HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > File Mods
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File Mods Discussion on possible mods to files on the iphone to accomplish different goals.

Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08 | Discuss AppStore Apps!

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 03:16 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP Media Center x86
Send a message via AIM to movalwebmaster Send a message via MSN to movalwebmaster Send a message via Yahoo to movalwebmaster
pulling the trigger-iphone virus?

thats what im about to do, ive been going round and round with this dam iphone and about had it-bout to make it a real brick

after that freakin update with spicy and rc1 screwing up my iphone things havent been the same

first mail and smsd wont work

found solution for smsd today, but mail still failing to work

then i noticed my iphone getting warm and the battery dying way to fast

used sysinfo to check process's and to my luck i keep finding extra services in there that wont kill, all i get is "alert -failed"

few of the process's are:

sh id:6065 u:root p:/var/root s:/bin/sh
sshd id:6065 u:root p:/var/root s:/bin/sh
cron id:19 u:root p:/var/root s:/bin/sh

and another mdnsresponder that randomly pops up and goes away, i know this process is for the phone to operate but theres another one that comes up also with some weird letters at the responder part, which leads me to think i got a bad bug

also when i try and make a call i get a notification telling me i cannot use edge data during a call-but last time i checked i wasnt on the net and i have nothing that would be on it, i checked and double checked so this is only adding to the suspicion theres a bad source/program

the system still works but just literally lags, and only recently started doing this after i did a system restore and installed everything like i had before besides spicys update....except i did install that mobile bar, which im thinking might have had something to do with it, not sure :P

biggest problem is i cant kill those process's and i dont know how to remove them, do i have to do another freakin system restore just to TRY and make things work or anyone else got a clue whats going on
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4 winpwned
Operating System: windows XP
Send a message via AIM to iceman600 Send a message via Yahoo to iceman600 Send a message via Skype? to iceman600

i think you really need a fresh restore... if you said that this was just after you restore then maybe it was just a bad restore or something. try to restore again and when tunes ask to restore backup, dont!
need iphone help?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:02 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: 8GB iPhone - 1.1.4
Operating System: OS X 10.5.3 | Win XP
Send a message via MSN to MattMac Send a message via Yahoo to MattMac Send a message via Skype? to MattMac

Umm, restore again like ice man said, and don't restore backup...
Then only install apps the first time you need them or know are safe.

If you could could you please post all the apps you have installed in Insaller and anything else you have transferred to your phone. Will help us understand all of this.
I'm tipping this isn't because of Spicy's updates... He's a very trusted dev...

Thanks button there  Search at the topDonation here xD
The Following User Says Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:
msboy2011 (06-21-2008)
Old 06-16-2008, 04:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to movalwebmaster Send a message via MSN to movalwebmaster Send a message via Yahoo to movalwebmaster

alright im on my laptop right now and bout to hit the sac, ill do that first thing in the morning and let you all know what happens

:P

(i know everyone says dont use ziphone but thats what i have and thats what ive used since last year, dont think this would have been the problem, are iliberty and other programs just as easy to use......really didnt read about them as i already had a hack source, but thinking of changing if its just as easy as ziphone :P )

oh and btw yes spicy is very good at what he does, however when he released rc1 i updated to it first thing in the morning when it first came out and turned on freeboard and 5 icon dock, had wifi off and ssh off......and guess what, system locked up and only way to fix was to ssh into phone and fix a couple lines of code....so hes still good, he just wasnt expecting to hear of sucha lame scenario

lol

i have alot of apps installed but i will deffinately list them all, these are the current apps on the phone after restore:

*games:
4 balls
amaze
cubicman
dactyl
fivedice
garf
gemlogic
iblackjack working
iSlots
isolitaire
labyrinth
lightsoff
mines
mobiletetrominos
nes
othello
parkinglot
parking pack 3(for parking lot)
pool
puzzlemaniak
raging thunder
tetris(because mobile tet wont work)
thtouch

*misc:
zipcodes

*multi media:
iphone video recorder
mirrorscope
mxtube

*network:
apollo
colloQ
iSlsk
smsd

*productivity:
file browser

*sources:
bigboss beta/exper.
bigboss recommen.
community sources

*system:
bsd subsystem
installer
openssh
summerboard
term-vt100

*toys:
led banner

*teaks 1.1.4:
SUID Lib Fix

*Utilities:
banner
bossprefs
bossprefs safari d/l
customize
sysinfo
taskbar notifier

and thats all that i have on there currently, the only other system changes i made were other.artwork.....replaced it with my xp theme i created-i know it works fine and is not causing the problem

and moved the application dir from / to private/var/mobile/apps (using correct sylinking and etc....otherwise no program would work...lol)

hope this helps, any other info needed just ask :P

Last edited by movalwebmaster; 06-16-2008 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-16-2008, 06:25 AM

garf did that to my battery, they say that problem was fixed but i tried it again and it did the same thing so i dunno could be worth a shot... another thing that helps is when you done using an app hold the home button until it escapes the app this keeps the app from still running in the background (just what i've heard)
Old 06-16-2008, 08:00 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone (8GB) 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP

try not downloading so many things... hm?
service: at&t
unlocked & jailbroken!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to MattMac Send a message via Yahoo to MattMac Send a message via Skype? to MattMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphiusrt View Post
garf did that to my battery, they say that problem was fixed but i tried it again and it did the same thing so i dunno could be worth a shot... another thing that helps is when you done using an app hold the home button until it escapes the app this keeps the app from still running in the background (just what i've heard)
Umm not quite what's going on... He has rouge processes that appear to be running when they shouldn't be... Nothing to do with applications staying open.
-I still think a quick restore and don't restore your back up should fix your problem there. Then use iLiberty to Jailbreak & etc.

I'm with killroy007, you may just have WAY to many apps. Have you move all your apps to the second partition? I noticed that before I moved mine I appeared to loose performance and the phone would heat up more even when in stand-by because of the extra resources needed to run the springboard alone.
-So once you have done your restore, install Cydia (apptapp.saurik.com -> make sure its from the source given and not a payload!) and it will automatically move your apps to the larger partition, allowing for more processing room. And only install app as you need then or use them.

Good luck

Last edited by MattMac; 06-16-2008 at 08:22 AM.
msboy2011 (06-21-2008)
Old 06-16-2008, 09:39 AM

well its morning time for me, :P

wow glad to get some responses, but just gotta say, thats not as many apps as i had once before, before the screw up i had a hella lot more, so i know its not the apps that i was using before

but when i just restored, i did add a few new things, like mobile bard, new skin for notes, and i think one other thing, thats why i was suspecting sucha flaw

most of the apps listed you can see what they are for, its like standard stuff, like sysinfo, bossprefs, video recorder, etc......although i may have a few to many games, lol, but never heard that about garf, i wont install it this time just to see if theres any difference

also going to use iliberty for the first time, you guys have saved another iphone user :P

ill post back progress as it unfolds in the next few hours
Old 06-17-2008, 08:45 AM

So how did it go?

msboy2011 (06-21-2008)
Old 06-17-2008, 11:15 AM

I JUST WANNA GIVE YOU ALL A HUG, lol......sorry i didnt write back sooner i went hiking yesterday :P

but anyways, all went well, i used iliberty to crack the phone and synced my contacts and now good to go.

but before all that i did do a restore and tried to restore the phone back to th way it was, and i guess its a bad copy because got the same error when it came to my mail, but the phone didnt lag.....so i did a full system restore twice :P

so instead of restoring the whole phone, i just did contacts and ill do everything else by hand(mail, move apps cir....etc)

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > File Mods