HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS X Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to OS X should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 07:47 PM
What's Jailbreak?

2.0 unlocked and activated

hey would anyone be willing to pm an unlocked and activated ipsw that i can install on my winpwn iphone...any help would be awesome
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista

No.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 PM
What's Jailbreak?

what do u mean
Old 04-18-2008, 09:02 PM

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 (PWNED)
Operating System: Leopard / XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknapper1 View Post
hey would anyone be willing to pm an unlocked and activated ipsw that i can install on my winpwn iphone...any help would be awesome

Why would you want 2.0? It's not jailbroken yet so you'd be stuck with a stock iphone with a couple new features you probly won't use. plus 2.0 is pretty unstable at the moment and still in Beta.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:09 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8G 1.1.4 JB
Operating System: OSX 10.5.2, XP

The 2.0 firmware I have is jailbroken; I can SSH into it with no problem. You still can't install apps, but you can change system images and such with no problem.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:12 PM

I equate jailbroken with a native installer program on it. SSH access isn't necessarily a full jailbreak in my opinion. I've tried SSH'ing an app onto a 2.0 phone and it wouldn't even show on the springboard after changing permissions.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:14 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8Gb 1.1.4/1.0.2OTB
Operating System: MacOS X Tiger 10.4.11

Yes you can unlock 2.0, I have activated, jailbreaked 2.0 FW with baseband 04.04.05_G
OpenSSH working very good, Installer, doesn't work
Old 04-19-2008, 08:41 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8G 1.1.4 JB
Operating System: OSX 10.5.2, XP

This is the definition I tend to go by:

Jailbreaking

A jailbreak is the act or tool used to perform the act of breaking out of a chroot or jail in UNIX-like operating systems or bypassing digital rights management (DRM). In the former case it allows the user to see files outside of the filesystem that the administrator intends to make available to the application or user in question. In the context of DRM, this allows the user to run arbitrarily defined code on DRM-encumbered devices as well as break out of chroot-like restrictions. DRM-encumbered devices such as the iPhone have repeatedly been subject to jailbreaks, allowing the execution of arbitrary code, but have had those jailbreaks disabled by vendor updates.[1][2] It was only in the wake of the popularity of the iPhone and iPod Touch that the term jailbreaking became well known in popular culture worldwide.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:02 AM
What's Jailbreak?

so no one is willing to send it to me then...
Old 04-19-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
This is the definition I tend to go by:

Jailbreaking

A jailbreak is the act or tool used to perform the act of breaking out of a chroot or jail in UNIX-like operating systems or bypassing digital rights management (DRM). In the former case it allows the user to see files outside of the filesystem that the administrator intends to make available to the application or user in question. In the context of DRM, this allows the user to run arbitrarily defined code on DRM-encumbered devices as well as break out of chroot-like restrictions. DRM-encumbered devices such as the iPhone have repeatedly been subject to jailbreaks, allowing the execution of arbitrary code, but have had those jailbreaks disabled by vendor updates.[1][2] It was only in the wake of the popularity of the iPhone and iPod Touch that the term jailbreaking became well known in popular culture worldwide.
Touche!

DFU Restore Mode:
Old 04-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Green Apple

give the poor man his 2.0.. or u cud make it URSELF! search the torrrents for "iphone 5a240d" download .. use winpwn to create custom ipsw AND DO IT
Old 04-19-2008, 11:00 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I am running vista which doesn't support making ur own 2.0 but u can still use ones made on a mac...
Old 04-20-2008, 11:32 AM
What's Jailbreak?

so is anyone willing to help
Old 04-20-2008, 12:17 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4
Operating System: vista
Send a message via Skype? to i pimping

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubikscube View Post
give the poor man his 2.0.. or u cud make it URSELF! search the torrrents for "iphone 5a240d" download .. use winpwn to create custom ipsw AND DO IT
i still cant find winpwn any ideas please
Old 04-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista

Hint: winpwn.com

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion