HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 7/16/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 09:07 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

I guess this looks much more fun to us "older" folk here.
I grew up playing Scorched Earth and generaly C64 and Attari console games.
Loved Worms and "Directors Cut" from day one back in 95, 96 on Amiga and have loved it ever since.

Having a worms "style" game on my iPhone is something I can't even think about complaining about.

it's sad that people want and need 3d and high end special effects just to consider a game noteworthy.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Emir S. For This Useful Post:
Tiyuri (06-19-2008)
Old 06-19-2008, 09:09 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by budm View Post
Wormux anyone, headgewars is a clone that to me looks very poorly made, compared to wormux which is opensource runs on macs linux and pcs themeable and contains about 24maps preloaded
Hedgewars runs on linux, pcs, and soon the iphone, it's open source (someone can do a mac port if they like?), it's themeable, contains less prebuilt maps but it also contains random generated maps, something wormux does not.

Apart from that, I suggest you actually download both and play them side by side, the gameplay is vastly different, and it baffles me that you can call hedgewars a "poorly made clone" in comparison to wormux.

Wormux is a great project, but right now it has a huge plethora of gameplay issues - that for me, make the game literally unplayable.

Whilst hedgewars still contains some bugs in its frontend (its a beta after all) the actual engine/gameplay are very very well polished, and I commend our coders for that.

Last edited by Tiyuri : 06-19-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

@auburnguy32 - you are right it is a slow game..well kinda, its a turn based game so everyone takes turns.

@budm - instead of being negative, why dont you try and code a game, the OP said he was a 3D artist not 2D.

It amazes me how everyone wants to add their negative feedback. I would suggest the next time you want to bash it, try making one yourself. Or offer constructive criticism, or even help.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:31 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Check this out guys, much more indicative of the gameplay!

http://www.vimeo.com/1201245

Last edited by Tiyuri : 06-19-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:20 AM
What's Jailbreak?

oh man I freakin LOVED WORMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News