HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Unlocking / Activation
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unlocking / Activation Everything about unlocking and activation.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 06:33 PM
What's Jailbreak?

questions about using quickpwn.

Hi right now i have a jailbrokened, activated, unlocked 2.0.0 first gen 16g iphone using t-mobile. I have some questions before performing the upgrade.

1) if i upgraded via itunes to 2.0.2 and use quickpwn to jailbreak it again, would my phone still remained unlock and activated for t-mobile?

2) And would i have to uncheck the install cydia option since i already have it installed on my iphone or leave it checked and install it again?

3) Would my contacts and everything be gone?

Other words i just want my iphone to be like it was before but with the new firmware in it.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Green Apple

1. Yes your iPhone will remain unliked but of course, the jailbrake is gone along with all apps u installed from cydia/installer (they will be gone too)

2. Because if the whole #1 thing u will have too install it again.

3. Back up with iTunes Anf when u jailbrake with the custom ipsw just restore from that backup

Also you must wait for the new winpwn 2.5 to jailbrake (or use quickpwn) 2.0.2
Winpwn 2.5 will be availabe tommorow.

After u jailbrake u must install your Cydia apps again and u will be on 2.0.2

Hope this helps and reply back for any more questionS

bump.

Last edited by minivinny95; 08-22-2008 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to minivinny95 For This Useful Post:
ricecooker (08-22-2008)
Old 08-22-2008, 07:11 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Thanks for the quick response! so all my contacts would really be all gone? whats the benefits of waiting for the new winpwn 1.5 instead of using quickpwn now since my iphone is already unlocked and activated? Dont quickpwn also jailbreak the 2.0.2?
Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Green Apple

well winpwn is personaly to me better and cool features but u can use either one
Quickpqb will also be in winpwn too

BACK UP UR DATA SO ALL OF IT IS SAFE

also the update to 2.0.2 doesn't erase nothing and If u decide to use quickpwb is easy and all data is secure and isn't touched
It's all safe but to be on the date side back up in iTunes and it will be OKAY!

Also H&R phone will remain unlocked but I have AT&T so idk if quickpwn locks it to AT&T but if it does install BootNeuter and unlock

bump.

Last edited by minivinny95; 08-22-2008 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to minivinny95 For This Useful Post:
ricecooker (08-22-2008)

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Unlocking / Activation