HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 09:41 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone(8GB) 1.1.1 AnySim Unlocked
Operating System: OS X 10.5

K I installed OpenSSH, now what the hell do I do?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 2G iPhone 2.0.1 unlocked + jailbroken
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
Me too...
Cant add my gmail nor my yahoo mails...
VisualMail password did not save after reboot.
Wifi password did not save after reboot.

What is the fix again?
READDD...

i want to update but after reading about this problem i'm scared. My wifi died after updating to 2.0 and still doesn't work with 2.0.1. If it doesn't work on 2.0.2 I'm not going to have ANY wifi to save my email-no wifi or email no thanks!. I've read some people were able to solve this by downgrading to 1.1.4 but it was half and half. Some couldn't even using the standard firmware. Debating.... Anybody see this issue resolved once updating?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:48 PM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G White (Pwned)
Operating System: MacBook Pro OSX
Send a message via Yahoo to SundayDuffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjuliephanx View Post
READDD...

i want to update but after reading about this problem i'm scared. My wifi died after updating to 2.0 and still doesn't work with 2.0.1. If it doesn't work on 2.0.2 I'm not going to have ANY wifi to save my email-no wifi or email no thanks!. I've read some people were able to solve this by downgrading to 1.1.4 but it was half and half. Some couldn't even using the standard firmware. Debating.... Anybody see this issue resolved once updating?
I didnt have this problem with 2.0.1...everything worked then. I didnt say that there was no WIFI..WIFI works but you have to input the password in every time you turn on the phone. Same with VisualMail..it works..but have to enter password.

I'm not worried though...somehow some ways there will be a fix.

Last edited by SundayDuffer; 08-25-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:51 PM
What's Jailbreak?

this works for windows?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
I didnt have this problem with 2.0.1...everything worked then.
I'm not worried though...somehow some ways there will be a fix.
I know it's only a firmware issue, but for me it's a matter of when. I NEED my email (who doesn't). I don't want to run the risk of updating if it means I have to wait for the next update or my wifi to magically start working so I can SSH again (highly doubt it, wifi is complete greyed out-tried every fix I could find in this forum, hackint0sh, macrumors and applesupport)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azteka View Post
this works for windows?

you've got to be kidding me....

pwnage tool is for mac

quickpwn and winpwn is for windows

Last edited by xjuliephanx; 08-25-2008 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-25-2008, 09:57 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelleR View Post
K I installed OpenSSH, now what the hell do I do?
I was unsure of the steps to apply the chmod, too, but I got lucky with my guess. I used Fugu to jump into the /var/Keychains location after installing openssh. Then right clicked on the Keychains folder, clicked Get Info, and changed to 0777. This fixed the problem...
Old 08-25-2008, 10:01 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones4campn View Post
I was unsure of the steps to apply the chmod, too, but I got lucky with my guess. I used Fugu to jump into the /var/Keychains location after installing openssh. Then right clicked on the Keychains folder, clicked Get Info, and changed to 0777. This fixed the problem...

Okay, but it's the step from using a terminal (Fugu for example) to jump to the location that I need help with, don't know what the hell I'm doing and I hate CODE!

Please, someone dumb this down. I'm no rocket scientist here, My brain does not function well to menus that ask for certain commands. I am just a regular iphone unlocker, jailbreaker. help please.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:05 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Aloha All

Pwnage tool 2.0.3 is not stable at all my mail dose not work what so ever and i tried everything well restore back to normal i guess youtube works but i need my mail more than that. Is anyone else having the same problem
Old 08-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Okay, but it's the step from using a terminal (Fugu for example) to jump to the location that I need help with, don't know what the hell I'm doing and I hate CODE!

Please, someone dumb this down. I'm no rocket scientist here, My brain does not function well to menus that ask for certain commands. I am just a regular iphone unlocker, jailbreaker. help please.
LOL you don't need code (at least not in my experiences using fugu). Just log into your phones wifi address (check your settings if you don't know it already). Use that IP address and "root" for your username, once it asks for password type in "alpine", then navigate to /var/xxx-whatever your directory your trying to reach-through the drop down menu. it's like using explorer for your phones files.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 PM
What's Jailbreak?

what you are saying makes no sense to me. Dumb it down please. am I doing this through my iphone or my macbook?
Can someone give instructions on how to do it with cydia's terminal?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by axlf97 View Post
Pwnage tool 2.0.3 is not stable at all my mail dose not work what so ever and i tried everything well restore back to normal i guess youtube works but i need my mail more than that. Is anyone else having the same problem
please back track the thread. the solution was posted a few posts back. SSH into your phone and change permissions. (if you can SSH at all-I lost my ability to do this after 2.0)
Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 PM
What's Jailbreak?

xjuliephanx, thanks for your help and time, but I'm just not as advanced and we are not on the same wavelength. Where do I find Fugu, I don't see it anywhere in Cydia?

I hope I understand Fugu when/if I find it...
Old 08-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
what you are saying makes no sense to me. Dumb it down please. am I doing this through my iphone or my macbook?
Can someone give instructions on how to do it with cydia's terminal?
no offense (really). I thought that was dumbed down. Using FUGU on your macbook log into your phone's IP address. You don't need to do it via your iphone, just make sure you have openssh enabled on your iphone (if you've installed it onto your iphone, it's enabled-you should have it by default via cydia or installer). Log into FUGU using the IP address, username "root" and password "alpine" . There is a drop down menu on the right hand side of the fugu screen that looks like windows explorer to help you navigate through your phones system files. Using that find the directory you need. (you should see /private /var something like that). Think of FUGU as a program to remotely access your phone and modify it's files without actually touching or using the phone.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:16 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Just so you know:
Jailbreaking with pwnage tool 2.0.3 is creating an issue with passwords for wifi and email being stored.

The Fix:

1. SSH into the device
2. Change the permissions on the folder /var/Keychains to 777
Old 08-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
xjuliephanx, thanks for your help and time, but I'm just not as advanced and we are not on the same wavelength. Where do I find Fugu, I don't see it anywhere in Cydia?

I hope I understand Fugu when/if I find it...
fugu is an application you install on your macbook. google it. very easy to find. I learned how to use fugu in like 5 minutes trust me, it's very easy and intuitive to use. like i stated earlier its an application that allows you to remotely access other things using the internet. if you don't know your phones ip address go to settings>wifi. You'll see it there.

Using SFTP in OS X with iPhone - ModMyiFone - Wiki

Here is the SFTP tutorial for mac users...

Last edited by xjuliephanx; 08-25-2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone > News

Tags
2.0.2, pwn, pwnage