HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > Windows Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Windows Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to Windows should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:39 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

edge stopped working on 1.1.4

i have a 1.1.4 jailbroken phone...

edge has been working fine until recently. now, whenever i try to do anything edge relatedmail, safari, swirlymms) i get an error saying "could not activate edge: you are not subscribed to edge"

i have an at&t account, not unlocked only jailbroken.

any ideas?

Guides:
Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:46 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3, 04.03.13_G, BL3.9
Operating System: Windows XP

reset your network settings, that did the trick for me:

Settings>general>reset>Reset Network Settings

It seems Swirly can mess up your normal edge settings but this resets it ok, you will lose any Wifi network access history so will need to type that in again.
rianbattle (03-07-2008)
Old 03-07-2008, 08:03 AM

thanks a lot ^_^

didn't know that was there lol but it did the trick

Guides:
Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps
Old 03-07-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
reset your network settings, that did the trick for me:
It seems Swirly can mess up your normal edge settings but this resets it ok, you will lose any Wifi network access history so will need to type that in again.
I had the same problem.
reset did the trick
Old 03-11-2008, 12:30 PM
What's Jailbreak?

This fix helped me as well. I had a problem where iPhone could not connect to the server. Nothing worked on Edge and this saved me from doing another damn restore. I JUST fixed Customize on 1.1.4 and did not want to lose everything again.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:54 PM

Device + Firmware: iPhone┃1.1.4┃Fido & Maxis
Operating System: OSX 10.4.11
Could Not Activate EDGE

I seem to be having the same issue. I had previously jailbroken and unlocked iPhone using ZiPhone v2.5. Everything was functioning as it should be, except for the occasional issue connecting my Apple BT headset to the iPhone.

A few days ago, I had to restore my iPhone so I decided to jailbreak and unlock using iLiberty+ (v1.5.1). Now it seems that for about 30-50% of the time when I try to connect using EDGE (Google Maps, Safari, etc.) I get the dreaded message of "could not activate EDGE". I have verified my Network settings to be correct. I have tried resetting my Network Settings and that helped a little but I still am faced with this issue.

I also noticed that with BossPrefs, when EDGE is "activated" there is an IP address in the brackets and when it isn't activated its just "N/A" in brackets where the IP address would be.

- iPhone 1.1.4 (3.9BL originally and still the same) 04.04.05_G
- Jailbroken and unlocked using ZiPhone 2.5 (everything functioned perfectly except BT headset)
- Restored iPhone
- Jailbroken and Unlocked using iLiberty+ (v1.5.1)
- EDGE settings (APN, etc.) have been verified as correct.
- Tried Resetting Network Settings but not much improvement

Any insight to this issue would be great.

thanks,
e
Old 04-16-2008, 10:50 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP

then restore it again
Old 04-24-2008, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketsharma9865 View Post
then restore it again
haha, well, when i posted this, restoring took too long and involved reinstalling all your apps and themes(i have a LOT) and the above method worked for me. but, now that iPwnage and the IPSWBuilder is out it's a lot easier lol

Guides:
Old 04-24-2008, 07:45 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
I seem to be having the same issue. I had previously jailbroken and unlocked iPhone using ZiPhone v2.5. Everything was functioning as it should be, except for the occasional issue connecting my Apple BT headset to the iPhone.

A few days ago, I had to restore my iPhone so I decided to jailbreak and unlock using iLiberty+ (v1.5.1). Now it seems that for about 30-50% of the time when I try to connect using EDGE (Google Maps, Safari, etc.) I get the dreaded message of "could not activate EDGE". I have verified my Network settings to be correct. I have tried resetting my Network Settings and that helped a little but I still am faced with this issue.

I also noticed that with BossPrefs, when EDGE is "activated" there is an IP address in the brackets and when it isn't activated its just "N/A" in brackets where the IP address would be.

- Jailbroken and unlocked using ZiPhone 2.5 (everything functioned perfectly except BT headset)
- Restored iPhone

thanks,
e
Hi Echo, i have the same problem with my iphone 1.1.4 Jailbroken and unlocked using ZiPhone 3.0.
I have try to restore but the problem still remain.

have you solve the troubles?how?

thx
ermes18
Old 04-24-2008, 08:20 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 8gb 1.1.4
Operating System: windows vista

I am having a similar issue, just yesterday i jailbroke/unlocked/activated my 8gb iphone with ziphone 3.0. My wifi works fine, i can connect to my home network, but the safari will not work, says"not subscribed to edge" i pay 19.99 for a data package with tmobile and it still does not work. Any advice????????????????????
Old 04-25-2008, 02:47 AM
What's Jailbreak?

update:

through BossPrefs i see that sometime the Edge network have an IP address but the connection problem remain.

ermes18
Old 05-03-2008, 11:53 AM
What's Jailbreak?

The reset worked for me too. Thanks
Old 05-07-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post

- Restored iPhone

thanks,
e
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermes18 View Post
Hi Echo, i have the same problem with my iphone 1.1.4 Jailbroken and unlocked using ZiPhone 3.0.
I have try to restore but the problem still remain.

have you solve the troubles?how?

thx
ermes18
Quote:
Originally Posted by swollNmember View Post
I am having a similar issue, just yesterday i jailbroke/unlocked/activated my 8gb iphone with ziphone 3.0. My wifi works fine, i can connect to my home network, but the safari will not work, says"not subscribed to edge" i pay 19.99 for a data package with tmobile and it still does not work. Any advice????????????????????

have you guys tried going to the Settings app and going to General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings? this is what worked for everyone that's had this problem and tried it

Guides:
Old 05-31-2008, 10:04 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
have you guys tried going to the Settings app and going to General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings? this is what worked for everyone that's had this problem and tried it

Doesn't work for me...

1.1.4 jb and unlocked on an old AT&T plan with data plan (i do use my phone with another company overseas)
Old 06-04-2008, 11:25 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Hi guys, i have been using my 8gig, jailbroken iphone, fmw 1.1.4 for several months now and it worked great.. until today.. out of the blue, the edge icon disappeared, dunno why, just did, and (i use summerboard, using blackjaindim...) the weather icon, stopped displaing itself as it shoul being in the blackjaindim mode, and it went back to being the regular "sun icon" that the phone originally has showed up... So what i did was, i first changed the international settings back to region format USA (instead of australia which a friend of mine changed a day before...) tured it off and on.. and the weather icon was back to normal... but STILL NO EDGE ICON OR EDGE ON MY PHONE... i called my phone service provider (CLARO, Guatemala..) and my service is up on their computer.. so its a problem on my phone...

ALLREADY tried to reset the network settings and NOTHING happend.. when i go i the BOSSPREFFS i get edge (supposittly on...) but there is a "(N/A)" showing next to it....

PLEASE HELP ME, i dont want to restore my phone again!!! to mani apps installed, fixed all the glitches and have no clue how to get edge back...
IM not a programer, so if you could help me out with a simple procedure i would appreciate it...
many thanks.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > Windows Specific Modding Discussion