Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Stay away from Cydia!

• 08-05-2008 | 04:40 PM
  • organik Posts: 88
  • No, Cydia doesn't suck, but a couple bugs it has certainly suck big time. I actually like Cydia, but see my posts above, and others who've had the same experience as me.

I want Cydia to be as awesome as it should be, but it keeps crashing my phone!
  • 08-05-2008 | 05:03 PM
  • Zwayne's Avatar Zwayne Posts: 390
  • I haven't had any problems with Cydia.
  • 08-05-2008 | 05:28 PM
  • bklynjava's Avatar bklynjava Posts: 192
  • Quote de organik
    No, Cydia doesn't suck, but a couple bugs it has certainly suck big time. I actually like Cydia, but see my posts above, and others who've had the same experience as me.

I want Cydia to be as awesome as it should be, but it keeps crashing my phone!
    If this is the case then your thread title should say "Please help with cydia" - not "Stay away from cydia" or something more descriptive to your issue.
  • 08-05-2008 | 06:35 PM
  • Eyevanovich Posts: 20
  • I have had this problem so many F***ing times. Yet I never learn my lesson and always restore install everything all over again and have it crash a day later. I don't think it's Cydia's fault though. I think the combination of having App Store apps and Cydia apps installed is what F***s everything up. I am through with this s***. Frustration continues.

A question for all of the people not having problems: How many apps from the App Store do you have installed and have you tried to install programs off of Cydia while the are on your phone? Let me know please.
  • 08-05-2008 | 06:52 PM
  • jayteez Posts: 51
  • Cydia sucks balls..period..when everybody was on 1.1.4, who used cydia? i know i didnt.
  • 08-05-2008 | 07:21 PM
  • CyberGreg's Avatar CyberGreg Posts: 1,036
  • Quote de jayteez
    Cydia sucks balls..period..when everybody was on 1.1.4, who used cydia? i know i didnt.
    Hmm, now there's a productive comment. Let's leave your mother out of this for the moment...

Cydia works fine on all three of my devices, never a problem. WinterBoard, so far, has proved itself 100 times more stable than SummerBoard ever was and I know that's true because I just said it.
  • 08-05-2008 | 07:31 PM
  • jayteez Posts: 51
  • Quote de CyberGreg
    Hmm, now there's a productive comment. Let's leave your mother out of this for the moment...

Cydia works fine on all three of my devices, never a problem. WinterBoard, so far, has proved itself 100 times more stable than SummerBoard ever was and I know that's true because I just said it.

stfu retard.. if i wanted the opinion from an azzhole, i would have farted. nobody gives a flying fat fukk what you think.
  • 08-05-2008 | 08:41 PM
  • bhz1's Avatar bhz1 Posts: 677
  • I've been using Cydia on 1.1.4 for months. I personally prefer it but a couple of apps I like are still py on Installer so I use that as well.
    Some like Cydia, some don't. Its a preference. Don't show your ignorance telling off folks who know more than you do just because you did not get the answer you wanted.
  • 08-05-2008 | 11:19 PM
  • bam86 Posts: 21
  • using cydia, no issues, got app store programs and cydia dist apps, must be user error.....

just an fyi, calling someone names just shows lack of maturity and intelligence
  • 08-05-2008 | 11:27 PM
  • 808mp5's Avatar 808mp5 Posts: 199
  • The title should be "Keep Cydia Away From organik"
    it works fine to me... well ya it also says that its still a little buggy and is expected...
  • 08-06-2008 | 04:02 AM
  • tommybiro Posts: 18
  • Hello

I had the same problem. Several times after I installed an app via cydia, the installation was was complete, I went back to cydia and the iPhone stopped to work. Reboot and the same problem the system wont run any more and I have to do a reinstall.

Now I went to 2.0.1 and will wait for a more stable system/cydia/installer.

Regards, Tommy
  • 08-06-2008 | 04:15 AM
  • iThinkpad Posts: 8
  • Guys I use Cydia since day 1 and I never had a problem with it - Cydia rocks big time!
  • 08-06-2008 | 05:29 AM
  • Ransom202 Posts: 11
  • working good for me
  • 08-06-2008 | 05:54 AM
  • thixtythix Posts: 48
  • dont blame cydia shes easily offended and loves vengence .... DONT SPOIL IT FOR THE REST OF US!!!
  • 08-06-2008 | 06:11 AM
  • danvicente Posts: 174
  • i had the same problem where you see the progress wheel next to ur service icon and it just keeps spinning after you install something... The apps this happened to me on were openSSH and quake, although after i had to restore i got them the 2nd time.. Its weird because i would let me click around within cydia but i couldnt exit (even if i held down the home button) anyways im not bashing cydia i know this is a new version and some bugs have to be fixed, but i am in the same boat as you but i like cydia :-p
Return to Top