HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unlocking / Activation Everything about unlocking and activation.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 07:08 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Anybody heard anything about Universal sim???

Im thinking about buyin this one, since i get positive and negative feedbacks on all the other sim card adapters.

Any info???
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:33 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I found it difficult (you can't get there from here). If you go to the universalsim dot org website - then click on "buy" you get a list of re-sellers. Four pages down, I find a guy in the US - $50 for one sim - forget it...
Old 08-19-2008, 07:49 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I bought an iPhone 3g off ebay which is locked to AT&T. I am in the UK and wanted to use it on the 3 network. I must have tried five different kind of sim hacks including the Bladox Turbosim, X-Sim and the i-smartphone which is meant to be designed with the 3g in mind. None of them gave me the full features. I bought a universal-sim from the uk (a compnay listed on the resellers page called uniksource). They were really helpful and very cheap (£5 for the universal-sim and £10 for the PKey programmer). I downloaded the latest software, flashed it to the Universal Sim popped it in my iphone and it worked perfectly! I am really happy with it and it hasn't failed yet (one week and counting!). Everything works apart from the lack of my Caller ID being sent out. The fact that it is programmable is great and I highly recommend it!

bebeboouk
Old 08-19-2008, 08:04 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Heya Bebebook

Good to hear that you having some luck with the universal-sim.
Can you tell me if you have full 3g data access?

Peace Toothpick
Old 08-19-2008, 10:20 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Yup, its great! Nice and fast and to use 3uk as my network is a dream. I use the London Tube alot and I am constantly going in and out of signal area's, but it always comes back. It's a good stepping stone until (and if ever) the Iphone Dev Team release a true unlocker!

I have also tried this with a uk o2 (remember my phone is locked to at&t), uk orange and a uk vodafone sim and it worked. I haven't tried T-Mobile yet.

Last edited by bebeboouk; 08-19-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:11 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Can you please tell me the exact name of the website you bought the sim from? There's a unikgsm listed on the resellers page but the address does not work. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebeboouk View Post
I bought an iPhone 3g off ebay which is locked to AT&T. I am in the UK and wanted to use it on the 3 network. I must have tried five different kind of sim hacks including the Bladox Turbosim, X-Sim and the i-smartphone which is meant to be designed with the 3g in mind. None of them gave me the full features. I bought a universal-sim from the uk (a compnay listed on the resellers page called uniksource). They were really helpful and very cheap (£5 for the universal-sim and £10 for the PKey programmer). I downloaded the latest software, flashed it to the Universal Sim popped it in my iphone and it worked perfectly! I am really happy with it and it hasn't failed yet (one week and counting!). Everything works apart from the lack of my Caller ID being sent out. The fact that it is programmable is great and I highly recommend it!

bebeboouk
Old 08-19-2008, 07:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Does it work in the u.s.?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:10 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 jailbroken 8Gb
Operating System: windows xp and Vista
Send a message via Skype? to Prioryman

I googled uniksource and it does not show up. Do have the direct link thanks
Old 08-21-2008, 11:37 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Yeah for some reason their website isn't working. So I called them up over the phone and paid by paypal. It took a few days to arrive (even though they are less than 50 miles away from me) but like I say, it was worth it! Call the number listed under UnikGSM during office hours.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:31 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

It seems universal sim does work great,a lot of people are advertising on craigslist for this,a guy that i told this about bought a lot of these and unlocking them for 50 bucks,he also said you do not need to cut your sim card,and from what i heard turbo sim has came out with a new one where you do not need to cut either,so i might just throw away my current turbo sim and try this one out
Old 08-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 jailbroken 8Gb
Operating System: windows xp and Vista
Send a message via Skype? to Prioryman

bebeboouk, would you email me the telefone numer please, I cannot get it of the site for some reason. I might also need a little help programming the chip if you don't mind, thank John
Old 08-21-2008, 10:22 PM
What's Jailbreak?

bebeboouk, what do u mean by downloading software and flashed it to the universal sim??? u have to have software to use the universal sim card in the iphone???
Old 08-21-2008, 11:41 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

also is it true with universal sim you don't have to cut sim cards either?
Old 08-22-2008, 01:32 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 2.0 Classic

yes you have to cut it,

Mine doesn't work at all.... "No service"
Old 08-22-2008, 03:03 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Yes you do have to cut your sim. It is just too tight otherwise, plus the contacts don't connect. You have to flash the chip on the Universal Sim with the latest firmware which is available on their website. To do this you need a usb pkey reader. It is really easy to do, and full instructions are on their website. At first I was getting an invalid sim or no sim installed error. It also would get stuck inside the sim tray, so I put a piece of tape over the chip on the universal sim so it would slide back out easily, it also held the sim in place.

Don't let anyone scam you. The place I bought mine from charged me £5 for the Universal Sim and £10 for the PKEY reader. That is a very reasonable price. Any higher and you are being ripped off!!!!

The details are...
UnikGSM
Email: sha@unikgsm.com
MSN: sfaraji@gmail.com
Sonork: 100.101844
Tel: +44 208 523 5000
Mobile: +44 7979 553 553

Last edited by bebeboouk; 08-22-2008 at 03:08 AM.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation