HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion SDK questions. A place for iPhone developers to post code snippets, discuss creating iPhone apps, and any other iPhone developing.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 09:21 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: 8GB iPhone - 2.0
Operating System: OS X 10.5.4 | Win XP
Send a message via MSN to MattMac Send a message via Yahoo to MattMac Send a message via Skype? to MattMac
PROJECT: iPhone Bluetooth!

The iPhone Bluetooth Project

Click the image to open in full size.

[size="3"]I have decided to start a project to try and develop a better Bluetooth system for the iPhone.
It began with this thread: BLUETOOTH: I think it's time for action...

The aim is to try and have missing, commonly-used Bluetooth added to the iPhone firmware and develop a Bluetooth controller app to handle these additional profile...

Yes I, and other team members understand that the task will be extremely hard, but we think that if pushed, we can get results!

We are currently putting a team together to begin this project and are looking for Dev's and other team members to help start off the development.

Currently the team consists of: (They will soon be split into ranks at performance. )
  1. MattMac
  2. cscho0415
  3. luiz
  4. Stealth
  5. skram
  6. shadowck5000
  7. Nickh
  8. netuser

If you would like to be a part of our team, PM me, or add our IRC chanel on irc.moofspeak.net at #BluetoothProject. All interest is greatly appreciated, but must be active member to remain part of the team, else your position will be given to someone more deserved.

Please, join our team and together we can create a better iPhone experience for all!

Thanks button there  Search at the topDonation here xD

Last edited by MattMac; 08-07-2008 at 05:41 AM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:
cscho0415 (08-05-2008), jbeam333 (08-31-2008), tahazahoor@hotmail.com (08-06-2008)
Old 08-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0 JB
Operating System: Vista
Send a message via AIM to shadowck5000

FINALLY
Apple what gives you make the best phone ever seen, but ignore blue tooth? I want to join but I only have a Windows PC and hope to get a Mac soon. My programming knowledge is that of a Second graders Math. So if ya need a tester that does not care if it breaks the phone ill do it.

Need more help? feel free to PM me. .Want iPhone's bluetooth to do more? Visit Click the image to open in full size. To help make it happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowck5000 For This Useful Post:
ipodtouchpro (08-31-2008)
Old 08-05-2008, 11:08 PM

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3G
Operating System: Windows XP

same here....I'll buy another one. Bring it on I'm your bit$h.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:30 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

hey guys... please if you are just saying "i would love to see file transfer on iPhone" crap then say it here BLUETOOTH: I think it's time for action... cause its still nice to see... just not here... development only here
and also people who want to help also may speak here...

tomorrow i will be on irc when i can

also matt the slogan "Please, join our team and together we can create a better iPhone experience for all!" is ridiculous but awesome... lol nice work

Last edited by cscho0415; 08-07-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:22 AM

Send a message via MSN to MattMac Send a message via Yahoo to MattMac Send a message via Skype? to MattMac

We have 2 new members already, 3 hours after the topic was posted but still no Devs. This is great!
But sill the only donations received has been my own of $5 AUD

Were not asking much, just a little something. No matter the size, the more the better...

@cscho, Haha, yeah its a little corny but I needed something to finish of with...

The Following User Says Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:
netuser (08-06-2008)
Old 08-06-2008, 05:16 AM

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3G 2.0.1

Hello,

Great to see that team has been made. I dont have any Programming skill, but I am a computer geek lolzzz Also not very rich, i just did a donation of 9 AUD , hope it will help. Please people donate, it will help them and US.

Donation To Matt Riley 6 Aug. 2008 Completed Details -$9,00 AUD

Do good use of it
The Following User Says Thank You to netuser For This Useful Post:
MattMac (08-06-2008)
Old 08-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0 pwned
Operating System: OSX 10.5.2, Vista SP1
Send a message via MSN to lostgame

So what's your plan of action? I mean, how are you going to achieve this? I wouldn't donate anything until I knew ahead of time that it was going to something with definitive goals, planning and structure.
The Following User Says Thank You to lostgame For This Useful Post:
MattMac (08-06-2008)
Old 08-06-2008, 07:54 AM

Thankyou so much netuser. Your donation wont go to waste.

Would you like to be an active part of the team?

@lostgame, The first part of our plan is to try and get as many active members as we can, then we can all together convince Dev's into deeper research and eventually coming to development. Donations will go to Dev's and any other needed resources. Dev's mainly develop as their job, so money entices them. As their work can often go unseen, if we have figures available and could be periodically paying them, they are more likely to work on this project, hence giving wanted results.

Last edited by MattMac; 08-06-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: 3G 2.0.1
Operating System: XP

This isn't how development teams work!

First you set your goals, then set out a plan to achieve your goals. Then, once you have something tangible to show, then you are in a position to start asking for donations.

You don't ask for donations at the same time as admitting no one on the team has any idea what they're doing!
tahazahoor@hotmail.com (08-07-2008)
Old 08-06-2008, 08:11 AM

@redcard, Then help us out. I posted our goal above. We need members to help us out. Any Dev's I have talked to have been reluctant, so if we have money to offer, then they are more likely to hear...
I take your criticism constructively, so if there is anything else you could help me with would be great, we just needed a way to be heard...

Old 08-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Developer

Device + Firmware: See Signature
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.4

im on irc but seems nobody is there...
if u need anyone still; ill do what i can...
not really sure whats the best way to go about all of this :/
Don't be afraid to DONATE!

iPhone 8GB pwned (MA712LL)
2.0.2 (5C1) - 04.05.04_G
3.9 BL (1.0.2 OTB)
Jailbroken + Activated + Unlocked (Pwnage 2.0.3)
Everything working
Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0 pwned
Operating System: OSX 10.5.2, Vista SP1
Send a message via MSN to lostgame

Hmm...

I'm not trying to be offensive, and I'm positive that redcard wasn't either, but I'm inclined to agree with him.

It's great that you have a goal and want to do this - don't get me wrong, I'd love to see file transfer over bluetooth, as well as all the other industry-standard features that the iPhone stupidly left out from it's feature set, but wayyyy before you start asking for donations, you have to say, 'is this physically possible, is it realistic, and how are we going to go about it, in a step-by-step fashion?'

You said that the developers you were talking to were reluctant, I think it may be because they don't know if it's possible, it's not a question of money, at all. It's not about being heard - developers are aware of the problem but unless there is a realistic way to do it, it'll fail miserably, and everybody will have wasted their money.

You need to have a solid, developer-written plan before you start asking for donations, because if this isn't possible, and while right now we have no evidence to say it's not - but no evidence to say it is either, if it isn't possible then people have donated their money to a cause that just doesn't have a future, and I don't think that's right.

I'm going to make a call out to some more experienced developers here, I'm a developer myself but really, OS X and the official iPhone SDK are my honest limitations - I'd like to hear some more mobile-experienced developers here - does Bluetooth have a specific firmware that can be patched? Can we use pwnagetool to create a modified firmware that will allow added/removed features and is bluetooth in that feature set that we can change? Can we do all of this without any sort of source code, all through reverse-engineering?

All of these things are questions we need answered long before we start accepting donations, because they're answers we need to have to prove this is possible.

Again, no offense, but everybody, I'd hold off right now, until we get some more information and a plan to know if this is feasible or not.

Last edited by lostgame; 08-06-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:45 AM

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3G 2.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
Thankyou so much netuser. Your donation wont go to waste.

Would you like to be an active part of the team?
Yep you can, i ll try to stay in contact with you maybe on IRC. If you want i can put in place a temp forum ? i can help you guys in this way I have some webmastering skills. Tell me if it will be good idea to have Private forum for the team ?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:31 PM

hey guys... please understand that we have been actively at this and really started in the last 24 - 48 hours... this is why you do not see devs here yet... im going to work with the devs on getting a team together... i worked im a simular way on another project to get a winmo emulator... that project failed for two reasons... lack of intrest from the devs (mac people aparintly hate pc lol) and there was no money involved... it also failed because it wasnt too fiesable though i found a dev capable he refused to help do to contrat with microw soft...

for now donate and we will keep u posted here

at 2 25 est 8/6 i am on irc and will be on for a while... please join me

i am talking to zod a big dev

Last edited by cscho0415; 08-07-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0 JB
Operating System: Vista
Send a message via AIM to shadowck5000

Ok not to be rude to doubters, but if you have a better way to do this please go ahead. This is the first major plan of action Ive see regarding blue tooth. So if you know a good way to go about doing this Join the team, and help us out. The Donations are good because when we find out what needs to be done will have a budget to work with and not just start getting the money needed from $0.
This is a great movement because blue tooth is a great technology which the iPhone has only scratched the surface of, with it the iphone will dominate over all mobile phones/UMPC.

Need more help? feel free to PM me. .Want iPhone's bluetooth to do more? Visit Click the image to open in full size. To help make it happen.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion