HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

T-mobile Discuss questions about T-Mobile and the iphone here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 09:11 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 16gb iphone 1.1.4 firmware
My $19.99 internet plan vs. $5.99 t-zones

nvm

Last edited by prouddad.215; 05-29-2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: wrong area
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4/04.04.05_G
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphone-newby View Post
Ok i jsut got my 8gb iphone 3 days ago and i was a newby then, i am a network engineer so i pick up on things fast thus after reading so many different forums and following instructions i did everything possible. And i would get the internet working for a bit then it would stop then wifi lost connection and would not grab an ip from my network then i tried the fix wifi patch and i noticed it changed my mac address and i started to connect to my neighbor's secure network (wtf???) so yesterday i changed my mac on wifi and reassigned the mac on my network but i still could not get youtube to work! so i finally got fed up and i just started doing my own experimentation as oppose to all the forums i've read so far. And guess what i have everything working with t-zones!!!!! i can check my email, watch utube browse the internet and etc... Follow the instructions to the T!!!:
first of all install the following:
itunes, iliberty+ and iphone PC suite (i am using version 1.07)
first restore settings from itunes then wait for it to boot then tell u that u r not using the right sim for it! don't panic after restoring settings uninstall itunes cause it's a useless program that will not benefit u at all!
start up iliberty and select [Advanced~Payloads available on Repo~refresh(then select Local Payloads=Activate, downgrade bootloader, installer, mobile safari patch, unlock, youtube fix) do not install cydia i have tried that be4 and it F@*&ed on me] then click on "Go For It!" and follow the instructions on the screen! after it resets everything make sure u r on a wifi network so u can download and install everything fast!

Click on installer and update everything! (community Sources and Sources and installer!!) now click on uninstall u should notice that "Community Sources" should be installed! If not it should be the first thing u should install then install BSD Subsystems version 2.1 from "All Packages" installer->All packages -> BSD Sub then follow the same step for OpenSSH then Bigboss's beta/experimental and finally click on installer then scroll down to Tweaks (1.1.4) and install T-Mobile 1.1.4 Tzones version 1.00. Reboot ur iphone then setup ur email check out utube browse the internet and so forth! Now i am using iphone PC suite for syncing and uploading and i love it it works much better than itunes and i don't have to worry about itunes overwriting any of the files that i have installed on my iphone! I did this about 45 mins ago and i figured i need to share it with all the ppl who are having issues gettting everything to work and if u r tired and frustraded from reading so many different forums and what not follow the steps above! And Good luck!
has anybody tried this method? i dont want to have to resort to this b/c i have so many applications installed...
youtube is the only thing that won't though.. don't mind too much, i just use avotmedia.com...still though...sigh wish youtube frickinn workedd
Old 05-31-2008, 08:06 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone
Operating System: windows xp

i have the 19.99 internet what do i type in the apn: wap or internet2???
Old 06-07-2008, 09:59 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjames30 View Post
i have the 19.99 internet what do i type in the apn: wap or internet2???
yes internet2.voicestream.com.......dont install this hack or any other hack or it wont work with 19.99 t-zone..thats all you need to type..

i get between 150/203kbs on my edge.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:29 PM
What's Jailbreak?

EDGE with pre-pay account?

I got EDGE working with my post-paid account.....thanks!

But I was wondering if it was suppose to work with ToGo pre-paid accounts? I get the Server Not Found error in Safari. For some reason I thought it was suppose to (the news,sports stuff does work on my Nokia).

Also, is the 5.99 EDGE only a temporary thing that TM will shutdown for force the 19.99 plan? My brother wants an iPhone too. So if the 5.99 EDGE will go for a while, I will go that route.

Thanks
Old 06-16-2008, 09:25 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I'll try this when I finally get my iPhone! Thanks!
Old 06-22-2008, 11:27 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I've had no issues... my t-mo reps across the street say go with it. It's rather intentional (read: known enticement to for iPhone users to come to t-mo) also, they are well aware that we will want 3G as well... and will likely eat it when that service comes to speed. Use t-zones for now... pay for 3G when it comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m600i View Post
My tzones work but I've noticed for example if the weather or stocks takes to long to update, I exit and try again and then it works right away. Or youtube won't work the first time, but the second time it always works. Is this normal?

how did I just post as someone else?
thats odd....

I am not 600... or who ever.

oh, wow... thats even more strange. My two posts were just lumped together...

Last edited by Spliffaliciou; 06-22-2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-05-2008, 04:30 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Hello everyone,
This is Raj from Mumbai, just found this Mobile app, thought to share with you...
Mobile Java Application | Mobile Social Networking | Free SMS, Voice Message | MobiYard.Com it lets you send free sms worldwide, free voice message, Instant messenger, Free mobile content and much much more..
Compatible Mobile : www.mobiyard.com/compatibility.php

Btw, Nice forum Skin, i' Loved it..

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile