HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches Post new native iPhone and iPod Touch apps in this forum. Also post updates to apps in this thread. Grab Our Native Apps Launches RSS Feed

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Green Apple

Swirly MMS with AT&T on 1.1.4 First Gen IPhone WORKING

Ok only because i am tired of seeing threads about Swirly not working and the battle of people arguing the point that swirly does not work with AT&T.

Lets put this myth to rest

SWIRLY MMS DOES WORK WITH ATT!

here is how i did it.

To ALL AT&T people.

Here are confirmed working settings on my and several others phones.
BUT you have to get off of the AT&T IPhone plan.
Call ATT and tell them that you switched to your old phone.
i had a Sony W300i. that i told them that i switched to.
(you might also have to download the swirly fake phone patch. I did not have to use this. but on a friends i had to use the W800i patch. you can find this on the swirly repo.)
Turn your phone off After they do the switch.
turn the phone on.
they will ask you if you can get on the media net.
tell them no.
ask them to take you off the network and put you back on the network. they will tell you to power cycle your phone..
after that open safari.
if you can access the web great. (make sure WiFi is off to see if you are going to the ATT AP not your WiFi)

After all of that Download Swirly.
Reboot your Phone.
Set the Settings
and then send/receive your messages!!

use these settings.

APN: wap.cingular
Username: (leave Blank)
Password: (leave Blank)

Image size: Medium

DOWNFALL:
you loose visual voicemail. (but its worth the loss if you ask me)

the new version is also out..
This includes forwarding, reply, texting, native MMS viewing!! and much more
but it cost $8.
Soon as my trial is up im buying.. but i have to make sure this works on the 3G iphone. on firmware 2.0

If you have any douts that this works then PM me your number and i will send you a MMS.

ALSO i will try to get video of this. later the week. i hope with the 3G IPHONE.

HERE are some of the pictures of the ATT setup and process.

Thank You for this comment. That is also a way to fool the ATT system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl56 View Post
i confirmed this. except i had changed my IMEI with ziphone to a razr i have. told AT&T to confirm i "didnt" have an iphone. unlocked, activated it, installed swirly. finally became satisfied with the iphone txt/mms msg!

For anyone that is having any issues still trying to get swirly to work try this.

Take any other ATT phone and put your SIM card in it. try to send and receive MMS messages. IF this does not work call ATT. Once you get your normal ATT phone sending and receiving the MMS messages then put the sim back into the iphone. and check all your settings and then test. I would recomend that you atleast have 3 bars when trying to send the MMS message otherwise you may not connect for a few mins.

If this does not work then post images of your errors and your settings.

Last edited by phoenixfire425; 07-14-2008 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Added content
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phoenixfire425 For This Useful Post:
Houls (07-14-2008)
Old 07-10-2008, 09:14 AM
What's Jailbreak?

sweet!!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Green Apple

but then you don't get the unlimited iPhone data package plan. This makes no sense.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Green Apple

You will have unlimited everything except for your minutes.
Its called the "MEDIA MAX UNLIMITED"
Its gives you unlimited...
DATA
SMS
MMS
so it makes perfect sence.

OH and the ONLY DOWNFALL THAT I FORGOT TO MENTION.....
you loose visual voice mail
but you can just dial to your voice mail to check it.
but if you ask me its well worth that loss.

pstt dont forget the thanks

Last edited by phoenixfire425; 07-10-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-10-2008, 11:46 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista Ultimate

i confirmed this. except i had changed my IMEI with ziphone to a razr i have. told AT&T to confirm i "didnt" have an iphone. unlocked, activated it, installed swirly. finally became satisfied with the iphone txt/mms msg!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
congrads!
Thanks for the report.
I will add the IMEI change from your post to the orig post.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:16 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone FW 1.1.4 JB/UN
Operating System: WinXP

But how long before the network detects your iphone and disables MMS? It's never been a question on whether or not it works because it's been proven that AT&T customers can use it. the question is how long will it last. In most cases, AT&T figures it out after a couple of days.

Last edited by soulthoughts; 07-10-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
But how long before the network detects your iphone and disables MMS? It's never been a question on whether or not it works because it's been proven that AT&T customers can use it. the question is how long will it last. In most cases, AT&T figures it out after a couple of days.

I have had mine running with the current config for over 3 months now with absolutly no problems..

This is because the network sees your IPhone as a different phone.
So there for they have no clue.

If everything is setup correctly then ATT should see your phone as what ever phone you are posing as. (ie. i am pretending i am a sony w300i)

ATT looks at the IMEI of the phone. so if you fake the IMEI or have ATT beleive the IMEI is a different phone. then it will work.

Your service is provided because of the SIM card.
You IMEI is the phones Unique ID.
so as long as the account has an IMEI as a Phone that can Send and receive MMS. Then you are able to send/receive MMS.

Does that kinda make sense?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:56 PM

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 & 2.0
Operating System: Leopard / XP

This works... been doing the same thing for a while now.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.

Firmware 2.0 DFU: 1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:
Houls (07-14-2008)
Old 07-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
This works... been doing the same thing for a while now.

Thanks for the confirm.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:43 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixfire425 View Post
I have had mine running with the current config for over 3 months now with absolutly no problems..

If everything is setup correctly then ATT should see your phone as what ever phone you are posing as. (ie. i am pretending i am a sony w300i)

ATT looks at the IMEI of the phone. so if you fake the IMEI or have ATT beleive the IMEI is a different phone. then it will work.

so as long as the account has an IMEI as a Phone that can Send and receive MMS. Then you are able to send/receive MMS.

couldnt explain it any better. You wont be busted by AT&T for doing it or anything cause they don't know you physically have an iPhone they go by the IMEI of the phone. Thats why i activated my sim with a v3 razr and enabled MMS on there then i just popped my sim in iPhone after jailbrake/fake IMEI through ziphone. walla! it sends so smoothly now. and the best part is, even if EDGE is turned off (BossPref) it will still show if you have an unread MMS without having to be connected (i dont have internet plan). Then when i see i have a msg i just enable EDGE, download, then disable EDGE again. simple new version of Swirly is sooo much better too. Buying it is the first thing Im doing once it expires trial.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:45 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone FW 1.1.4 JB/UN
Operating System: WinXP

Quote:

I totally understand all of the above. I even suggested it a while ago for users getting stuck. Read this.

A few people said it didn't work for them. It looks like it might have something to do with method of activation as well....just adding my .02 cents. I'm on TMobile so it's not an issue for me.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
couldnt explain it any better. You wont be busted by AT&T for doing it or anything cause they don't know you physically have an iPhone they go by the IMEI of the phone. Thats why i activated my sim with a v3 razr and enabled MMS on there then i just popped my sim in iPhone after jailbrake/fake IMEI through ziphone. walla! it sends so smoothly now. and the best part is, even if EDGE is turned off (BossPref) it will still show if you have an unread MMS without having to be connected (i dont have internet plan). Then when i see i have a msg i just enable EDGE, download, then disable EDGE again. simple new version of Swirly is sooo much better too. Buying it is the first thing Im doing once it expires trial.
thank you for the compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
I totally understand all of the above. I even suggested it a while ago for users getting stuck. Read this.

A few people said it didn't work for them. It looks like it might have something to do with method of activation as well....just adding my .02 cents. I'm on TMobile so it's not an issue for me.

See i activated with my iphone then later i called and told them to switch me back to the w300i. and i jailbroke with iliberty. and then since i already activated with itunes before i just reactivated with itunes.
i am still using the same SIM that came with the phone
Old 07-10-2008, 02:36 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: windows xp

Quote:
Ok only because i am tired of seeing threads about Swirly not working and the battle of people arguing the point that swirly does not work with AT&T.

Lets put this myth to rest

SWIRLY MMS DOES WORK WITH ATT!

here is how i did it.

To ALL AT&T people.

Here are confirmed working settings on my and several others phones.
BUT you have to get off of the AT&T IPhone plan.
Call ATT and tell them that you switched to your old phone.
i had a Sony W300i. that i told them that i switched to.
(you might also have to download the swirly fake phone patch. I did not have to use this. but on a friends i had to use the W800i patch. you can find this on the swirly repo.)
Turn your phone off After they do the switch.
turn the phone on.
they will ask you if you can get on the media net.
tell them no.
ask them to take you off the network and put you back on the network. they will tell you to power cycle your phone..
after that open safari.
if you can access the web great. (make sure WiFi is off to see if you are going to the ATT AP not your WiFi)

After all of that Download Swirly.
Reboot your Phone.
Set the Settings
and then send/receive your messages!!

use these settings.

Username: (leave Blank)
Password: (leave Blank)

Image size: Medium

ok i did exactly what you said.
i have a 1.1.4 jailbroken iphone with the 1.1 swirlymms app.
i called att and told them that im switching to a LG CU575 and gave them the IMEI code to do so. the phone works fine. everything is the same as before and like you said; the visual voicemail is not working.
i put in the exact settings as the ones you say work.
however, it is still not working for me.

mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com
proxy: 066.209.011.032

username: blank
password: blank

image size: medium

just like you said.

when i try to send a message i get an error message saying:

Failed to send MMS.
possible incorrect mmsc setting.
unexpected http response
(HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)

The MMS is placed in the outbox

please help me.
i have been trying to get this to work for hours and i dont want all this work to go to waste.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:40 PM

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 & 2.0
Operating System: Leopard / XP

APN: wap.cingular.com is what I use.

I ended up having to clone the IMEI from my other device to my iPhone in order to get it to work. Also after they took you off the iPhone plan you added back the Media Max, right?....

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.

Firmware 2.0 DFU: 1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches