HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > Computer Modding Software > Windows Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Windows Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to Windows should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 03:35 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Customize on Iphone 1.1.4

Hi Everyone

I have just seen a post on here from someone showing Mac users how to successfully install Customize on 1.1.4. I used this using windows and winscp and putty. This got Customize to work. It lags for up to a minute on the front screen for spicychicken but then opens up. My problem is I see nothing within all the folders. I have tried adding sources via installer and I have also installed anything under Theme Customize in installer but its limited to only about 4 things. One theme did work and it installed this as a customzie theme in summerboard. However all other Customize folders have nothing in them and I cannot get anything via winscp to show in them iether.

Maybe ive done something wrong! Can anyone tell me how to rectify this or how to install customize again (link please as the original was for Mac) using a windows pc?

Much appreciated
Samantha
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:08 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 (PWNED)
Operating System: Leopard / XP

You need to install customize 2.0 (Beta) which is fully compatible with 1.1.4. Go to www.customizeapp.com and register and then add customizeapp.com/plist/installer to your sources and install Customize 2.0 from the Utilities folder.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:54 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Hi There

Ive got it working having put the files into Private/var/root/library so didnt think I needed to download 2. Have got the jist of it except cannot get sounds to work or the weather night backgrounds to show properley. The day ones work ok . I seem to spend hours trouble shooting as I go along. Must be sad! If I download beta 2 and put into the sources your suggestion will that mean I can see more stuff under the theme customize folder in installer? Im just a bit terrified as I dont know what I would need to remove from winscp to then do a clean install of beta2. I seem to have loads of Customize in root and var etc etc.

What do you think? is there a chat link that we could link up on?

Many thanks

Sam
Old 05-13-2008, 08:00 AM

Customize 2.0 is COMPLETELY different from what you have now. There are several hundred themes to choose from that you can download and apply DIRECTLY through the app itself. The background and icon selections are pretty much endless in 2.0.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:10 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Sounds fab!!! Okay so I have 2 Customize folders in winscp they are in the following places

Private/var/root/library (this one is the working one I think)

root/var/mobile/library (not got all the folders like the one above)

Okay so what do I do - delete them both and they should then disappear off the iphone? I just need to make sure that when I install your link and source that it doesnt get scrambled or duplicated. Im on 02 network by the way (not sure if that matters) running vista operating system.

Really appreciate your help thanks

Sam
Old 05-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
You need to install customize 2.0 (Beta) which is fully compatible with 1.1.4. Go to www.customizeapp.com and register and then add customizeapp.com/plist/installer to your sources and install Customize 2.0 from the Utilities folder.
Did that, but after I go to homescreen and click on customize it just crashes back to homescreen.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamily View Post
Sounds fab!!! Okay so I have 2 Customize folders in winscp they are in the following places

Private/var/root/library (this one is the working one I think)

root/var/mobile/library (not got all the folders like the one above)

Okay so what do I do - delete them both and they should then disappear off the iphone? I just need to make sure that when I install your link and source that it doesnt get scrambled or duplicated. Im on 02 network by the way (not sure if that matters) running vista operating system.

Really appreciate your help thanks

Sam
All the themes for Customize 2.0 will be in a folder (not sure which directory) called Customize2. All the other stuff you can delete to save space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0bolus View Post
Did that, but after I go to homescreen and click on customize it just crashes back to homescreen.
Correct installation procedures for the new customize:

1. Go into installer
2. install the BSD Subsystem (if not already installed)
3. install the SUID fix, if you are on firmware 1.1.3 or Later (listed under tweaks 1.1.3)
4. install summerboard
5. launch summerboard, close summerboard
6. reboot the phone
7. install customize 2.0 from installation source
8. launch customize, close customize
9. launch summerboard, set the theme to "customize", ensure both "theme wallpaper" and "wallpaper" are ON all others OFF (this is a little tricky on my phone, have to keep resetting them until they finally go...), close summerboard
10. launch summerboard and confirm that your settings are correct as mentioned in step 9, close summerboard
11. launch customize, download the theme you want, apply it to the phone, exit/respring and you should now see your theme installed

Last edited by Poseidon79 : 05-13-2008 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2008, 09:39 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Thanks for this. I already have summerboard on my phone is that going to cause any issues? It works fine at the moment.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamily View Post
Thanks for this. I already have summerboard on my phone is that going to cause any issues? It works fine at the moment.
The instructions were for the other user whos app was crashing. You are good to go!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:33 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Thanks will try now

It works after the SUID patch and a couple of crashes/freezing. loads of things in their. Now I need a tutorial on how to apply things. You are a star thanks V Much

Last edited by spamily : 05-13-2008 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Green Apple

hey, what do i use now to remove apps from the screen? i like a blank screen using dock to pul up apps.

*****sorry, last time i tried poof, it did not work all that well, i just used it and its working flawlessly for me.

Last edited by Sticky111 : 05-13-2008 at 01:08 PM.

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > Computer Modding Software > Windows Specific Modding Discussion