HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion > Cydia Support
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cydia Support For issues, discussion and support concerning Cydia.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Green Apple

Cydia app install freezes - please help!

I have been forced to restore numerous times due to Cydia. Install app, iPhone freeze, prog. wheel freeze, I wait A LONG TIME....10+ minutes. Still frozen. Force reboot. Stuck on Apple logo....forever. Time to restore, again.

PLEASE Saurik, what is happening! Fix this please!

Seems to happen at random times, installing pretty much anything.

Last edited by organik; 08-05-2008 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Clarify my point.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:57 AM
What's Jailbreak?

never happend with me.. what were you installing
Old 08-05-2008, 04:02 AM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: 3G 2.0.1
Operating System: XP

Saurik, keep cydia away from organik!

1000s if people are using it without a problem. So in this case I'm calling user error.

Also, thread title is pathetic.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:
kadinh (08-05-2008), kcrmson (08-05-2008), keyinferno ii (08-26-2008), kojirovn (08-07-2008), Mourgne (08-18-2008), Napoleon_PhoneApart (08-05-2008), Wongster360 (08-05-2008)
Old 08-05-2008, 04:06 AM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1st Gen 2.0
Operating System: Mac 10.4.11

I have been using since it came out and no problems. It is a good program.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:25 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2g v2.0
Operating System: Win XP and Mac osX

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Saurik, keep cydia away from organik!

1000s if people are using it without a problem. So in this case I'm calling user error.

Also, thread title is pathetic.
indeed...I haven't had any problems with Cydia or anything installed with Cydia

1st Gen iPhone Pwned v2.0
Old 08-05-2008, 04:27 AM
Green Apple

wylin?
Old 08-05-2008, 05:02 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0 (jailbroken+pwnage)
Operating System: Leopard 10.5 + Win XP
Send a message via MSN to truongvinht

I already know why it needs to much time too boot/load. If you try to install Apps over Cydia on a restored iPhone, you wont get those problems. I ve already tried it out. It freeze, if you ve already installed many Apps from Appstore, before you install over Cydia. Thats the weak Point of the firmware 2.0. I think the next update will resolve this Problem.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:29 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 2.0 Jailbreak PWNED
Operating System: Xp

amazing how people automaticly blame cydia
Old 08-05-2008, 06:39 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 8GB Gen1 iPhone / FW: 2.0
Operating System: WinXP SP3 / Mac OSX 10.4/10.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremeiphone View Post
amazing how people automaticly blame cydia
lol. omg i've been doing things to my phone which i shouldn't be doing, probably don't have the technical chops to do it, but apps like this make it so easy. wait something isn't right. must be the apps fault.

guess it was too much dissonace to reduce to simply admit that he did something wrong.

in any event.. lets help here.

so OP, what firmware are you using?
is this happening when you jailbreak?
what tool to jailbreak?
could it possibly be your settings for jailbreaking?

if you could answer these helpful questions, i'm sure an answer is right around to corner. if not, then you can continue to place blame on app that works for tons of other folks. additionally, whether it is truely cydia's fault or not, its really juvenile to expect the developer of some open source, free app, to cater to your whims simply bc you couldn't get it working (even though tons of others have).
Old 08-05-2008, 09:52 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0 Unlocked
Operating System: Windows Vista

Unfortunately, I've been having the same issue as organik. I have unlocked/jailbroken iphone , Gen1. I have several apps from appstore and had NES, Mxtube installed as well. These installed with no problems, then I upgraded Cydia to the latest release, worked fine. On Sat I tried to install BossPrefs, phone froze up, tried Home, tried to restart, nothing, waited 10-15 min, still frozen, I had to restore. After restoring, I tried to install NES, that was fine, then Mxtube, but icon did not appear. I rebooted phone, and it got stuck on the apple logo. Restored again, installed NES, no icon, rebooted, frozen on apple logo. Restored again, tried to upgrade Cydia only this time, no NES/mxtube, that went fine, then when I reopened cydia, reorganizing message came up, phone froze, waited 20 min, nothing, tried Home, reboot, nothing worked, had to restore again. I've tried searching to see if something is going on with Cydia, but not too many people are having trouble, so figured I am doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out. As you can see this is only my second post, as I try to search and find answers on my own, but I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong this time. Can someone please give me some advice on what to do, should I not install any official apps after restoring, first install cydia apps then official apps? Thanks!!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:16 AM

Device + Firmware: 3G iPhone, FW2.01
Operating System: OSX Leopard
Send a message via Yahoo to Eurisko

Coincidentally, this just happened to me 10 minutes ago while un-installing Winterboard.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Green Apple

I apologize if I have offended anyone for whom Cydia is working great, and I do appreciate the developer's efforts on it.

That said, I am certainly NOT alone in this predicament, and please don't assume because it works fine for you that it's not a Cydia problem.

Could it have anything to do with using passwd to change the default? Just a thought.

Oh, and my jailbreak settings are essentially the default pwnage settings except for stock boot and restore logos.

Also most of the times this has happened was when I've had 20+ apps installed (I've never had more than 30 installed). I was installing a winterboard update last time, but has happened with pretty much any app. First the menu bar progress wheel spins forever, then the main screen progress wheel spins forever, then they both lock.....and the phone stays that way for at least 20 minutes, I haven't waited longer than that to force restart, should I? Then, upon force restart, stuck at Apple logo.

Also, I would not be complaining if this happened once or twice, but it has happened AT LEAST 10 or 15 times, with different apps. Tried a few different .ipsws as well. Oh, thanks for assuming I did something wrong...cracks me up. I've had a first gen since the 3rd day they were out, now the 3G, i've been jailbroken since the beginning and never had these problems before, so I know what i'm doing.

Last edited by organik; 08-05-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0 Unlocked
Operating System: Windows Vista

Ok, so I tried to install NES again, and this time I left it alone, I got the spinning wheel for 15 min. I was not able to restart the phone. I restored again, this time I did not install any of my appstore apps. I then installed NES and Mxtube, I had to restart phone after each install and then was able to update Cydia. So far everything is working okay.

I am going to install my other apps, but I am worried about what will happen if I try to install anything else from Cydia. Will my iphone freeze up again? I really want to try winterboard but I think I wll hold off for now.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:27 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Cydia sucks? Are you high?
Old 08-05-2008, 02:52 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 2.5G iPhone 2.0.2, 3G 2.0.2
Operating System: OS X 10.5.4 Intel

After each WinterBoard update I've rebooted my phone. I haven't had issues doing it that way, but one of the previous times I updated and didn't reboot, my AppStore apps wouldn't run and my video and music content wouldn't show. Wouldn't work through further reboots of the device or even regular syncing. So I removed all AppStore apps, my videos and my music. Sync'd just to be sure those were on longer on, then put them back on. Everything's been working since then and whenever a WinterBoard update shows, I apply it then reboot my phone. Far as I know, the patched SpringBoard you operate from thanks to WinterBoard is happier with a full restart rather than a respring (though that IS just killing the process and reloading it) seems most effective.
zap1027 (08-05-2008)

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion > Cydia Support