HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 06:09 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I got this info straight from an apple tech while I was in line for the 3g. He said the reason apple doesn't support mms on the iPhone is because they don't want the quality of the 2 megapixel camera to be degraded if it was sent to a phone that can't support the pictures full quality. So they only use email because basically all email capable phones can handle a 2 meg picture.

Just my 2 cents. And I guess makes sense...
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:29 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscott05 View Post
I got this info straight from an apple tech while I was in line for the 3g. He said the reason apple doesn't support mms on the iPhone is because they don't want the quality of the 2 megapixel camera to be degraded if it was sent to a phone that can't support the pictures full quality. So they only use email because basically all email capable phones can handle a 2 meg picture.

Just a FYI, they pulled that answer out of their ***. It also makes no sense. Rather then allow someone to see a degraded copy of a picture they are denied seeing it at all? Do they throw all the food in the Apple corporate cafeteria away if its not five star quality? I mean hell if its not perfect, you can't feed it to the people right? Also you can email the picture to the other persons cell using phonenumber@providergivenaddress.com and it shows up to the other person as a MMS depending what phone they have...it also shows up in all its degraded glory.

Guess Apple better remove emailing photos.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 16GB White, V2.0.1
Operating System: Win XP PRO w/ SP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by qkslvr2101 View Post
ok so I got a question ...

When this is released I gotta make sure I go to ATT and get a MMS plan?

So what do i need if I am running my unlocked 2.01 first gen iphone with a sim card from a ATT Blackberry sim card...

The BB data plan covers MMS ...will it be good enough to work with swirly?
qkslvr2101...

If your on AT&T and somehow get them to add an MMS package to your plan their system at some point will go through and strip it from your account in the middle of the night...i have had it added twice when SwirlyMMS first came out and then next day it was gone...i called back and the agent had no clue they were doing this so she added it again and sure enough, gone, the next day...so i gave up...but now i'm on a family plan and i have heard that it sticks if your on that...as far as using the BB sim with a BB data plan...I AM NOT SURE but, if you don't have an iPhone data plan you will lose your virtual voicemail...i think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscott05 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by qumahlin View Post
Just a FYI, they pulled that answer out of their ***. It also makes no sense. Rather then allow someone to see a degraded copy of a picture they are denied seeing it at all? Do they throw all the food in the Apple corporate cafeteria away if its not five star quality? I mean hell if its not perfect, you can't feed it to the people right? Also you can email the picture to the other persons cell using phonenumber@providergivenaddress.com and it shows up to the other person as a MMS depending what phone they have...it also shows up in all its degraded glory.

Guess Apple better remove emailing photos.
bscott05...

Yea, i have to agree with qumahlin...the Apple tech straight fed you a load of crap because he had no freakin CLUE what he was talking about and didn't want to look like a dork...Ummm did you read this post?? Do you see the app that the SwirlyMMS guys will be giving us?? Yea, that's right, PICTURE messaging...Apple is worried about degrading the photo sent to a phone that can't handle it?? LOL, if someone is on a phone like that still they need to upgrade...to an iPhone LOL...secondly, all i care about is if they get it and i can receive picture messages...i don't care about the quality on their phone...

"I want my, I want my, i want my MMS..."(to the tune of I Want My MTV)
Old 09-05-2008, 04:23 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0.2
Operating System: Vista (32-Bit)
Send a message via AIM to joeya7x Send a message via Yahoo to joeya7x

Well if only apple added copy and paste,
we could atleast copy the code and paste it on that god forsaken viewmymessage.com
website. than it wouldnt be such a kick in the balls.... or yeah link the code to the url..
or better yet both!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:00 AM
What's Jailbreak?

hey. I never said I fully believed him. I was just relaying. I think it's a load too. But now I could care less about there reasons. Swirly will be here shortly. =D

Last edited by bscott05; 09-05-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:18 AM
What's Jailbreak?

even when you email a photo, the IQ doesn't come in it's full resolution. That's why sendpics was made foe JB'd phones. Noone at such a low level job will know why apple Corp made the technical or business decisions that were made regarding the iPhone
Old 09-06-2008, 01:00 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1
Operating System: Windows Vista

i Hope they Dont put it on the Appstore
Old 09-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 8GB Iphone V2.0.2
Operating System: Windows XP

i cant wait for this!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:44 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: White iPhone 3G
Operating System: XP Pro
Send a message via Yahoo to Capt.D

I sent a pic from my wifes phone to my 3g and I don't even get the message to go to viewmymessage.com.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:26 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1 Jailbroken + Unlocked
Operating System: OSX Leapord
Send a message via AIM to iChopPryde Send a message via MSN to iChopPryde Send a message via Yahoo to iChopPryde

Oh man How much longer till this comes out I can't wait anymore this is the final puzzle peice to making my iphone complete ^_^
Old 09-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: *16gb 1.1.4 - 4gb 1.0.2 - iPod touch 1.1.1 jailbroken and unlocked
Operating System: iMac and Vista
Send a message via AIM to A_SWELLGUY

this by far is the best application I have ever added to my phone! I am going crazy with out it and I have bought a used iphone with 1.1.4 just to use it again! I miss swirly! :^(
Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon252 View Post
lmfao!!!!!!!! T-MOBILE ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!
Second'd and thank'd.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:50 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.D View Post
I sent a pic from my wifes phone to my 3g and I don't even get the message to go to viewmymessage.com.
I've never recieved that either.

As far as the MMS on the At&T side of things, the only way to get around them not taking the feature off of your phone is to have a family plan and have unlimited text and MMS on the entire thing. I had this from a previous phone before I upgraded to my iphone, and have never had a problem using Swirly MMS.

As for the email to phone # does anyone know if that comes through on the other side as data charges or as an MMS?
Old 09-08-2008, 10:52 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Man i Love the Iphone but Paying all this stuff for basic functionality is getting out of hand. I mean my daughters cheapy phone does pic messaging! At&t i think is trying to get all the $$ they can where they can. that bums me out! The iphone could have been easily the BEST phone out there with simple added functions ( no mms the first time around and no mms the second) sure we have full E-mail capabilities but who cares when you wanna send a quick pic to someones phone. especially without adding more money to an already over priced plan for a freaking killer app (thanks swirly) that is only giving the comsumers what they really want.) Yes im gonna buy swirly and yes ill change my plan but its BS, my thanks to the swirlymms team for giving us something that should have been included long ago.

I feel violated LOL
Old 09-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Iphone 2.0
Operating System: Vista

thank you jebus

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone > News