HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > File Mods
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File Mods Discussion on possible mods to files on the iphone to accomplish different goals.

Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 09:56 AM
What's Jailbreak?

iPhone Stuck at apple logo

I followed the instruction on how to stop the Scrolling on the carrier name from the website i.unlock.no
This requred me to hex edit a file called Springboard found in /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/

It was only to change the font size of the file but now the iphone just stays in the apple logo screen. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Or can anyone send me the Springboard file from their phone? I would lreally appreciate the help. Thanks.
If someone decides to send the file please send it to maddkiddo@yahoo.com, and no, restoring is not an option.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Green Apple

sorry dude, no way out of this one except a full restore. if you want to stop the scroll just copy the files here and replace yours rather than editing it yourself with hexeditor. becareful that you choose the correct file for your firmware version or youll end back where you started.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:21 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Same problem here... i did the same thing. i backed up my original springboard file but replacing the new modded one with the original didnt do anything. still stuck at Boot screen.. but the phone is booting up.. because i can access things via ibrickr etc.. it just not loading the springboard. so maybe there is a solution to fix this. ill see what i can find before restoring.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:45 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 - unlocked
Operating System: Mac OSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsyt View Post
sorry dude, no way out of this one except a full restore. if you want to stop the scroll just copy the files here and replace yours rather than editing it yourself with hexeditor. becareful that you choose the correct file for your firmware version or youll end back where you started.
You don't need to do a full restore, you simply have to copy your original springboard binary back to your Springboard.app

The reason you're stuck at the Apple icon is because springboard can't run, and if it can't run, nothing else can occur. You will note that even though you're stuck at the apple icon, you can still SSH into your phone or iBrickr into it to correct the problem.
aaliyahdani2005 (12-02-2007)
Old 11-27-2007, 03:28 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

---it mentioned for those who touched springboard, edit it---
Warning: Don't patch springboard with iBrickr or iPhoneBrowser or anything else that can't make sure its permissions are set to 0755. This has been locking people out of their springboard. Use an SSH client instead and insure that the new springboard file has 0755 permissions before disconnecting.

NO NEED TO RESTORE if u stuck on apple logo (coz u hexedit/patched ur SPRINGBOARD file here ---> System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard)

what i did:
i use winscp and make sure that the springboard file i put has 0755 permission. in ur winscp rightclick the springboard file and make sure it has 0755 permissions...thats it ! REBOOT and welcomeback springboard

Last edited by theone77; 11-27-2007 at 03:40 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:
cruel0r (04-06-2008), HUMVEE (11-28-2007)
Old 11-28-2007, 03:03 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3 unlocked
Operating System: Windows (XP/Vista)

too bad i didn't see this topic a couple of days ago

i restored back to 1.1.1 and unlocked it all by myself again.
it went perfectly smooth but of course it would have been better if
i just had done what's described here
Old 11-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Green Apple

@theone77 : Nice Method theone77 ......Very Good...
Old 11-28-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMVEE View Post
@theone77 : Nice Method theone77 ......Very Good...
dont forget the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:
HUMVEE (11-29-2007)
Old 11-28-2007, 11:41 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I am having the same problem with being stuck at the apple logo, but it started all on its own when I rebooted because of a program locking up. I have winscp, but I cant access what the hostname would be for the phone because its stuck on the logo, and I dont even know if im connected to a wifi network. Ive tried to enter restore mode and that doesnt even work, the only thing that works is turning it off by holding both the power and home buttons. Does anyone have any help? This is my only phone so its quite important I get it at least functional soon.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I got restore mode working, and I'm restoring down to 1.1.1 and jailbreaking all over again. From what I have read on these forums, I believe it may have been an issue with 3rd party sources, but I'm not sure. Thanks anyway!

Last edited by Zachs23; 11-28-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone77 View Post
dont forget the thanks button
Thanks Button it's done for You Brother......

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone77 View Post
---it mentioned for those who touched springboard, edit it---
Warning: Don't patch springboard with iBrickr or iPhoneBrowser or anything else that can't make sure its permissions are set to 0755. This has been locking people out of their springboard. Use an SSH client instead and insure that the new springboard file has 0755 permissions before disconnecting.

NO NEED TO RESTORE if u stuck on apple logo (coz u hexedit/patched ur SPRINGBOARD file here ---> System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard)

what i did:
i use winscp and make sure that the springboard file i put has 0755 permission. in ur winscp rightclick the springboard file and make sure it has 0755 permissions...thats it ! REBOOT and welcomeback springboard
Mods Must be sticky this method is easy to use for everyone iPhone-ers user...

Last edited by HUMVEE; 11-29-2007 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to HUMVEE For This Useful Post:
theone77 (11-30-2007)
Old 11-30-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMVEE View Post
Thanks Button it's done for You Brother......

Mods Must be sticky this method is easy to use for everyone iPhone-ers user...
no need but THANKS for this

Apple iPhoNe ZIPHONE Jaibreaked/Unlocked 1.1.4 week 44
SUMMERBOARD and CUSTOMIZE working FLAWLESSLY.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:10 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Hey how did you reach restore mode. I am having the same problem when i try to hold the home and power button all it does it keep popping up the apple logo screen. I have held the buttons down for a while and my computer does not recognize the iphone even being connected. Please advise me, I am sooooo lost.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 AM
What's Jailbreak?

my problem is now that it wont boot past apple screen, itunes and pc detect it and thats fine but my springboard is already set to 755 and it still doesnt boot past. Iphone is unlocked so I don't want to take it to a restore because I fear it could make things worse.
any ideas?
Old 02-07-2008, 01:40 PM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 Unlocked

me too, unlocked 1.1.1 phone stuck on logo and springboard is already set to 0755. I was trying to install summerboard manually and this happened does it have anything to do with the springboard.plist

** hmm nevermind, restoring back to 1.1.1 and then activating it fixed the problem

Last edited by invu; 02-07-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: problem resolved
Old 02-13-2008, 05:15 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Send a message via AIM to xiethan
what works:

Here's a little trick when you're stuck on the Apple Logo:

1. Turn your computer volume up.
2. Open iTunes.
3. Hold down power/home until the Apple Logo disappears and then reappears (restarts iPhone).
4. Keep holding the home button until you hear the noise telling you its connected. It might immediately play the noise that says its disconnected, if it does, wait until the connected noise plays: the let the home button go.
5. iTunes will say it's in restore mode.

- Now you can split two ways -

6a. I rebooted from recovery mode with iBrickr. This may not work for you, as I wasn't modding anything at the time of the 'brick'.
6b. You can restore with iTunes to 1.1.1 or 1.1.3 (I recommend 1.1.3 then use ziPhone).

Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xiethan For This Useful Post:
cruel0r (04-06-2008), rey_piloto (03-14-2008)

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > File Mods