HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > Windows Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Windows Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to Windows should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 08:10 AM
What's Jailbreak?

WinSCP "Connection Timed Out" error

Hello there, I am a new iPhone user and having great difficulty SSHing into my phone. Whenever I try to connect to WinSCP I always get a "Connection Timed Out" error, and I don't know what to do!

I have installed BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH onto my iPhone and followed all of the topics I can find on this issue. I still cannot connect to my phone vie WinSCP due to the "Connection Timed Out" Error.

I have tried increasing my server response time to 60 seconds and restarting my phone but nothing seems to work. I do notice however that when I change the response time the error message pops up within 25 seconds, not the 60 that I change it to.

Any suggestions? And what is putty.exe?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:14 PM
iPhoneaholic

Is the port number 20 and SCP selected from the drop down menu? even if it says "abort connection" in the beginning, leave it for 45 seconds at least
blazedcash (06-06-2008)
Old 04-06-2008, 02:10 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I don't even get an abort option, all that I see while it's loading or w/e is an empty white window. I've tried a bunch of different port numbers,but nothing seems to work
Old 04-06-2008, 03:01 AM
Green Apple

ok so lets pick out the silly mistakes:
-make sure its not on the "slide to unlock" screen and that it is functioning
-make sure ur connected to wifi
-if there is more than 1 wifi connection make sure the computer and the phone are ton the same one
- if ur on firmware 1.0.0, 1.0.2 then the username is root and pass is dottie
- else the username is root and pass is alpine
if these dont work then there must be an issue wid ur network and i reccomend u use this to gain file access
http://code.google.com/p/t-pot/ --- pretty straight forward
The Following User Says Thank You to rubikscube For This Useful Post:
Peterpot (04-06-2008)
Old 04-06-2008, 07:10 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: Jailbroken 1.1.4.
Operating System: Windows XP

Do you have your user name and password right?

Username = root
Password = Alpine
Old 04-06-2008, 07:32 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Yea, I have the username and password right. I think that it might be a problem with my network, as I have met all of those other conditions that you listed (except for my computer and iphone being on the same wifi network, my computer is attatched through ethernet cable while my iphone connects to a seperate wireless network).

How does that google.com/pot thing work? Is it a seperate program similar to WinSCP or is it just a plug-in that should help my winSCP to work?

I'm really just trying to get GBA roms onto my iPhone...are there any other ways that I could do this?
Old 04-06-2008, 07:40 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Try resetting your router....
Old 04-06-2008, 09:09 PM
What's Jailbreak?

well my router is my roomates laptop that I'm connecting to wirelessly without his knowledge. Sometimes he turns it off so I'm sure that's equivalent to resetting a router
Old 04-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpot View Post
Yea, I have the username and password right. I think that it might be a problem with my network, as I have met all of those other conditions that you listed (except for my computer and iphone being on the same wifi network, my computer is attatched through ethernet cable while my iphone connects to a seperate wireless network).

How does that google.com/pot thing work? Is it a seperate program similar to WinSCP or is it just a plug-in that should help my winSCP to work?

I'm really just trying to get GBA roms onto my iPhone...are there any other ways that I could do this?
yo the tpot thing is a plugin for a file viewer... look at the tutorial .. its awesome cuz u dont need internet.. just a usb
Old 04-08-2008, 12:49 PM
What's Jailbreak?

you need to go into settings on the phone switch auto lock to never otherwise it wont even connect and you need the ip address of the wifi router you will find that on the phone when you go into wifi settings there is a little blue arrow click it and the ip address will be there type that into the host section of win scp then root and alpine

also iphone browser 1.52 will acess without a wifi just need the cable from phone to puter
select var/root/library/customize/sounds BTW you need to jailbreak your phone first or all this is obsolete
cheers

Last edited by studiorat : 04-08-2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > Windows Specific Modding Discussion