HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Web Apps
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Web Apps This forum is for discussion and releases of 3rd party web apps. These are apps that run in Safari on your iPhone, and require an internet connection.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 08:07 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Need Testers for Application

Hi,

I've created a web app and need some help testing it. It is a skygazing application that tells you when and where the planets are now as well as when they will be the most visible from your location.

One of the things I need tested is the web clip. My iPhone is a 1.1.2 so I cannot verify if the icon I setup is working. The site is here:

http://www.mobilefission.com/iskygaze

The math routines still have to be optimized, so it takes about 15 seconds for it to calculate the sky in your location.

I appreciate your help!
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:12 AM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: iphone 8gb 1.1.2 OTB (was a referb)running 1.1.4 Pwned
Operating System: Mac OsX 10.5.1

well the icon thing works... its like a cartoon jupitor. im trying out the rest now...

EDIT:

ok well i tried it it seems reallyy cool.... i will check to nght to see if the readings are accurate.. good work.. like the UI... maybe make into a native app....

Last edited by julianqm2 : 02-02-2008 at 08:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to julianqm2 For This Useful Post:
yarsrvenge (02-02-2008)
Old 02-02-2008, 11:50 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

webclip icon works for me too.

I like the application; it offers some pretty neat info. Nice that is tailored to my location so I don't have to do any time zone conversions. I'll recommend this to my buddy with a telescope.

If I had to offer one criticism (which I know you didn't ask for, so feel free to disregard this), I'd change the webclip icon to something a little more... cool. But honestly, thats just my opinion.

Thanks for the app!

iphone tank volume calculator

Last edited by MOSHO92 : 02-02-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOSHO92 View Post
webclip icon works for me too.

I like the application; it offers some pretty neat info. Nice that is tailored to my location so I don't have to do any time zone conversions. I'll recommend this to my buddy with a telescope.

If I had to offer one criticism (which I know you didn't ask for, so feel free to disregard this), I'd change the webclip icon to something a little more... cool. But honestly, thats just my opinion.

Thanks for the app!
i think the same thing
the icon
is pretty u know not that cool.. i would say something better =D but the app is awesome
its soo cool i wish it was night already to see if i can see some of these planets at night
with a girl
romantic much right?
Old 02-02-2008, 04:13 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Thanks

I have no problem with criticism I cannot see how the icon really looks on the screen, so it is hard to judge how well it looks. I will work on a new one Monday.

More important right now are the calcs. I just noticed the recommended viewing time for the Moon is not close to correct today. I am working on that bug right now as well as another one related to recommended times. Will hopefully have it done before it gets dark.

When I get a new icon created Monday I will float it by you guys.

The calc problem has been resolved. I also put a new icon up there until I can get something more permanent in place.

Some of the verbiage in the details section could use some cleaning up. I use heuristics to try and use correct sentence structure based on the data I calculate, but it can still be a little odd looking. Example: If the best time to see the object is when it is at its highest point, there is no need to have the same information in two sentences.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Last edited by yarsrvenge : 02-02-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-02-2008, 06:08 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

I like the new icon!

iphone tank volume calculator
Old 02-03-2008, 01:00 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I've updated the app. When you select Begin SkyGazing it will give you three different viewing options. They are explained in the Tutorial section. The first option which simply tells you what is visible right now and where to find it. It is very fast.

I'll be adding a one more object before I officially release it. Most probably Rigil (a Star in Orion) since it is a bright star and can provide a visual indicator where to find the Orion Nebula.

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Web Apps