HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unlocking / Activation Everything about unlocking and activation.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 11:04 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 16GB Iphone
Operating System: Windows XP
Unlock/Jailbreak/Activate Restored Iphone Problems

Okay, so I've had my iphone for about 3 months now and this is the 1st time I have had problems with it.
I have a 1st generation iphone, so I restored my iphone and now I can't unlock/jailbreak or even activate it.
I've used Ziphone and iLiberty to try to unlock it, but it always gets stuck in DFU Mode, at one point I even left on my computer to see if it would unlock overnight, but it didnt, then I eventually had to restore it AGAIN!
When its in DFU mode the usb cable part that goes into the computer and the itunes logo is on the screen.
Then when all else failed I tried using WINPWN, and it had troubles putting it into recovery mode, and then wouldnt do anything. I also tried creating custom firmware with it, but whenever I try to restore my iphone with ANY firmware iTunes always says something and then "ERROR 20" and my iphone disconnects.
I have been trying many different ways with these 3 programs, and after each way, I restored my iphone and tried it another way.
I have been doing this for 3 days, so if anyone could help, please help me?
THAT'D BE AWESOME. please and thank you
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sum64 For This Useful Post:
Dantana (08-23-2008)
Old 08-19-2008, 06:39 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5.3

First of all, DFU =black screen. Recovery = usb cable with itunes logo. Second, follow all of the steps to the letter with wnpwn. Do not skip anything and make sure that you follow the steps for your phone. There are 3 units that can be pwned. The iphone 2G, the ipod touch and the iphone 3G. If you don't pick the proper unit, you can screw up your phone big time. Then, make sure you have the latest version of itunes. Then make sure you have the 3.9 and 4.6 bin files for the baseband upgrade. Then once you have all of that, create a custom firmware using wnpwn (it supports 1.1.4, 2.0 and 2.0.1) then you will need to ipwner your itunes with the new firmware you created. Then, you put your phone in DFU mode (not recovery) and shift+click restore and pick your new firmware and voilà. If you are unsure, go to blog.iphone-dev.org
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satch2501 For This Useful Post:
Dantana (08-23-2008), sum64 (08-19-2008)
Old 08-19-2008, 08:50 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1 (1st Gen.)
Operating System: Mac OS X Leopard / MacBook Pro

Recover to the original firmware before upgrading to the pwned one. I had this problem once, and did so and it worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to NaysNay For This Useful Post:
sum64 (08-19-2008)
Old 08-20-2008, 06:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

(lost text)

i am currently getting error 1601

Last edited by sum64; 08-20-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-21-2008, 06:56 PM
What's Jailbreak?

PROBLEM SOLVED!
i just uninstalled all APPLE programs on my computer, restarted my computer, installed it again, restarted again, and then opened WINPWN and clicked "Browse .ipsw"
and chose the original firmware and then after i clicked "iPwner" and chose my custom firmware.( I left WINPWN on during restoring/updating my phone.) Then I put my phone into DFU mode and held shift down and hit restore and chose my custom firmware!
Then VOILA, my iphone worked.

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES EVERYONE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sum64 For This Useful Post:
ant1.0 (08-23-2008), Dantana (08-23-2008)

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation