HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Web Apps
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Web Apps This forum is for discussion and releases of 3rd party web apps. These are apps that run in Safari on your iPhone, and require an internet connection.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 07:57 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Announcing iSMS - Save iPhone's SMS!

Hi!
I've just finished a new fantastic webapp!
Well, it's not intended to be run on the iPhone directly, but I think you will find it very useful.

It's name is iSMS and you can find it here: http://isms.netsons.org

What does it do? Simply, it's a simple way to store SMS from the iPhone!

from the official site:
Quote:
The iPhone is a fantastic phone... but it has a limit: you can save only up to 1000 sms.
If you were like us that we live of bread and sms, you would find this limit as very big, also because sms cannot be deleted one by one so, when your phone memory is full, you have to delete all your messages, including the ones that are important for you.
To solve this problem we have developed iSMS this fantastic WebApp that everyone can use for free!
iSMS is not an application, but a WebApp: this means that you don't need to download and install anything on your PC. All you need is just a web browser (like Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox etc) and a internet connection. And you can access to your sms from anywhere, even with your mobile phone! (See FAQs for more information)
We have developed the app with an eye on security and privacy: as it's written in the FAQ, everything in the database is encrypted and neither the administrators can read your data, which is encrypted using your password. Your privacy and data security has been a priority for us since we start the development of iSMS!

The app, even if has been under development for almost 3 months and has been tested hard, is still in beta phase, so there may be some errors; so I'd really appreciate bug reports (and corrections of spelling errors: since I'm from Italy my English is not perfect ).

Feel free to ask any question here or using the contact form in the site, and, of course, to try it!
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to myselft For This Useful Post:
yokken (01-24-2008)
Old 01-24-2008, 11:23 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I just tried it out. It works great! I'm at school and apparently they block incoming and outgoing SSH connections, even to internal IPs, so I couldn't use PuTTY to get into my phone- but no matter! I used Finder and just emailed sms.db to myself. It was epic. You just grab the file, upload it, and you're done!

It's freaking awesome. Great application guys.

Last edited by yokken : 01-24-2008 at 11:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yokken For This Useful Post:
myselft (01-24-2008)
Old 01-24-2008, 11:39 AM
What's Jailbreak?

thank you very much! I'm glad you find it useful...
For Mac OSX there's also a native app that automatically extracts the file using USB connection (see Uploader page)

I started this webapp as a personal application because my iPhone's SMS memory is always full and I didn't want to delete many messages... Later I thought about opening this to the public, I added AES encryption etc...
If the project goes well, I'll probably move it to a new domain...
Old 02-12-2008, 10:49 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows Vista x64
Send a message via MSN to stocis

it doesnt work really well.. it shows only some of the convo not the whole deal..

for instance in a day i use to send around 25-30 sms to a contact (u guessed right gf)
but it only shows some of the conversation there and most of the time just 5 out of 30-40..
Old 02-12-2008, 12:49 PM
What's Jailbreak?

stocis, I'd really appreciate if you give me some feedback.

first, where do you live? this problem may be caused by the "Country" setting: I didn't know info about all countries, so not every country is included...

I'm going to send you a PM with my MSNM and GTalk username (and email address too)... I'd like to have a chat with you... If it isn't a problem, then, I'd like to have the sms.db file you uploaded to try it by myself...

remember that iSMS is still in beta, so there may be bugs...

//EDIT
I've found in the database your email address. I'm going to email you.
The Following User Says Thank You to myselft For This Useful Post:
stocis (02-12-2008)
Old 02-12-2008, 01:42 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows Vista x64
Send a message via MSN to stocis

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselft View Post
stocis, I'd really appreciate if you give me some feedback.

first, where do you live? this problem may be caused by the "Country" setting: I didn't know info about all countries, so not every country is included...

I'm going to send you a PM with my MSNM and GTalk username (and email address too)... I'd like to have a chat with you... If it isn't a problem, then, I'd like to have the sms.db file you uploaded to try it by myself...

remember that iSMS is still in beta, so there may be bugs...

//EDIT
I've found in the database your email address. I'm going to email you.

the developer contacted me and we remade an account solving this problem.. the problem should perhaps be a false or corrupted implication/upload of the db..

in any case it works now

thanks again.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:24 AM
What's Jailbreak?

iSMS 2 was released two days ago.

NOW INCLUDES FULL 1.1.3/1.1.4 support!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone

i registered and all but how do i use it...
Old 04-13-2008, 08:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

So did i and when i try to log in it tells me i have 2 downloads left. Whats up with that?
Old 04-14-2008, 06:53 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis1krazyazn View Post
i registered and all but how do i use it...
You need to get the sms.db file from your iPhone and upload it.
I know this is not so simple, but I'm working on a solution. At the moment, if you are on a Mac, you may use iSMS Uploader to extract the file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrysllc View Post
So did i and when i try to log in it tells me i have 2 downloads left. Whats up with that?
Please check your email. I've replied to you there. If you cannot solve the problem, please email me you username in the site and I'll try to help you in private.

Please remember that iSMS is currently a beta service, so I cannot assure it is 100% working. Your help is needed in order to fix as much problems as we discover.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:52 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: Win

Hi. I've installed iSMS on 1.1.4 and it seems to start...but every sms sent or received is captured by the native sms app....then obviously isn't correct...
Then...what can I do to resolve this?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:42 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leehook View Post
Hi. I've installed iSMS on 1.1.4 and it seems to start...but every sms sent or received is captured by the native sms app....then obviously isn't correct...
Then...what can I do to resolve this?
that's not the right thread... this is about another service...

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Web Apps