HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPHONE > File Mods
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File Mods Discussion on possible mods to files on the iphone to accomplish different goals.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win
View Poll Results: Do you wish you had fully working bluetooth and do you think my theory will work?
Yeah, I miss bluetooth. I think this could work! 212 83.79%
Bluetooth was great, but your theory will never work... 14 5.53%
I don't care for bluetooth much, but this might just work... 7 2.77%
Nah, I hate bluetooth. Couldn't care less what you think! 2 0.79%
This is a good theory, I'm willing to try and make it happen. =] 18 7.11%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Developer

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8gb BL 3.9 (FW 2.0 Beta)
Operating System: Windows XP SP2, OS X Leopard 10.5.2, Ubuntu 7.10, Windows Vista
Send a message via AIM to m3thodandr3d

I highly doubt you will see this feature added. For us to utilize all 25 profiles we would need to actually edit the firmware to do so. If it were that easy we would have already developed such an app to do so
Old 04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Send a message via MSN to rohit_baba

even if some one was to make thi profiles, the fact that every one forgate is that, iphone's disk is incrypted.

when you try to anything with it, it will not allow you. As it stands there is no disk support other then, putting things in phone via itune.

So firstly

bluetooth soft will need to be done in such a way that some space of 8/16gb become available for file transfer and then may be its possile.

as an example the safari does not download anything, which uses same rule. the phone does not allow it.

correct me if i am wrong

thanks
Old 04-02-2008, 06:35 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: IPhone/4GB,8GB,16GB/1.1.3/4/Unlocked
Operating System: OSX Leopard
Send a message via MSN to heath_rox

i thourght i couldn't live without it especially at my school but hey i just say "how bout u email it 2 me "

Iphone-1.1.3-04.03.13g-everything working-telstra
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:54 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: 8GB iPhone - 1.1.4
Operating System: OS X Leopard | Win XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
I highly doubt you will see this feature added. For us to utilize all 25 profiles we would need to actually edit the firmware to do so. If it were that easy we would have already developed such an app to do so
Well what if we started off with a few and see where it took us then?
I mean we all probably don't need all 25 profiles...
I know the firmware is encrypted... but can't it be decrypted?
And as for the application, SwirlyMMS uses the second part of the disk along with many other apps. I'm sure this one could too and have a size check for when sending files.

8Gb iPhone -> 1.1.4 Pwned & BootNeutered
2.2 GHz MacBook -> OS X Leopard & Windows XP (BootCamp)
Old 04-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Developer

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 BL3.9 (4.4.05)
Operating System: M$ Win
Send a message via MSN to wahkiz

the iphone pwnage project enables us to build custom ipsw packages, which could enable us to embed these profiles. and even pwnage does not exist, there is always good ol' ssh that has access to root as well. so i don't see why excuses such as "cannot access the firmware" or "encrypted" can explain why bluetooth profiles are not possible.

the only problem now is to figure out where apple put these profiles, and are these profiles different for every phones.

iPark 0.1 | iDope BETA | wk iPhone Apps | wkLive service
Old 04-03-2008, 07:40 PM
iPhoneaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahkiz View Post
the iphone pwnage project enables us to build custom ipsw packages, which could enable us to embed these profiles. and even pwnage does not exist, there is always good ol' ssh that has access to root as well. so i don't see why excuses such as "cannot access the firmware" or "encrypted" can explain why bluetooth profiles are not possible.

the only problem now is to figure out where apple put these profiles, and are these profiles different for every phones.
That's the answer I'm looking for. But the thing is I don't know where to look.
Wahkiz, do you think you can help us out on this one and have a look around and try and find them. Would be great!

Matt

Old 04-05-2008, 04:43 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

i did some research and found out the pwnage actually decrypts the firmware making it remotely possible... as for finding correct profiles, where to put them, how to utilize them, and making a nice gui to use it all im not so sure... thats a big project... and u would not be able to send songs that are mp3 do the the fact that itunes makes the m4p or something like that which is encrypted... its like if i go into my itunes folder and send to u a song when opened in itunes it will ask u for my itunes password... also just converting that encrypted format wont work because for some reason it plays no sound... to give u a start the encryption is called DRM... there are pc and mac programs out there that decrypt them and re-encrypt them and that would be needed to be ported to the iphone as well... my bottom line is in my mind it is possible but not worth the effort with ssh available... it is possible but its not gonna be me compiling it... good luck i will try and do some more helpful research...

feel free to email, pm or im me for info or help

Last edited by cscho0415 : 04-05-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-05-2008, 11:30 PM
iPhoneaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscho0415 View Post
i did some research and found out the pwnage actually decrypts the firmware making it remotely possible... as for finding correct profiles, where to put them, how to utilize them, and making a nice gui to use it all im not so sure... thats a big project... and u would not be able to send songs that are mp3 do the the fact that itunes makes the m4p or something like that which is encrypted... its like if i go into my itunes folder and send to u a song when opened in itunes it will ask u for my itunes password... also just converting that encrypted format wont work because for some reason it plays no sound... to give u a start the encryption is called DRM... there are pc and mac programs out there that decrypt them and re-encrypt them and that would be needed to be ported to the iphone as well... my bottom line is in my mind it is possible but not worth the effort with ssh available... it is possible but its not gonna be me compiling it... good luck i will try and do some more helpful research...

feel free to email, pm or im me for info or help
Thats very usful. Thanks. But if you bought your music from iTunes then yeah, it's encrypted but not the mp3 that you rip or might download of say limewire... It would be had to make music transferred be added to your iPod, but it might be possible. At the momoent all I'm interested in is if it is possible, and anyone to volunteer to help research and begin working on our found information. I would like to find out more about where the profiles are located in the firmware, where you can get other profiles and weather or not they would have to be converted for the finware. The development of the UI and embedding the profiles would be last.

Can you give me links to your source?
Thanks heaps for you input man.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:04 AM

i dont have 1 given source... i just know alot of this stuff from old research ive done... and some i found from other forums and google sites... its all correct i think...

please pm me for any further quetions or asks for help... im happy to

Last edited by cscho0415 : 04-06-2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Green Apple

i miss bluetooth.
i want it back..
ima cry.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:33 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3
Operating System: Mac OS X Leopard

is there a bluetooth profile that could make your iPhone connect to your computer as if it were a USB device? thus making it possible to sync with iTunes via bluetooth.... I mean, just think of the possibilities, I don't understand why people are overlooking the fact that we NEED bluetooth... also I could probably put $50 down towards this cause
Old 04-07-2008, 02:53 PM

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4 Jailbroken (not unlocked)
Operating System: Windows XP

id like to see it back but it wouldnt hurt me to not have it on my phone..
Old 04-07-2008, 07:20 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Bluetooth Needs attention toooo

Bluetooth has been neglected, main profile would be the a2dp for wireless stereo music (with out an adapter), such a 'high tech' phone that has to use cables to listen to music, blah.

But this really shouldnt be pushed onto the DEV's this is something APPLE needs to FIX.

Unless they are holding out and will include it in the next 'big' release which may have better security to try to deture people from jailbreaking/unlocking who knows. Apple isnt dumb they know what they are doing, they just dont care how the customers feel about their actions.

So how about it apple, fix the lack of features your phone has, dont release updates just for the sake of blocking someones work (Jailbreak/Apps), make an update that would make the phone more useful/Functional.

iPhone - Jailbreak = Crappy paper wieght that you can make calls with

Take control of your product, you(APPLE) should be the ones offering/providing what we want, not us taking control of what we own and turning it into what we expected.

Its sad that i had the phone for 5 minutes before it was jailbroken, just because the iphone sucks without the dedication of the DEV team and everyone else in this community. If apple were the only ones supporting the iphone(and thank god they are not), i wouldnt own one, i wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

Lack of software capable features:
-More Bluetooth Profiles***********
-Copy Paste (Even the M8 is going to have this)
-MMS (send and recieve, i dont use it, but it bothers knowing its not there)
-Video Recording*****
-Voice Dialing
-Demo Games (teaser?)
-Springboard customization (background picture, Hide/show/change icons)
-Theme Selector (at least from 2 different from factory)
-Alpha Numeric Passcode / For restore as well (dont forget your password)
-Take advantage of multi-touch (two finger double click or something)
-FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH
-Option to disable accelerametor sometimes gets annoying in safari
-Unread SMS/Email and Missed Call Notification (vibration / sound)
-Notes Sync with itunes
-Force Connect to paired Bluetooth Devices****
-Internet via USB cable
-Toggle in settings main page for Bluetooh and Wifi and even Edge under or over VPN toggle

im sure there are more ideas just cant think of anymore. Anyways bluetooth yea how about we give it the love and attention it needs
Old 04-07-2008, 08:20 PM

no offense, but there a plenty apple bashing threads, we are trying to do something constructive here

i dont see that sending songs would be an issue seeing as sendsong works between iphones flawlessly, recognising track names etc etc.

it is also not just sending songs and pictures or using wireless headphones etc, imagine being able to connect to a bluetooth gps reciever and having proper gps rather than locate me.

this would open up the possibilities of a proper iphone gps application = surefire money for a developer!

so with the release of pwnage am i right in understanding that the firmware CAN be re-written to include the relevant bluetooth profiles?

also, why do you think apple installed (hardware wise) a fully capable bluetooth chip as opposed to a limited one that would have surely been cheaper to use?

Last edited by reeko : 04-07-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:36 AM
iPhoneaholic

I completely agree with reeko. Were not here to bag apple. They have created a truly amazing phone, it just lacks some features. I'm sure they are addressing these situations appropriately, things like flash and copy and paste will soon be included in a firmware release. But till then, why do you think we jailbreak our phones...

So we can use the full power of them! If App Store was open source, if missing features were added, if the phone baseband came unlocked and if our restrictions were massively less then I'm sure that jailbreaking would fade away... There would be no need.

Any dev to look into this and start creating a way to let us use bluetooth would be sitting on a gold mine. I would pay a small fee to use the program (not $40 like caterpillar) and i would also donate...

Pwnage has opened up a whole new erra for us all. The firmware can be eddited and would shurly make this taks easier. I mean think about wirless sync, bluetooth speekers, internet without the need for tethering, and so much more... And the creator would bring in the profits...

I highly doubt Apple will take full control of the bluetooth features, so why dont we.

Please devs, look in to this bluetooth issue. Just finding the profiles would be an amazing acheivement...

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPHONE > File Mods