HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

T-mobile Discuss questions about T-Mobile and the iphone here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!
View Poll Results: IF in the past your t-zones worked, now
It stopped working recently 30 30.61%
It still works fine (and I'm glad I'm still saving $14) 68 69.39%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 05:25 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdelkweli1 View Post
As one contributor to the t-zones hack (full credit goes to the hackers themselves, I was just relaying info) I've read that the t-zones hack doesn't work anymore and the news/rumor piss me off. I have also read other rumors that if you roam on Cingular they'll upload a simple device to shutdown your data connection for good. On the same forum I've read t-mobile subscribers saying that T-mobile progressively shuts down people who use the lil hack's data connection.

SO:
FYI my t-zones hack works still amazingly well and I'm still paying $6.

Can whoever whose t-zones hack still work share? And can whoever whose t-zones has suddenly stopped working share as well?

Let's get it straight!!

btw it's not really a hack, it's just a change of parameters -legal-

So for people unaware of the hack and paying the T-Mobile Internet Plan for $19.99 may try it out (and we would appreciate their help) on the first two messages of this thread
http://modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17463

P.S.: In case it worked after you've tried it, let us also know how it feels to save $14 a month
first it did not work for me so i called t mobile and they refused saying that they dont allow t zones on i phone. all i can buy is 19.99 internet plan. then i changed my sim card and put it in t mobile razr and called them back saying that tzones was not working on razr they told me to wait, they are reinstating my suspended service.which they did and t zones worked on razr. i took out my sim card and out in my i phone and guess what now it works great on my iphone also. hope this help you guys.
it feels great to save some money.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:49 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Mine works but incredibly slow. I dont know why.... only 24 kbps. It was working fine 2 days ago getting 150 kbps. I got the plan like 5 days ago... not sure if i should keep it or not...
Old 12-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone+1.1.4+Unlocked
Operating System: Windows Vista

I've been using mine since October. Still works the same as it always did except that I can't use Mobile Chat Clients, iRadio, or YouTube, but, I've never been able to use them in the first place on my iPhone. Doesn't bother me. I still get my internet connection and I still get my emails.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Green Apple

i've finally got mine to work again! yay! but my email doesn't work. its been like that ever since i got the hack to work. i am using Yahoo mail. anyone know why i can't update my inbox?

surprisingly, my youtube works fantastic! the quality is a bit poor compared to wifi though.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:59 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Send a message via MSN to Tavillo Send a message via Yahoo to Tavillo

i had working the tzones, but like for a while didnt work but now it does...
heres what u have to do, try it...

1.- configure the edge settings: APN wap.voicestream.com User and Password in blank
2.- go to installer is u have the big boss source (n if u dont heres the source sleepers.net/iphonerepo) and install the edgefix 1.1.1 located in Unlock That iPhone, (obviously this is just for 1.1.1 iphones i dont know if it works with other FW) this is to save the edge settings after the reboot.
3.- get out of the installer and automatically the summerboard will restart
4.- get in to the installer again and from the same source and same location, install the T-Mobile TZones Hack
5.- get out of the installer and a messege will show up telling u to restart the iphone, do that, and thats it ur iphone have to work perfect...

after the hack DO NOT CHECK THE EDGE SETTINGS cuz i know that the phone will stop working or will frezzy until u restart the phone...

just 5.99... no man i dont wanna keep stealing T-Mobile... lol

1.1.1 iPhone 8GB/Nokia 6131(when im out of country)/Samsungt519(just for emergency)
PS3 60GB/XBox 360 Elite 120GB/Wii
iBook n VAIO Laptops

Last edited by Tavillo; 01-01-2008 at 04:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tavillo For This Useful Post:
ahmed615 (02-11-2008)
Old 01-09-2008, 04:08 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Well I had tried a similar tactic another user had posted... I called T-Mobile & I said that my tzone did not work on my phone. But before I could tell the agent what type of phone I had she said, "So you have the iPhone?" which surprised me. I responded with "no I have the razr."

In any case I was unaware that they could actually tell what phone I'm using. So now I don't want to remove my sim from my iPhone & put it in the razr before calling back T-mobile. Because I have an otb 1.1.2 with Stealthsim & it may be a hassle to re-install it back.

Is there any other way to get the tzone hack to work? I've tried 3 sources from cyberduck & the app tap installers, but no luck
Old 01-13-2008, 04:18 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Tzones not working

I am another one that used tzones for 2 days and then it went bad.
I got EDGE working on mid december. used it for 2 weeks. then I found this hack from surreall and installed it. call tzones and canelled Edge. Tzones work gereat for 2 days, at the third day it was not working and has been 2 days so far and I dont think it will work again. Is anybody working on this or having a real answer? Any information will be really appreciated. I tried the hack form limitediphone and didnt work, and it disable wifi after a while just as I read it on a forum. I uninstalled and installed back the one from surreal just in case in might work. wifi is now working but tzones is not.
1.1.2 freesimphone
Old 01-14-2008, 10:53 AM

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 (PWNED)
Operating System: Leopard / XP

I use 1000's of text messages every month and the $19.99 data plan comes with unlimited text so I added this. My Edge works great with safari and I can update weather but YouTube doesn't work, iRadio doesn't connect, and i can't load my GMail settings. Any input on why some services work but others don't would be great.

Jailbroken, unlocked 1.1.1 on T-Mobile
Old 01-15-2008, 10:24 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Mine is working just fine. The only thing that doesn't work since the hack is youtube and my yahoo mail. the kicker is that my gmail account still works. 1.0.2 FW

David
Old 01-18-2008, 08:14 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Unlocked/Jailbroken 1.1.4
Send a message via AIM to watice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
I use 1000's of text messages every month and the $19.99 data plan comes with unlimited text so I added this. My Edge works great with safari and I can update weather but YouTube doesn't work, iRadio doesn't connect, and i can't load my GMail settings. Any input on why some services work but others don't would be great.

Jailbroken, unlocked 1.1.1 on T-Mobile

the $19.99 data plan does not come with unlimited text. You're using the sidekick plan... You need to change ur phone and switch to the regular unlimited inet plan.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:45 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Working perfectly. i love it

1.1.2 otb unlocked with next sim
T-mobile T-zones hack
Old 01-22-2008, 07:12 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 1.1.3 16gb iPhone
Operating System: Leopard

Been using it for almost a month. Never had any issues.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Green Apple

So my hack was working until I upgraded to the total internet plan. I was trying to use beejive and meebo for messaging and kept getting errors. So I called t-mobile to find out how to get a port open to connect to those. T-mobile was able to tell without me saying that I was using an Iphone and sent me to there blackberry IT dept. After talking to the rep who was cool as hell by the way he told me the basic internet 5.99 package works but is limited in the fact it just cant or wont open some websites. I switched to the Total internet and was connecting quicker. After I switched at first it wasnt working no matter what I tried until I uninstalled the hack from installer restarted the phone and internet was working. So from what I found that hack does work but only for the 5.99 plan.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Green Apple

just change ur sim with tmobile phone and open tzones if it does not just call and complain LOL
many ppl said that and it'd the only way if they say u have Iphone, man just lie and say whatever.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Tzones - Weather, Maps, Stocks STALL / Web & Mail WORKS

I used the hack at: T Zones $5.99 proxy hack made easy=) It has worked very well for about a month with this one exception which I wonder if others have experienced. While mail and Safari seam to work quite well. . . . Weather, Stocks and Maps work irregularly. When updating weather it will more often than not ’stall’ when updating. BUT I can go to Safari and load a web page just fine. Is there a better hack? Is this just the way it is? It seems if I load a web page before trying weather, maps or stocks that they work a bit better. . . . almost as if I am 'waking' edge up.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile