HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion Discussion regarding Native iPhone and iPod Touch apps.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Green Apple

lol not taking sides here.. but i love the way people treat dbass.. but i also love the way he always reacts to it and is so defensive.. also its not like you have to release it, your right, no one is holding a gun to your head.. and yeah its to better your skills, but when you give it so much hype, and donations.. just wondering how much in total did you actually get in donations just for ushow... i think that was really the main reason why people got mad..... hey just take it like another experience.. learn from it, and move on, if he releases then awesome, if he doesnt theres other software, and monday is hopefully going to be a good day.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:13 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.0.2
Operating System: Windows Vista

that one kid who 'claims' he made an iphone video ushower isnt e-cool, he's e-drama.

Remember when it was e-cool to defend that one kid who 'claims' he made and iphone video ushower? (jk eternal ;P )
Old 06-07-2008, 05:14 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamse7en View Post
PLUS, even if the 3G iPhone has video recording, I'm sure we'll need a 3rd party app like yours to give it added functionality like direct uploading to YouTube, FB, etc. So, keep working on it, see what happens Monday, and come out with a great app, and I'll be the first to donate. Thanks dbass.
you went from opinionated disbeliever, to kissin butt in no time.....

lololol this thread wont last long....
Old 06-07-2008, 06:23 AM
Livin the iPhone Life

Just wondering, if everyone is SOOOOO content with iPhoneVideoRecorder, what is the big deal about uShow? Its drunknbass's project, and he will do as he pleases...
Old 06-07-2008, 06:47 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
Just wondering, if everyone is SOOOOO content with iPhoneVideoRecorder, what is the big deal about uShow? Its drunknbass's project, and he will do as he pleases...

I think the issue really is he came forward and collected a bunch of peoples serial #'s for a BETA test application of his app.

Again, he collected a bunch of serials, now we all assume was being used for purposes of securing beta, but at this point no update emails to people who signed up, struggling BS from other developers and users over release.

Yes i know its a beta, damn, i've sign up for PC beta test, and after appliocations took 3-4 months but was updated every month via email on what is required on my end and to expect info/beta on a few months.

Don;t just have a registration that takes poeples info and and state you will hear from us in 48-72 hours when you indeed do not care to update.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Livin the iPhone Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
I think the issue really is he came forward and collected a bunch of peoples serial #'s for a BETA test application of his app.

Again, he collected a bunch of serials, now we all assume was being used for purposes of securing beta, but at this point no update emails to people who signed up, struggling BS from other developers and users over release.

Yes i know its a beta, damn, i've sign up for PC beta test, and after appliocations took 3-4 months but was updated every month via email on what is required on my end and to expect info/beta on a few months.

Don;t just have a registration that takes poeples info and and state you will hear from us in 48-72 hours when you indeed do not care to update.
The serial numbers dont really mean anything because he cant really do anything with them. When Ive talked to drunknbass, the things holding him back are licenses because this is a fully licensed, trademarked name app and he is building up ushow.com so that it can handle the amount of the traffic he hopes to get with the uploading process etc.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:00 AM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.2 Jailbroken
Operating System: windows xp

i hope he never releases it. or any app for that matter. like ur never released myspace app, never released gps app, never released first ever recording app, or this bootswap app that has been worked on a "little" (which does look cool btw) but im sure someone else will just make it n release it before u
Old 06-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Green Apple

I just dont get drunknbass... I realize he doesnt have to do any of this and its a hobby. but when people are donating to him, i think its disrespectfull that he has nothing to show for it. I've been there since the beginning of ushow. waited hours for every beta sign up. when he has all us fans and donators that are dedicated to him, its obviously going to make us angry that he hasnt showed us anything. Not even a video of the app in action. is that realy too much to ask for after everything your fans have done for you?
Old 06-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmike09 View Post
I just dont get drunknbass... I realize he doesnt have to do any of this and its a hobby. but when people are donating to him, i think its disrespectfull that he has nothing to show for it. I've been there since the beginning of ushow. waited hours for every beta sign up. when he has all us fans and donators that are dedicated to him, its obviously going to make us angry that he hasnt showed us anything. Not even a video of the app in action. is that realy too much to ask for after everything your fans have done for you?
You bring up a good point, but with 2.0 firmware just around the corner, anything can happen. Lets wait until then until we can make more judgements...
Old 06-09-2008, 02:59 AM
Green Apple

Operating System: Windows XP

I sent the dude a friendly PM and he said he wanted to release a BETA for his patient fans but it was difficult and it was more likely it would be released in appstore. Well with appstore unveiled today the wait is almost over, when taken with a bucketful of salt.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:41 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I sat here for 10 mins rewriting what i wanted to say because i have mixed feelings about the app. In all honesty this app should have been released a while ago finished or not as a thank you to all those who were there in the beginning. People stood by DB for a long time. Defended him on his site when people bad mouthed him. But slowly people became impatient with the project because we watched him fight with other people about the app and its validity. I really didnt care what anyone said about the project and DB until i watched DB slowly turn into a jerk about the app. I know he took a lot of abuse about the app but damn the responses ou see now are nuts its like watching kids bicker back and forth. But i didnt leave because i had faith in him as a developer. Then the ushow drama began we were told of the first signup and nothing happen he was out of town. Ok that was fine because we knew the app was coming but then we had to re register after waiting up all night for the first. Ok no big deal lets do it and again nothing a month goes by and nothing. Its was for me the final straw i didnt care anymore i just had to jump **** and when ivr first came out i said it was crap but they fixed it in real short time and its now a great app. People were way wrong for whatever comment they made about him and being a role model but DB should have just let us know info along the way kept us informed instead of the path he took things would have been smoother. I still hope the app is released to clear his name but i dont plan on using it im content with the ivr until the knew iphone is out
Old 06-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

This could be drunknbass's chance. I just watched the Keynote and there is absolutely no mention of a video recorder which you would think would be made known if it was true. With that we have all seen from the screenshots and posts from people with knowledge of this app, it is very professional (Partnering with many sites, has licenses, trademarks etc.) and would be an easy pick over iPhoneVideoRecorder IMO...
Old 06-09-2008, 10:07 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 PWNED
Operating System: Mac OS X Leopard
Send a message via AIM to Chase817

ive been waiting for this forever
Old 06-09-2008, 10:51 PM
iPhoneaholic

Yeah, so he never answered whether or not he is still continuing this.
Old Yesterday, 12:47 AM
the kanye west of programming

i was always going to release it, i never stopped production on it. i just dont like to talk about it, anything i say can come back to me negatively somehow.. if i release any betas too early i can get a bad rap for a buggy product, or possibly someone stealing ideas from it, or maybe even apple get mad and try and keep me out of the appstore. i cant give any dates or things like that because there is not a set day it will come out, and i wont make a guess as to when it will.. it will come out as soon as the time is perfectly right. hopefully people will like it, and if not, i dunno. after all it is just an app...

but i would really like to release a version for people who choose to jailbreak their phones(hopefully they manage to jb the new 3g iphone), and add features that arnt possible with a sdk app. and if there is any new hardware or anything to make the app better in the new iphone i will take advantage of it.

www.monsterandfriends.com The iPhone Developers Resource!

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion