HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS Apps and Development
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS Apps and Development This forum is for development discussion of apps/programs being built for the OS side (OS X, Windows, etc) to interact with your iPhone.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 01:20 AM
What's Jailbreak?

iPhoneExplorer - a way to mount your iPhone as a drive on windows

I just released a new version of iPhoneExplorer.
still highly alpha:
http://projects.lokkju.com/iPhoneExp...2795.41331.zip
iPhoneExplorer is a windows application (eventually will be service) that allows you to access the filesystem on your iPhone through Windows Explorer, as if it was just another external USB drive. if your phone is jailbroken, you get your root FS, otherwise you get your Media FS - which one you see will eventually be an option.

r00t4rd3d originally posted about my project at http://www.modmyiphone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3232 - but he had the wrong name, and it was put in the wrong forum *grin*.

At any rate, it is an open source project, though at this point I have not decided on a license. I am happy to give source access to any one who wants to work on it with me - but please, know C# or C++, and know how to use SVN.
I am also looking for graphics for it - drive icon, toolbar icon, tray icon, a control UI (for starting/stopping the drive, etc).

Any requests as to abilities, or bug reports, can be posted here, or on my blog post at http://www.lokkju.com/blog/archives/55.

I will edit this post with a link to the most current version as I release them.

Current version:
http://projects.lokkju.com/iPhoneExp...2795.41331.zip
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lokkju For This Useful Post:
claytoninsc (08-28-2007), dnoc (01-29-2008)
Old 08-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Retired Moderator

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 + jailbreak (launch day)
Operating System: Windows XP
Send a message via AIM to arthursdomain

so this is bascially just like manzana and iphonewhatchamacallit?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:07 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Not at all - those are applications that provide a Explorer like interfeace to allow you to do a limited number o functions on the filesystem.

My application (which actually does make use of a heavily modified monzana library for AFC level communications) ties directly into windows explorer, and presents the iPhone as a network drive. Right now there are some bugs, of course, but it essentially allows you to work with the filesystem as if ti was a USB drive, or a normal iPod.

For instance, there are a lot of third party iPod library management tools, but they all require the that you be able to browse to the iTunesDB file, and they all make use of the windows filesystem layer for managing files. With my application, *any* windows application will see the iPhone as a drive letter - so it will be able to access the files on the iPhone.

See the difference?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:31 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

So can I set up third party apps on the phone with this. I don't have wireless at home. This would really help alot of people if that is the case.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:14 AM
What's Jailbreak?

This app has never worked for me. Always crashes. Using Windows XP. Last error I got.

Quote:
2007-08-28 11:12:45 Dispatch : Fatal->Not handled exception: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:47 AM
What's Jailbreak?

First of all, are you running the newest version?
Second, can you check the "warning" and "debug" checkboxes when the form comes up, then once you get the exception, send me your full log?
Old 08-29-2007, 03:35 PM
What's Jailbreak?

UPDATE:
new google code project page at http://code.google.com/p/iphonefs/
The Following User Says Thank You to lokkju For This Useful Post:
moneysh0t09 (08-31-2007)
Old 08-31-2007, 12:51 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Sweet, I'm looking forward to how this progresses. It should make it a lot easier for other people to create modding utilities since they'll be able to use ordinary filesystem calls.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:05 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Like it!!

Can it please have minimize to tray until it becomes a service?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:58 PM
What's Jailbreak?

minimize to tray is a really good suggestion - use the "issues" section at the google code project for it to add it as a requested feature.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:52 PM
What's Jailbreak?

To anyone that has a problem with it, try installing the Microsoft Loopback Adapter.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:39 AM
What's Jailbreak?

works fine here on winxp. I also tried to use ephPod to manage my music but the file structure on the iPhone is different. nevertheless very good job
Old 12-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Developer

i cannot drag and drop files into iphone.. it says cannot find path to the file.. weird
Old 12-14-2007, 12:39 AM
What's Jailbreak?

That's because it doesn't support writing to the iPhone/iPod Touch (yet).
Old 01-26-2008, 07:59 PM
What's Jailbreak?

is there a way to make the iphone function fully as an external HD (USB drive)? That is, you plug it in and a window pops up just like a USB drive key... I was thinking if its possible to do a symbolic link to the Photos folder on the iphone to some other directory on the iphone... I will try that out...if it works then the symbolically linked directory will pop up with or instead of the Photos folder.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS Apps and Development