HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > Windows Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Windows Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to Windows should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 02:13 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 16 gb IPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista
[How To] Install Customize on 1.1.4 (Windows)

Ok, no matter how many times it has been said how to make it work, people still screw it up. If you do it exactly like this, IT WILL WORK FLAWLESSLY.

This should work with ANY jailbroke phone. Please uninstall any customize you have on your phone prior to doing this.

This method does work on phones jailbroke with ZiPhone. Tested to make sure.

(1). Make sure you have BSD Subsystem and Open SSH installed on your phone. If you dont have them installer them via installer. If you have one, you have the other ....and you likely already have this since it is the first thing most people install when they jailbreak and start using installer.

(2). Download Skylar's hacked version of customize and unzip it (file attached)
or
Download 2.0beta version from customizeapp.com

(3). Open WinSCP and log in to your iphone using SSH. (name:ROOT pass:ALPINE) To find out what your IP number is for your phone, simply go into your phone settings>wifi>*select your router using the blue arrow*- it will show you your IP addy..... write that down. Also while you are in settings, set your autolock to NEVER.

If your having trouble I attached a screenshot of the login settings for WinSCP.

Get WinSCP here:
http://winscp.net/download/winscp406setup.exe

(4). Now that you are logged in through SSH using WinSCP, go to /APPLICATIONS and click the arrow to expand the applications folder.

(5). Locate the customize application on your HD and drag it inside the iphone applications folder in SSH.

(6). Now, open your terminal application. Ctrl + T or Commands >> Open Terminal.

Once you are logged into the phone in terminal, (if you do not get an error you are logged in) simply copy and paste the following:

/bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app

HIT "Execute"

/bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize

HIT "Execute"

Attached is a picture of what the terminal commands looks like.

(7). Close the terminal window, you are done. Try to open Customize, it will likely crash on the first open. Now completely turn your phone off by holding the top key until you get the "slide to turn off" option and do so.

(8). Turn your phone back on. Try to open customize again. It might crash on the first try, but should pick up on the next try. (It may take a few times of opening it before it creates the customize folder)

Congrats, you now have a fully working version of Customize. Go get some goodies from the installer. You can install directly from the installer without having to move anything you downloaded into other folders or chmod anything. It will work FLAWLESSLY.

Images for customize go into folder

/private/var/root/library/customize
then put the image files into the proper folder within the customize folder.

Credit goes to one1. He posted how to do this on a mac, just changed it to how it is done on windows.

This method will work to manually install any application. All you do is change the chmod executions to the proper app name.
Attached Thumbnails

Attached Files
Customize.zip (324.3 KB, 522 views)

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

Last edited by kcisjojo : 05-04-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:
Bad2049 (04-21-2008), buffsoccer16 (05-06-2008), david77123 (05-27-2008), DUCKY (04-24-2008), hjmk (05-17-2008), johndoe12 (05-21-2008), junee0420 (05-04-2008), Junon (04-12-2008), Mental_Mick (05-03-2008), mike_carter1 (04-23-2008), Moca (05-10-2008), phinalsolution (04-22-2008), sbfleming (05-15-2008), The_Boricua (05-09-2008), zatche (04-23-2008)
Old 04-07-2008, 02:20 AM

Device + Firmware: 8gb iPhone running 1.1.4
Operating System: Win XP

or you could just use customize 2.0 from customizeapp.com

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button
The Following User Says Thank You to D3VIL™ For This Useful Post:
zatche (04-23-2008)
Old 04-07-2008, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3VIL™ View Post
or you could just use customize 2.0 from customizeapp.com
The method I wrote is the best method I know of as of right now. It only takes a couple minutes and it works great. I have not had any issues at all since I installed it this way.

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:
zatche (04-23-2008)
Old 04-07-2008, 02:32 AM

but that's the old verison. Now theres the 2.0 beta. Check it out, works sweet!

zatche (04-23-2008)
Old 04-07-2008, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3VIL™ View Post
but that's the old verison. Now theres the 2.0 beta. Check it out, works sweet!
Either way you still have to install it on your phone. The point of the thread is to help people install it on their phone. The method is the same for the 2 versions.

Also the 2.0 version is beta and there seems to be a few bugs left after reading on their forum.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:20 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4
Operating System: vista
Send a message via Skype? to i pimping

or in ispazo you can download the addon that lets you get 1.1.3 adons and then you can download custum that way it works fine
Old 04-07-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i pimping View Post
or in ispazo you can download the addon that lets you get 1.1.3 adons and then you can download custum that way it works fine
Many people have issues when downloading it. I have seen tons of reports of crashing and different bugs. I assume the chmod settings are not always properly set via installer and this is what causes the issue.

This method only takes a minute to do and you wont have any issues.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:57 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone, Jailbroken, 1.1.3
Operating System: WinXP

Will this work on 1.1.3 cuz the customize version from 1.2 from Installer hangs and comes back to the home screen?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto_default View Post
Will this work on 1.1.3 cuz the customize version from 1.2 from Installer hangs and comes back to the home screen?
Did you use the customize that I attached to my post and did you do the chmod commands.

If you used an older copy of customize then it hasnt been modified correctly to run on 1.1.3/4.

If you didnt run the chmod commands then the permissions are not set correctly.

Did you restart your phone? It needs to be restarted after everything and customize may crash the first time you try to open it but after that it should be fine.

Other than that it should work fine. Have done on a few different iphones with no issues.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:05 PM

I'm not trying to argue with you, your method works well However, Customize 2.0 Beta works like a charm on my 1.1.4 straight from Installer, no Chmod's or fixes needed. Apart from some server growing pain issues, the program works very well! And it is still in Beta after all

But if ppl want to hold onto the old version, your method is the way to go

mike_carter1 (04-23-2008)
Old 04-12-2008, 12:34 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcisjojo View Post
Did you use the customize that I attached to my post and did you do the chmod commands.

If you used an older copy of customize then it hasnt been modified correctly to run on 1.1.3/4.

If you didnt run the chmod commands then the permissions are not set correctly.

Did you restart your phone? It needs to be restarted after everything and customize may crash the first time you try to open it but after that it should be fine.

Other than that it should work fine. Have done on a few different iphones with no issues.
Hmm, I am following your method exactly, here the main problem I am running into when I copy and paste the whole folder under....\apps and run the command in Terminal window it pops up saying it couldnt find customize??
Old 04-12-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Hmm, I am following your method exactly, here the main problem I am running into when I copy and paste the whole folder under....apps and run the command in Terminal window it pops up saying it couldnt find customize??
You are not moving the app through the command window. Once WinSCP comes up you then drag and drop from anywhere on your computer and place it into the applications folder. Make sure you go all the way up and then put it into /Applications.

After you have done that then do the terminal commands. The commands modify the permissions, but you actually have to place the folder on there first.

You should be set after that.

picture attached
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by kcisjojo : 04-12-2008 at 12:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:
moto_default (04-12-2008)
Old 04-12-2008, 04:31 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Okay it worked, I guess this should be noted that, when you transfer the folder of "customize" it has to be renamed in the fone as "Customize.app" then disconnect and reboot fone. It launched on the first try. I have the screen showing 1.21 (custom), no themes are downloaded and I am downloading them from installer. OKay I downloaded some and still the same screen 1.21 custom and nothing there?? Why is it like that? How shall I apply those icons and stuff?

One quick question what is the main difference b/w summerboard, (I can manually download themes from this site and install them in the fone and auto too via installer), customize (first time trying this app now) and iswitcher...I have seen many good looking themes for iswitcher I can install it via installer, just want to know how to install customize themes and iswitcher and whats the difference, thank you my fellow members!!!

Last edited by moto_default : 04-12-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:54 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I've used your method, and I only have one issue. Once I try and apply skins/themes/etc through customize via winscp:

I go to: var, root, library, and there's no customize. However, I can still access the customize application on my iphone screen, and I have rebooted my phone as well. Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks again.

Last edited by Junon : 04-12-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junon View Post
I've used your method, and I only have one issue. Once I try and apply skins/themes/etc through customize via winscp:

I go to: var, root, library, and there's no customize. However, I can still access the customize application on my iphone screen, and I have rebooted my phone as well. Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks again.

put images into this folder. if you have installed customize, then it should be there.

Quote:
One quick question what is the main difference b/w summerboard, (I can manually download themes from this site and install them in the fone and auto too via installer), customize (first time trying this app now) and iswitcher...I have seen many good looking themes for iswitcher I can install it via installer, just want to know how to install customize themes and iswitcher and whats the difference, thank you my fellow members!!!
Summerboard does themes for basically your entire phone, whereas customize lets you change individual pictures.

When you get your images put them into
this folder and you should be set to go. (in each of the individual folders for each different picture)

Last edited by kcisjojo : 04-20-2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: typo

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > Windows Specific Modding Discussion