HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08 | Discuss AppStore Apps!

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Green Apple

Anyone have a clue to why my MMS keeps sayig service denied....Im using AT&T
Old 03-02-2008, 09:38 AM

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 (PWNED)
Operating System: Leopard / XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieJunkie View Post
yea i been getting a service denied conformation alot
Yeah me too.. that's b/c the iphone plans don't have picture messaging allowed. So my original question is still valid. When I call into AT&T customer care, what do I need to tell them I need in order to activate this service on my account to activate the service.

iPhones are not "supposed" to be able to do picture messaging so the customer care reps are not all that receptive to adding the service...
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Green Apple

for me my setting are

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
Proxy: 066.209.011.032

and thats all PLEASE help
Old 03-02-2008, 09:44 AM
What's Jailbreak?

does this work on 1.11? Because I cant find the new version of swirlymms on installer, just version 2.2
Old 03-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Green Apple

read my post above (page 2) I edited it with more info on the mms problem with att. As far as getting the mms plan you can pretty much just say I WANT IT (the pay per use mms) that should work regardless if you can use it or not, since you are the customer and are paying them money. If not you can try the "I use this sim in 2 different phones and I need an mms plan for my other phone" method.

@keanburke - DO YOU READ POSTS BEFORE YOU ASK DUMB QUESTIONS (sorry for yelling). seriously the 2nd post down on the first page plainly says: 1) Uninstall your current SwirlyMMS
2) Add the following source to the installer: swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml
3) Install the package named "SwirlyMMS from Swirlyspace", ver 0.3.1. Follow the installation instructions (which means you must restart your phone when installation has finsihed)
4) Have fun

Last edited by burtthaman; 03-02-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
when you guys say "it worked perfectly for me" or "it isn't working for me" PLEASE let us know your info... it is pointless to just post it worked or it didn't. Who cares! we need information:

1) firmware version (1.1.2,3,4)
2) carrier info (att, t-mobile, o2, etc.) & location if applicable
3) mms settings (ip, password, etc.)

if everyone posts this in their thread we will have the ability to figure out what works and what doesn't and also how to fix what doesn't work.

As far as the "unlimited data plan" for att; this does not include mms because mms is actually a very sucky email protocol that runs separately from the "internet (data)". Thus meaning that up to this point swirly mms has not worked on any att activated iphones unless you do the workaround mentioned a long while back that involves activiating a pay per use plan and lying about having two phones that you use with same sim and paying outrageous prices per mms (I think it was 25 cents or more..)

I will give this a try though and see what happens with my ATT service.

*************** EDIT ***************

1) 1.1.4 (installs and runs)
2) AT&T US
3) mmsc.cingular.com

a) these settings are correct
b) they will not work without adding an mms plan to your current plan. 25 cents/mms
how do i add an mms plan to my current plan? i tried to online but it says i can only view my account but not add any features at this time, and if i want to add features to call a number. but if i call, wont they wonder why i want to add mms to and iphone wich doesnt support mms?
Old 03-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmike09 View Post
how do i add an mms plan to my current plan? i tried to online but it says i can only view my account but not add any features at this time, and if i want to add features to call a number. but if i call, wont they wonder why i want to add mms to and iphone wich doesnt support mms?
yes you have to call to get it set up. and yes they will wonder. but does it really matter? I mean people have posted that they fooled them using all sorts of lies to get it. but in the end I would think that all you have to say is: I want the plan give it to me, I understand that it isn't supposed to work with iphone but I am willing to pay for it now let me have it. You are the customer and you are always right in the end .
Old 03-02-2008, 10:10 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Ok, I have the $40 (unlimited text plan) for the iPhone. AT&T has an unlimited text/mms plan for $20. Would I be allowed to drop my iPhone data plan to the $20 one (with only 200 messages) and then add the $20 unlimited text/mms plan? That way I'm still paying the same but not having to pay the outrageous $0.25 per mms. Is anyone doing this or know if it'll work? Thanks!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Retired Moderator

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4(J/b w/ iD3)
Operating System: Mac 10.5 | Vista

Sounds cool!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:26 AM

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 (PWNED)
Operating System: Leopard / XP

Ok new question... when I use MobileFinder to navigate to var/mobile/mmsfiles all I see is a small thumbnail. Is there a way to view the full size file from here or do i have to cut and paste it into my photo directory?... Thanks
Old 03-02-2008, 10:27 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjohn387 View Post
Ok, I have the $40 (unlimited text plan) for the iPhone. AT&T has an unlimited text/mms plan for $20. Would I be allowed to drop my iPhone data plan to the $20 one (with only 200 messages) and then add the $20 unlimited text/mms plan? That way I'm still paying the same but not having to pay the outrageous $0.25 per mms. Is anyone doing this or know if it'll work? Thanks!

I'm doing this and it works fine. Its what the att guy told me to do when I got my phone.

Last edited by me102; 03-02-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Green Apple

back to the topic of swirlymms...

does this allow you to receive video and sound files or just pictures, since we can only send pictures I'm wondering if others are able to send WHATEVER they want. I'm thinking of upgrading my plan to the family unlimited messages (30 a mo. and me and my wife get unlimited) but if I am still crippled in the mms category it seems not worth it.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:53 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I added the source and i dont even see the new version
Old 03-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny0 View Post
once you add the source, make sure to refresh your sources and you may need to exit out of installer and go back in. Also MAKE SURE you typed in the source correctly.

Once all of this is done you should be able to just go to recent packages and it will be near the top.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:58 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny0 View Post

Did you refresh the sources? Did you uninstall the old one?

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News