HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 7/16/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 01:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Jailbroken 1.1.4
Operating System: XP

I installed this game right before I left for a trip. I'm running 1.1.4 and the game took a long time to download then a long time to install, then when I went back to the home screen it sat with the spinning working symbol for a few mins, then went to the startup apple logo screen. Now I can't start the pod and I'm pretty frusturated. I've tried a reset by holding the home and hold button but I still can't get past the startup apple logo screen, any help?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:02 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4 j/b ziphone
Operating System: windows

Yay Works Great For Me Too...
Old 06-14-2008, 02:02 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Send a message via AIM to jayc7176 Send a message via Yahoo to jayc7176

This is a good attempt.! Shows how much can be done & big games different worlds can be created & fun games can be done...

But i think as many issues as this game has - this should ve been launched as BETA and for free... get the kinks out let the community help the dev out. and then if it works smooth charge for it someone who wants it will pay for it. ! Others will hang on to FREE ones jus like me.

i think dev jump the Gun $$ blind me sometimes so i don't blame him
just my thoughts..
Old 06-14-2008, 03:45 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 Unlocked
Operating System: Windows XP and Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz145 View Post
I installed this game right before I left for a trip. I'm running 1.1.4 and the game took a long time to download then a long time to install, then when I went back to the home screen it sat with the spinning working symbol for a few mins, then went to the startup apple logo screen. Now I can't start the pod and I'm pretty frusturated. I've tried a reset by holding the home and hold button but I still can't get past the startup apple logo screen, any help?
Ye, Restore and unlock and or/jailbreak over again!!!! Has happened to my iPhone aswell.

Last edited by A.T : 06-14-2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-14-2008, 04:48 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8gb 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista Ultimate 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T View Post
Ye, Restore and unlock and or/jailbreak over again!!!! Has happened to my iPhone aswell.
See my post on the first page--this is EXACTLY what happened to me. I'm currently in the process of restoring mine, and I'm none too pleased. It's obvious that this app is the cause of at least 3 separate iphone restores. When exactly are the mods going to take this thing down? I'm getting more pissed with each person I see having to go through this!

I'm curious, does anyone test any of the apps before they're thrown up for installer use? $9.99 for this. Tell ya what, I'll pay you twice that to restore my iPhone to pre-Cybersaurus craptacular settings

Last edited by schweitzer : 06-14-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweitzer View Post
WARNING: I recommend users stay FAR away from this game!! It LIKELY single-handedly killed my iPhone! Months of happy times until I added this thing with errors on my 1.1.4 device. Afterwards, I was stuck with a crummy cybersaur icon on my board with no functionality, and my launcher app was bugged. No new apps could be added. I tried uninstalling a few (cybersaurus wasn't detected), but that caused my iPhone to reset and completely lockup. This thing is locked up worse than my old iPod Video in the middle of a movie.

I finally managed to get it to power down, but it WILL not load beyond the apple welcome icon. Thanks guys, for giving me an extra 3-5 hours of work on a nice Saturday (and goodbye contacts and pictures). And shame on this site for allowing a new app on the mainpage which has caused the majority of users nothing but problems. I stupidly thought I could trust what I saw here. Ugh, back to complete and utter caution/suspicion. And BTW, this is the first app I've added in a week, so yeah--I'm pretty darn sure this is what caused the problem. It may have only been a small piece in the puzzle, but it was definitely the catalyst for my iphones death.
Its called Restore mode.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz145 View Post
Plug it in to your computer, SSH into it, delete the application and try rebooting your phone.

I had to do this when TTR came out. For some reason it would mess up my phone.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:31 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 - ZiPhone 2.5

I installed this app on my 1.1.4 and it worked perfectly. I did notice that it ran just a bit sluggish unless I turned the music off and then it ran great. I think the developer did a great job on it. Anyone that thinks this game is ugly doesn't have a clue what's involved in creating a game like this.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:38 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeditout2130 View Post
Plug it in to your computer, SSH into it, delete the application and try rebooting your phone.

I had to do this when TTR came out. For some reason it would mess up my phone.
I was thinking about that as I was ssh'd in to search for some video files I took before restoring--I didn't think it'd help, so I just nuked it : \ Well, good to know for future reference. Kudos for that. Do a lot of apps do the same thing when they're new? I'm not as angry now, but I wish they'd at least test things thoroughly before advertising them on the darn homepage
Old 06-14-2008, 11:33 PM
What's Jailbreak?

you guys need to add the developer's source: iphone3dgames.com
the file size of that version should be 3.4 mb, as opposed to the 3.5 mb that may appear before. The 3.4 mb version installed fine for me on an ipod touch.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:35 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Yeah, I think something funky is going on. It may not be the developers app that's the problem. Apparently some installer repo's are having major problems as we speak. Just about everything from iClarified is also causing "main execution script" errors. I'm going to give this the benefit of the doubt and edit my original post to reflect this. If nothing else, people should wait a while before trying to download this : \
Old 06-15-2008, 03:36 AM
Developer

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux

schweitzer,
It could be an installer problem.
In fact you never launched the game executable.
Believe me,I installer and uninstalled a thousand times from my repo without problems.

EDIT:

I passed the last 2 hours testing install and uninstall again with my 8 gb iPhone v. 1.1.4 .
I tested it in normal and critical disk space conditions from modmyiphone repo without any problem.
Just to let you know.
ANYWAY I noticed that the version from the modmyifone repo is still the version that does not work on ipod touch.
I will contact the administrator to let him fix it.
As you pointed out the size of the zips are different ,so in the meantime download from my repo http://iphone3dgames.com.

Last edited by Darxun : 06-15-2008 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:09 AM
I Own This Place

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.4 | Unlocked
Operating System: OS X Leopard 10.5.2
Thanked 1,149 Times in 606 Posts

Folks, version 1.1 is on the repo, and is the version that works on both iPod Touch and iPhone.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A B A [select] [start]
Old 06-15-2008, 11:38 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch FW 1.1.4.
Operating System: Windows XP Fat But Sexy!

yea this game works fine on my iPod gotta say the games awesome but the controls need to be worked on its really hard to shoot down the dinos from the sky but otherwise good game
Old 06-15-2008, 04:27 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 16 GB 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista 64-bit
Hokey Smoke

iPhone 16GB 1.1.4 works for me. The only criticism is the movement keys...how about accelerometer for movement & tap for shoot?

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News