HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 01:41 AM
Owner / Founder - ModMyiFone

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.2 | 1.1.3
Operating System: OS X | XP | Sabayon
Thanked 13,615 Times in 305 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cash7c3 Send a message via MSN to cash7c3 Send a message via Yahoo to cash7c3
Palm OS Plus iPhone / iTouch Equals Old School Style Thousands of Apps

This news is a bit (infinitely) cooler than the recent prank.

Anyone here remember Palm OS? We'll if you don't I'll just tell you, Palm OS was dominate in the early days of the PDA. After years of dominance it was finally overcome by today's popular handheld systems like Microsoft Windows Mobile, RIM on the Blackberry, Symbian on many manufactures like Nokia, and of course OS X on the iPhone.

Here's the news, Palm OS and the over 20,000 apps and games available for the platform are coming to the iPod Touch and iPhone. StyleTap, a company dedicated to bringing Palm OS apps to all the major mobile operating systems has announced that they are bringing a Palm OS emulator to the iPhone and iTouch.

This is an awesome development for the iPhone and iTouch showing that other platforms can be run and hopefully run well. While there is some doubt about the usability this opens the door to further advancement, and if done well will only increase the usability and available options for you beloved Apple device. Expect StyleTap to announce their prices and more info sometime in July.

[StyleTap via iphonity] thanks FreakinBock
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cash7c3 For This Useful Post:
PabloInTheSky (06-03-2008)
Old 06-02-2008, 02:20 AM
Green Apple

IF this works well, and its reasonably priced, it will be very very awesome, but the key term here is "if". the pic looks kinda photoshopped to me, with some weird pixels around the icons and such. but regardless, i'll be very interested to find out... there's been a palm os emulator for windows mobile for ages. anyone know if it ever ran at decent speeds? if i remember correctly, it didn't run anything past palm os 3 or something.. yuck.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:27 AM
Owner / Founder - ModMyiFone

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.2 | 1.1.3
Operating System: OS X | XP | Sabayon
Thanked 13,615 Times in 305 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cash7c3 Send a message via MSN to cash7c3 Send a message via Yahoo to cash7c3

I would assume the price would be similar to the other styletap ports, about $50. Yeah I hope it ends up cool, will be a disappointment if it turns out crap
Old 06-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: winpwn'd 1.1.4 iphone
Operating System: windows vista

Makes me want to thank the people who make sweet iPhone apps for FREE!!

So... Thanks!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to howlett15 For This Useful Post:
kingskid07 (06-02-2008)
Old 06-02-2008, 03:28 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3nny View Post
the pic looks kinda photoshopped to me, with some weird pixels around the icons and such. but regardless, i'll be very interested to find out... .
I don't think it's photoshopped, if it's a true port of the OS then believe me the resolution is low and no amount of high density resolution iphone screen is gonna polish those icons up )

Wow, I have an old Palm VX gathering dust somewhere, I must admit, there were some brilliant apps available, maybe I'll go blow the dust off and plug it in - wait I don't have a com port! hmmmm
Old 06-02-2008, 06:45 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by styletap.com
This is an EXPERIMENTAL version - it is NOT a product, nor is its presence here a commitment of any kind, express or implied, that StyleTap Inc. will ever release an official version of StyleTap CrossPlatform for Apple iPhone or iPod Touch.

There's a video demo as well...

YouTube - StyleTap for iPhone and iPod touch

Looks like they are pretty adamant in saying it may never be released.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:12 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I have seen ports of palm os for other devices and they never seem to run as smooth as I had hoped. would like to see it run on X might get it right this time.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Green Apple

Ah I remember starting out with my first three pdas being Palm devices, the latest being the Palm Lifedrive. I definitely love my iPhone now and doubt I'd go back, but this is a cool development.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:10 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 16GB iPhone 1.1.4 firmware 04.04.05_G
Operating System: window XP and Vista Home premium
Send a message via AIM to l0uisz

wow thats sweett so far ive tried everything but palm os cant wait to give it a shot if every things successful =]