for my simtray to arrive so far its taken 3 days to clear customs
i swear the seller must of packed the package full of heroin ive never had ne thing take thing long to get threw customs especially a tiny peice of plastic
its f@#king annoying

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation