HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch > Media > Music / Video
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music / Video For all discussion pertaining to music and video on the iPhone / iTouch.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 11:47 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Bloatista
.avi to iPhone the right way

I just ordered an Apple Composite AV Cable so I can watch movies on my TV from my iPhone. I am using Total Video Converter to convert from avi to iPhone, but the problem is the file size exceeds the one of the original... I tried different settings and same result, the only time I get a smaller file size is when I reduce the video size.

The settings I used: picked iPod Mpeg-4 and set everything to use the original of the avi file
Original file size: 0.7 GB
After conversion: 1.3 GB

Am I doing anything wrong? I currently connect my PC to the TV when I want to watch a movie and would like to use the iPhone for that, but also get the same quality. What I need to know is if it is possible (and if yes, how) to convert the avi to a format iPhone supports (I need subtitles too), while keeping the same quality/size and preferably the same file size or at least close to the original.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: 1 iPhone(8GB,1.1.4 FW),1 iPod Touch (16GB 1.1.4 firmware)
Operating System: MacOsx (Leopard)
Send a message via Yahoo to Apple iPie

Are you on Win,or Mac?
Old 05-14-2008, 12:26 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Windows Vista
Old 05-14-2008, 12:51 PM
What's Jailbreak?

From my experience, mpeg4 files usually are bigger than avi, I'm on a mac and I use VisualHub for video conversions.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyk328 View Post
From my experience, mpeg4 files usually are bigger than avi, I'm on a mac and I use VisualHub for video conversions.
So, are my results normal?
Old 05-14-2008, 06:20 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: windows

Hey dude
I use videora ipod nano video converter. Have had no probs and its got a decent sorta UI

Hope this helps.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:27 PM
What's Jailbreak?

For Total Video Converter, you can set the video bit rate to enlarge or decrease the converted file size. Larger bit rate, larger output file size.
Or you can select the AVC h264 output format, in normal, it is smalller than mpeg4 codec MP4 format.
The Following User Says Thank You to videospot For This Useful Post:
redswill (05-14-2008)
Old 05-14-2008, 09:51 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by videospot View Post
For Total Video Converter, you can set the video bit rate to enlarge or decrease the converted file size. Larger bit rate, larger output file size.
Or you can select the AVC h264 output format, in normal, it is smalller than mpeg4 codec MP4 format.
I was setting the bit rate to be as the one of the original and I was hoping get the same file size out of it. I tried the AVC h264 and got a 800 MB file that is a lot better than my previous one.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossmnz View Post
Hey dude
I use videora ipod nano video converter. Have had no probs and its got a decent sorta UI
I downloaded and installed the Videora iPhone video converter and it has no subtitle support or I couldn't find it
Old 07-05-2008, 01:12 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphon 1.1.4
Operating System: dell laptop

how to sources address tipe iphone install

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch > Media > Music / Video