HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 16GB 1.1.4 PwneD!!
Operating System: MAC OS X 10.5.2/Windows Vista Home Premium

UGH!!! WHY did they have to make a second generation iphone!!?? Looks like its time to save up for this new one and sell my 16gb! UGH they make me so mad!!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Green Apple

I just wanna take the time to say haha to all the people who brought there iPhone within the last 3 months or so. Who cares if you paid $200 dollars cheaper. I had my 8GB iPhone the first week it came out; so, I pretty much had a year to enjoy my phone. I have faith in Apple and I believe this phone will be worst every penny. $500 deposit back from AT&T along with my $100 rebate from Apple. Yeah, I got the 3G iPhone already!!! q:-p..
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:17 AM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: 8GB iPhone - 1.1.4
Operating System: OS X Leopard | Win XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid7085 View Post
Wow, some people are awfully stupid here. Just because they release the same software for a device doesn't magically make it have that feature. Every version of Windows includes support for A Laptop Battery, but just because you install Windows XP that doesn't mean you can unplug your computer and walk around. Go ahead, try it, I know you are curious now. I will wait....

Rebooted yet? Alright. The iPod Touch has been running the same "Version" as the iPhones for as long as it has been out, that doesn't mean it can suddenly make calls. What people, okay, not normal people, either way, don't understand is that the current hardware can't support 3G, there is no "magic" to make this happen, period. If you want 3G, you need a new iPhone, period.
OMG, I un-pluged it and it didn't power down. Could walk around with it and everything...wait, that's coz I have a laptop. Haha.
Damn straight. Finally someone stood up to the noobs. Haha, was going to do it myself, but would have never been able to put it in such good words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshysquashy View Post
Except Apple create the software for their hardware, so they don't support anything 3rd party. Microsoft create OS'es for all kinds of devices, so they include support for all kinds of components.

Apple are working on 3G most likely because they are going to include it. It makes sense to as its an obvious upgrade. But it has its downsides (battery life, bulkiness etc.)
Why would Apple re-write the iPhone OS just for the next gen, when it has only just added the support of 3G and a few odds and ends?
Its the same thing. There writing it so the OS is compatible with all generations of iPhones, making it easier to keep everyone up to date.

Matt.

P.S. If maybe 2.0 supports the proposed GPS and I put 2.0 on my 1st gen iPhone will I be able to use GPS on it? Bahahahah!

8Gb iPhone -> 1.1.4 Pwned & BootNeutered
2.2 GHz MacBook -> OS X Leopard & Windows XP (BootCamp)
Old 05-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Green Apple

Well technically with the appstore coming out. GPS on 1st gen iphones isn't far fetched as long as apple lets developers use the dock port. Like with the PSP hacking community. All it would take is a gps chip and an app released through the store to enable you to have true GPS. Honestly the same could be said about having 3G. Although I'm not sure apple would let someone make a 3G chip for the iPhone dock port seeing as it would make some people not upgrade. heh.

One more thing. They have different versions of iPhone extended batteries that also plug into the port. It's actually kind of cool. And with the 3G phones coming out this may be a very nice accessory. You don't have to use it all the time but if you know you are going to be away from an outlet a long time you can carry it with you (like an extra laptop battery or even cell phone battery back in the day when you could change those out............by yourself...........) and never have to worry about battery life and 3G.

Some links:

FastMac iV iPhone Battery Pack - Includes a light (for seeing in the dark and taking pictures in dark places) and ability to charge other devices while plugged into iPhone. Even charge another iPhone... Can also plug into dock in order to charge both the iPhone and pack without removing. (pre-order status)

Kensington Mini Battery Pack - Doesn't last as long as the previous but is very small and only sticks out the bottom instead of adding to the back.

Kensington Battery Pack and Charger - The full blown brother to the previous model. This guy would be more for carrying around in a bag (like with your laptop) and plugging in when you can sit down somewhere but don't have access to an outlet.

Richard Solo Battery Pack - This one is like the mini pack above but a bit larger. Good for keeping in your car or a backpack just in case. Also has a longer life than the mini.

iPowerRush - The super cheap version of extended batteries. Lol... This thing probably works but you have to buy 6 AAA batteries to put inside it to charge your iPhone. After a few uses it would end up costing you more than just buying one of the other products but I figured I'd give the option.

Also you will probably be able to use your phone's 3G capability to give your laptop internet anywhere. (you can already do this with edge).
service: AT&T (Cingular) USA
MMS: receiving: no
sending: no

Last edited by burtthaman : 05-11-2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: added links
The Following User Says Thank You to burtthaman For This Useful Post:
jcrod73 (05-12-2008)
Old 05-11-2008, 08:42 AM
iPhoneaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
Well technically with the appstore coming out. GPS on 1st gen iphones isn't far fetched as long as apple lets developers use the dock port. Like with the PSP hacking community. All it would take is a gps chip and an app released through the store to enable you to have true GPS. Honestly the same could be said about having 3G. Although I'm not sure apple would let someone make a 3G chip for the iPhone dock port seeing as it would make some people not upgrade. heh.

One more thing. They have 2 different versions of iPhone extended batteries that also plug into the port. It's actually kind of cool. And with the 3G phones coming out this may be a very nice accessory. You don't have to use it all the time but if you know you are going to be away from an outlet a long time you can carry it with you (like an extra laptop battery or even cell phone battery back in the day when you could change those out............by yourself...........) and never have to worry about battery life and 3G.

Some links:

FastMac iV iPhone Battery Pack - includes a light and ability to charge other devices while plugged into iPhone.
Yes but the new iPhones will have extended battery life (would be stupid if it didn't). The old phones wont be able to hand the power demand... And even if you got a battery pack for the 1st gen, you would have no where to plug it as the port is already in use by the 3G adapter.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:57 AM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4

Oh yay.

Less battery life is everything the iphone needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiasortiz View Post
UGH!!! WHY did they have to make a second generation iphone!!?? Looks like its time to save up for this new one and sell my 16gb! UGH they make me so mad!!
Well - it was kinda expected..

How many Gens of Ipods are there!?

Last edited by mofolo : 05-11-2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-11-2008, 09:04 AM
iPhoneaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
Oh yay.

Less battery life is everything the iphone needs.

Well - it was kinda expected..

How many Gens of Ipods are there!?
Hahaha, they just keep popping them out eh. Do you ever think they'll run out of ideas for new gens of iPods?

Old 05-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
Yes but the new iPhones will have extended battery life (would be stupid if it didn't). The old phones wont be able to hand the power demand... And even if you got a battery pack for the 1st gen, you would have no where to plug it as the port is already in use by the 3G adapter.
Ohh you misinterpreted what I was saying. The battery packs were for people worried about the new 3G iPhones. If my 3G adapter for 1st gen iPhones idea ever came to fruition (which I very much doubt it would) they could include it inside of a batter pack also. Making it able to charge and have 3G capability. But like I said I doubt any of that will happen.

Having said that. Some rumors are saying the battery won't be extended much more than it already is. But even if they do extend it on the 3G iPhone then it will not really do anything since 3G takes more to use and keep on. And these products were made for Edge users to begin with so the same people will buy it for the 3G model regardless of apples stated battery usage (which is never on point).
service: AT&T (Cingular) USA
MMS: receiving: no
sending: no
Old 05-11-2008, 09:37 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Mac OS10.5.2

I really hope us 1st gen users get a discount, that would be good.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:45 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8G 1.1.4 JB
Operating System: OSX 10.5.2, XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
This is an awesome feature for those of us without 3G coverage to turn it off. It really increased the battery life of my LG CU500 off.

Thats before they found out if they released it with it, it would triple sales. But seriously even if they did upgrade the battery it would be nice to know turning it off saves battery. I remember they used to stay if you were in airplane mode it would save the battery.
Maybe Apple has upgraded the battery. I'm sure that we laymen don't have all the facts yet...

Old 05-11-2008, 10:04 AM
What's Jailbreak?

The thing is, if they don't upgrade the batteries there is a lot less hassle for them as they can keep buying from the same company as the 1G iphones.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:07 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiniej View Post
I really hope us 1st gen users get a discount, that would be good.
You are NOT getting any discount. Get over it already. Do you see iPod purchasers getting deals every time a new model comes out? No you don't. I don't know why people have this sense of entitlement, it is quite misplaced. No one told you to buy the phone.

Early adopters are lucky they got $100 store credits after the price drop.

Last edited by exNavy : 05-11-2008 at 10:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:
Napoleon_PhoneApart (05-12-2008)
Old 05-11-2008, 10:14 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4 OTB IPhone
Operating System: Windows Xp, Windows Vista
Send a message via AIM to rasbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid7085 View Post
Wow, some people are awfully stupid here. Just because they release the same software for a device doesn't magically make it have that feature. Every version of Windows includes support for A Laptop Battery, but just because you install Windows XP that doesn't mean you can unplug your computer and walk around. Go ahead, try it, I know you are curious now. I will wait....

Rebooted yet? Alright. The iPod Touch has been running the same "Version" as the iPhones for as long as it has been out, that doesn't mean it can suddenly make calls. What people, okay, not normal people, either way, don't understand is that the current hardware can't support 3G, there is no "magic" to make this happen, period. If you want 3G, you need a new iPhone, period.
some some people have icons that make them look like douchebags
Old 05-11-2008, 10:49 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 16GB iPhone + 1.2 beta
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.2 + Windows Vista Ultimate

I wonder if the new firmware shows the GPS features as well, I think apple is gunna make the iPhone firmware universal...
Old 05-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0 PWNED!
Operating System: OS X Leopard & Windows Longhorn build 4074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrysoda_zx View Post
I wonder if the new firmware shows the GPS features as well, I think apple is gunna make the iPhone firmware universal...
Well yeah, they just spent all this time pushing the iPhone platform and major changes to the OS would screw over developers.

Also the only discount I could think of would be the trade in you old iPod/iPhone for recycling and get 10 % off a new one. Apples has had that program for a while now

Last edited by rusty778 : 05-11-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Im a pathetic typer

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > News