HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
Not sure how to break this to you, but they've already sold 6 MILLION iPhones. You're nothing special and thinking a phone makes you special just makes you look like an idiot.
I feel ya. check out this urban dictionary entry (the second meaning)

Link

not to knock on apple users at all, I've got a macbook and an iPod (and I've been saving my pennies for an iPhone).

Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Green Apple

Why in the hell are ya'll so happy. $300? Now everybody and they daddy is gonna have one. What's the fun in that? That and no "video chat"? I can tell you one thing, be on the look out for the 32GB in a month after its release and the prices for the 3rd party Apps in the "App Store" will eventually cost you more then the 3G iPhone its self. Forget July 11th, I'm waitin' of the SE Xperia X1 to be released in mid-September. Apple let me down big time. My damn deposit for the 2yr contract cost me more ($500). I'll be a dummy to extend my contract. AT&T, I can't see no reason why this cheap @$$ phone shouldn't have an replacement warrenty. Damn Jobs, thanks for nothin'... q:'-(..
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
Not sure how to break this to you, but they've already sold 6 MILLION iPhones. You're nothing special and thinking a phone makes you special just makes you look like an idiot.
I wont say what i want to say because I dont want to get banned from the site.. but Who said i felt special? I just dont like having the same cell phone as everyone else and i'm pretty sure im not the only one that feels that way..

EDIT: and 6 million phone sold isnt really a lot. at one point I felt like every house in the world had at least one person in it that owned a razr

Last edited by k wizzle : 06-09-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Developer

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8gb BL 3.9 (FW 2.0 Beta)
Operating System: Windows XP SP2, OS X Leopard 10.5.2, Ubuntu 7.10, Windows Vista
Send a message via AIM to m3thodandr3d

Great, not the iPhone is going to become the new sidekick . $200... wtf? now all those little gangster kids in my school that think they are cool for having a sidekick are gonna get iPhones... BTW: NO flash, NO camera upgrade, NO video recording, NO video chat. Those are just some of the reasons I'll wait until next year to buy the G3

Last edited by m3thodandr3d : 06-09-2008 at 02:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to m3thodandr3d For This Useful Post:
yungfreshgent20 (06-09-2008)
Old 06-09-2008, 02:06 PM
What's Jailbreak?

who cares

who cares if everyone has the dang thing.. do you want it? if you do get it. so be it that everyone can get one. it would happen one way or the other. just be glad that its cheaper for you and I. and for the X1 its sweet looking but its still WM based.. keep it. its all yours. I was never an apple fan boy before I got my iphone. I am now an apple fanboy. but please people quit griping about the new price of the iphone. yes it does still totally lack some apps that it needs, be happy that you are getting the phone for cheap considering all that its missing..
Old 06-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: 1 iPhone(8GB,1.1.4 FW),1 iPod Touch (16GB 1.1.4 firmware)
Operating System: MacOsx (Leopard)
Send a message via Yahoo to Apple iPie

LMAOing. Why are u SOOO dissapointed on the new iPhone price? I think its better to have a lower price though...
Old 06-09-2008, 02:13 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 2 iPhones 8GB 1.1.4 Jailbroken, Unlocked//1 iPod Touch 16GB 1.1.4 Jailbroken
Operating System: 24-in iMac 2.8GHz, MacBook OSX 10.4.11 Bought in Tokyo, Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
Great, not the iPhone is going to become the new sidekick . $200... wtf? now all those little gangster kids in my school that think they are cool for having a sidekick are gonna get iPhones... BTW: NO flash, NO camera upgrade, NO video recording, NO video chat. Those are just some of the reasons I'll wait until next year to buy the G3
Haha, that is soo.. true, I remember the days when the Sidekick was the $hitt. My nephew was bugging me to get him one, and he already had a cellphone, but he wanted it for IM-ing with his friends. I kind of hate that the iPhones are now considered affordable!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:16 PM
What's Jailbreak?

$199 with Contract

Guys no need to worry...this price is with AT&T contract as per the Apple website. So, if anyone wants to buy from Apple store it would cost him at least $300 to $400 more.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Green Apple

the cheaper iPhone will keep more gas in my car. By the time the phone is available the price of gas in my area is estimated to be $5+... yay for cheaper iphone

Old 06-09-2008, 02:19 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
LoL yea I kind of feel you on that one. No one's gonna be excited to see an iPhone anymore.

I was just wondering how they will compensate for the low price. I mean, is that why it's plastic now? Cheap regular plastic?
seeing everyone having one depends on where you live because now i dont see a lot of people with these phones mainly because they couldnt afford it. now with this price it kills the whole wow factor of this phone. Put it this way everyone loves supercars such as porsche and ferrari and part of the majesty in these cars is the fact that not everyone can afford one due to price. So in buying one you know chances are when you go for a drive your more than likely not going to run into anyone who has it too. Exclusivity helped make this phone desirable and even worse i know people who want one who denied wanting one because they couldnt afford it now there gonna hope right on the bang wagon which sucks. Now to sound uppity but i like having something not everyone has the ability to own. I do agree its stupid to think the phone makes you a better person but 6million sold word wide is not that huge when your thinking its close to over what 200 billion people in the world but 16million more than doubles your chances of seeing one
Old 06-09-2008, 02:23 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3 Jailbroken/AnySim (1.1.1 BL3.9 OTB)
Operating System: Windows XP...hopefully OSX Leopard soon....

I have to say I am happy but upset at the same time since Everyone plus their grandmother is going to have the iphone...so much for the exclusivity..esp in Canada...
ALTHOUGH they have not released the price just that it will be sold at Fido & Rogers Stores...and you know Roger's is going to JACK that price up and the plan to go with it (slowly praying the Fido, although owned by Rogers will have a reasonable rate for my 1st gen 8gber)

The white does look sleek...hmmm case replacing anyone?!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

What i want to know is how they are going to get you to sign this 2 year agreement. I hope its like the current iphone where you take it home and activate it there, then there is a way to either fake activate it or soemthing, i just signed 2 years on with ATT for my current iphone, why would i want to sign 2 more if i can get around it...
I searched around apple's site for anything about activating this new beast, and i didnt see anything. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 (PWNED)
Operating System: Leopard / XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash0113 View Post
Guys no need to worry...this price is with AT&T contract as per the Apple website. So, if anyone wants to buy from Apple store it would cost him at least $300 to $400 more.
I doubt this will be the case. They put "with 2 year agreement" because that's what AT&T's policy is for any iPhone activation or plan so Apple must conform to that. Apple is the one price fixing their own product. They would have to negotiate this "discount" with every cell phone provider in each of the 70 countries they are going to sell in. That's just not going to happen. Steve said the $199 applies to EVERY country across the board. Apple is discounting the phones to EVERYONE, ignoring the fact that some will be unlocked, knowing that it will create a bigger LEGITIMATE customer base and will make up the money in AppStore sales and kickbacks from the iPhone rate plans.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:35 PM
What's Jailbreak?

And why doesnt this have MMS apple is so stupid

or a video recorder

Last edited by Maxx939 : 06-09-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Green Apple

I'm sure more people will buy them due to lower pricing but 80 % of the people I know won't buy one because they only get "free" phones with contract. or won't spend more then 50-100 dollars for a phone period...

I get what ya'll are saying though. thats why I don't have a supercar but customize it, because I do like to be a little different...

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News