HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 06:25 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Send a message via AIM to nirav464

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3fan8760 View Post
ok i have a quick question i have an unlocked phone on 1.1.4 but i need to take it to apple do i just goto itunes and click restore?? I need help ASAP please!
well dude depends did you use ziphone to downgrade your BL or iPlus if you've used ziphone, thats permanent and I think you might be screwed if the apple dudes check your week number and corresspond it to the BL.

OR if you already have a 3.9 BL, then in that case you might be safe.

Also i believe you need to virginize your iphone.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nirav464 For This Useful Post:
i3fan8760 (03-17-2008)
Old 03-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav464 View Post
well dude depends did you use ziphone to downgrade your BL or iPlus if you've used ziphone, thats permanent and I think you might be screwed if the apple dudes check your week number and corresspond it to the BL.

OR if you already have a 3.9 BL, then in that case you might be safe.

Also i believe you need to virginize your iphone.
They really don't check. Really. If you're able to restore the iPhone to a state where it doesn't look fishy, they tend to assume you're innocent until you say something stupid.

Anyway, it depends what you need to go there for. I went in this morning with a non-op iPhone, wasn't even able to restore it at all. If they even bother to try and get the phone working (which I'm sure they won't), then I guess there's a chance they'll "catch" me. But, truth be told, they really do give you the benefit of the doubt.

BTW, the bootloader only gets changed if you're unlocked (even with ziphone, if I'm not mistaken). And if you're unlocked, there's really no point in going to the Genius Bar for a repair.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:07 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankydabull View Post
Ok, let me put this out there. I have done about 150 phones, back from the 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 oktoprep days up until me doing one yesterday. As someone who has seen all types of bad situations with iphones, I personally have been using iPlus because it is the truth, and is RELIABLE

A lot of people are saying how ZiPhone works flawlessly, and there isnt a need for iPlus. Well, iPlus is stable! Yes, I understand a lot of people out there are unlocking their own personal phones, and they want it to be a one time thing. But I have seen ZiPhone really screw up a phone. Every time I used to run it I would cross my fingers. iPlus is a savior becuase it has proved to be VERY stable, and I dont have "Call Failed" messages every 10 minutes either. iPlus gets my thumbs up
Is it working if we used Geohot method to unlocked our 1.1.2/1.1.3? Seems this condition never been brought up, as I am very sure if you already used geohot method and then you use Ziphone or iPlus to upgrade to 1.1.4(same time also downgrade the BL), for sure it will BRICK!!! your phone. I mean reall brick, correct me if I am wrong...??
Old 03-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Green Apple

now i did "iplus -u" everything is working fine including you tube and maps locate me but when i try to sync with itunes it gives me a "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported." I dont know what went wrong... Any help would be appreciated.. Oh yea im on 1.1.4 Unlocked activated and jailbroken...

Thanks
I3FAN8760

Nevermind i fixed it... WHOOHOOO!!!!!

Last edited by i3fan8760 : 03-17-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:00 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Is anyone having problems with youtube after using this method?
I can't connect to youtube. And also I noticed my edge was slower in 1.1.4.
It might just be me though. Just wondering if anyone else noticed that.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:39 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I used iPlus 2.0 to unlock, jailbroke and activated 2 iPhone 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. They are working perfectly with no problem. Google map and youtube are both working fine. I did not install any additional patch.

The only problem is some themes for Summerboard is not displaying. Other than this, this program is excellent.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2008, 10:50 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbco View Post
I used iPlus 2.0 to unlock, jailbroke and activated 2 iPhone 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. They are working perfectly with no problem. Google map and youtube are both working fine. I did not install any additional patch.

The only problem is some themes for Summerboard is not displaying. Other than this, this program is excellent.

Thanks
i used it on 1.1.4, everything works except youtube.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:03 AM
What's Jailbreak?

read on like page 5 i posted a youtube fix that is confirmed to work by several people for both iplus and ziphone. Whoever said that apple wont check your modem firmware is right, they arent going to make a big deal of it, cause they can just rip it apart and mix and match with other dead phones laying around. just get it close to factory, dont worry about the modem firmware, and if they do say something, just deny it and blame it on them. if yo complain enough, "the customer is always right" thing falls into play, any major corporation usually crumbles to this, sadly to say...
Old 03-18-2008, 04:43 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Still trying to get some clairity on the whole geohot compatibility thing.

If I used geohot (or at least unlock.no's version), through this guide here:
http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...light=upgrader
But did NOT ever download my bootloader (I'm still on 4.6),

Can I just restore to 1.1.4 (or ziphones refurbish method?) and use iplus? Or did geohot's unlock do something more significant to my iphone that renders it unrestorable/un-unlockable by any other means?
Old 03-18-2008, 06:33 PM
What's Jailbreak?

help me guys, what should i do know ? I've been used Geohot method to unlock my OTB 1.1.2 BL 4.6 , now i restore it into 1.1.4 by itune and use iPLus, it works but then i can't read my SIM card even with the turbo SIm, what should i do now ?
Old 03-18-2008, 08:33 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude42 View Post
Still trying to get some clairity on the whole geohot compatibility thing.

If I used geohot (or at least unlock.no's version), through this guide here:
http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...light=upgrader
But did NOT ever download my bootloader (I'm still on 4.6),

Can I just restore to 1.1.4 (or ziphones refurbish method?) and use iplus? Or did geohot's unlock do something more significant to my iphone that renders it unrestorable/un-unlockable by any other means?
Bro, try to check this with Zibri's team, here are the readme warning that I got from Ziphone 2.2

"ipsf "method" corrupts the seczone. And baseband 4.03 KNOWS that
So.. thank ipsf team for this you iphone, for now is "tied" to baseband 4.02.
Then don't use -b option but -u option in ziphone after a full DFU mode restore to 1.1.3
."
Old 03-18-2008, 08:46 PM
What's Jailbreak?

anybody know what the ssh username and password are changed to? i tried root, dottie but it didn't work. Any suggestions?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:48 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfantasy_lkta View Post
help me guys, what should i do know ? I've been used Geohot method to unlock my OTB 1.1.2 BL 4.6 , now i restore it into 1.1.4 by itune and use iPLus, it works but then i can't read my SIM card even with the turbo SIm, what should i do now ?
PLEASE HELP ME WHAT SHOULD I DO ?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:49 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anggana View Post
Bro, try to check this with Zibri's team, here are the readme warning that I got from Ziphone 2.2

"ipsf "method" corrupts the seczone. And baseband 4.03 KNOWS that
So.. thank ipsf team for this you iphone, for now is "tied" to baseband 4.02.
Then don't use -b option but -u option in ziphone after a full DFU mode restore to 1.1.3
."
Thanks for the info, but where did you read this? Can't find it anywhere in the ziphone help.

Also, this was done to a 1.1.3 OTB phone. I was under the impression that the 4.6 unlocks didn't mess with the seczone...

Last edited by TheDude42 : 03-19-2008 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:27 AM
Green Apple

wow. After reading all the posts, i am really confused a bit.

Can anyone who has a 3.9 BL and who is using the the new 1.1.4 fw unlocked on T-mobile tell me about it? Are their any issues? Ive read about youtube not working, SMS not functioning and etc..

I am on 1.1.1, originally 1.0.2 OTB, jailbroken and unlocked on T-mobile. I am considering an upgrade because i am a bit behind in the fw features.

Thanks

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > News