HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 7/16/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 04:50 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch FW 1.1.4
Operating System: Mac OS X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz145 View Post
I installed this game right before I left for a trip. I'm running 1.1.4 and the game took a long time to download then a long time to install, then when I went back to the home screen it sat with the spinning working symbol for a few mins, then went to the startup apple logo screen. Now I can't start the pod and I'm pretty frusturated. I've tried a reset by holding the home and hold button but I still can't get past the startup apple logo screen, any help?
SSH and delete. I've gotten that spinning wheel for other reasons and this solution has always worked for me (I pretty much hate restoring) so try this first.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:39 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Macbook Pro OS X 10.5.2

this is a piece of sh*t game.. why would the developer make it 9.95? F*cking super moneky ball is only 9.95!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:54 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB 1.1.4
Operating System: 10.4.11

While maybe a technical achievement for any small developer it simply is a horrible game based around a concept that works great for a normal gamepad but fails on the iPhone/iPod.

It simply is not fun to play, people need to think of new game designs (or adapt good ones like Monkey Ball) to the iPhone. Good example is I LOVE Super Mario Bros. but it is unplayable with a touch screen.

So developers keep that in mind, you can't just make a touch screen control pad and expect to have a fun game. Use the accelerator and touch screen in fun and innovative ways.

Here's a free idea, a geometry wars or SHUMP style game where you control the character with the tilt controls and touch to shoot (also can be reversed).
Old 06-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Green Apple

It would be nice if Installer indicated which apps are NOT free prior to installing.

I tried the game... definitely a 10 on the cool factor, but playability on this device is lacking in a big way. Too bad there's no D-pad on the phone!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:54 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrooksr View Post
jesus christ, give the man a break. hes made a great game that i would gladly give only 10 bucks to play. if you made a game like he has, u would charge as much.

and also, try to make a game thats as "ugly" as this game. ud be surprised at how difficult it is.
or u could get it for free off torrents
Old Today, 09:59 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3 unlocked
Operating System: WindowsXP SP2

I am very impressed by this game, graphics-wise. I understand exactly how hard it is to program something like that, especially with limited resources of a mobile device. The gameplay does sucks though...I think using the accelerometer could do wonders for this game, or maybe some form of auto target. The up/down movements are the ones that are the hardest for me...

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11

Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News