HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

T-mobile Discuss questions about T-Mobile and the iphone here.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2007, 03:32 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I tried this but I cant get gmail to work. It says it cant connect through ssl. also youtube only partially works. I cant search but I can view the featured videos, then when I try to play it it says youtube not available. then after a few seconds its starts playing.

would it matter which unlock method I used?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:18 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

on edge network youtube will work but u hav to try again n again nd also uploadin speed is slow depending upon service area

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochastowing View Post
This method works. I changed my plan from blackberry $19.99 to
T-MobileWeb $5.99. I followed the directions and I did both my wife and my iphone. This saved me alot of money! I had to find a proxy.pac file first through google, then edited in textedit. Lastly I saved changes then went to
"get info" and under "name & extension" I added .pac to the name...making it "proxy.pac" I also used cyberduck to transfer these files.

I included the proxy.pac file I made...just unzip it. Good luck.
cheers!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochastowing View Post
This method works. I changed my plan from blackberry $19.99 to
T-MobileWeb $5.99. I followed the directions and I did both my wife and my iphone. This saved me alot of money! I had to find a proxy.pac file first through google, then edited in textedit. Lastly I saved changes then went to
"get info" and under "name & extension" I added .pac to the name...making it "proxy.pac" I also used cyberduck to transfer these files.

I included the proxy.pac file I made...just unzip it. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tam View Post
whizkid!

yall the best!! it works rite away!!
Cheers!!!

Last edited by whizkid; 09-28-2007 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionDemon View Post
I tried this but I cant get gmail to work. It says it cant connect through ssl. also youtube only partially works. I cant search but I can view the featured videos, then when I try to play it it says youtube not available. then after a few seconds its starts playing.

would it matter which unlock method I used?
I have the exact same problem regarding YouTube. I can view the featured videos, I can even view videos in my history, but if I try to view the most watched or conduct a search, it doesn't work. It always says "YouTube Not Available", even on the featured videos page where i can view videos, which is strange...

Also, ApolloChat doesn't connect.

Everything else (Mail, Safari, Stocks, Maps and Weather) works 100%.

Any ideas how I can tweak it to make it fully functional? I uploaded the files on a mac using cyberduck.

I also just activated the 5.99 plan today through T-Mobile. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:09 PM
What's Jailbreak?

So is the speed tolerable?
Old 09-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Green Apple

KrfKeith,
My speed is pretty good. It clocked in @ 163.4.

Question for WhizKid...
After I uploaded my files with cyberduck, I didn't reboot my phone. Is that a critical error? I simply turned off my WiFi and checked to see if EDGE was working. Could that be the source of my problems?

I tried repeating the process and then rebooting my phone, but that didn't seem to make any difference.

EDIT: I also saved the original plist file as well. So, I deleted the proxy file, replaced the plist file back to the original and rebooted. Then tried the process again with the adjusted files, followed by a reboot and still made no difference as far as YouTube functionality.

Last edited by chasev2; 09-28-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:15 PM
What's Jailbreak?

i called up tmobile and asked the rep about the tzones plan with prepaid. she said that every person on prepaid has tzones included. i followed all these instructions but when i use safari to go to any site (even wap.voicestream.com) it says "internal error you do not have permission to visit [insert url here]"

what can i do now? i uploaded the proxy.pac file to /private/var/root and downloaded the .plist file from rapidshare and used ibrickr to overwrite the current one. my edge settings also say wap.voicestream.com, guest, and guest in those three spaces. what should i do now?

EDIT: i'm also having the problem that someone else already posted. my wifi is connected but has no settings and wont work now. what can i do to fix that now?

EDIT2: clicking "renew lease" gives the wifi all its setting back but backing out of that and going right back to it the settings are erased again.

Last edited by viperboy; 09-28-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.3 BL 3.9 unlocked and iphone 1.1.2 otb unlocked
Operating System: Vista ultimate

thats a nice way but I have free hot spot most of the place I go to
Old 09-29-2007, 03:38 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I got mine to work today. I'm glad my friend pointed this out. I was on the ropes of reactivating the t-zones but my parents were okay with that. They wouldn't have been okay with the All-Access T-Mobile though. I'm getting anywhere from 70 kbps to 160 kbps. More consistently it is 120 kbps - 160 kbps. Adequate enough to check mail and sports scores. I like the versatility of the internet vs. my old pda phones / candy bar phones. And I also got YouTube to work finally. Also I compared my speed with my roomate's iPhone, which is running the official AT&T edge internet, and his was only 180-200 kbps. Not that much faster than the T-zones...and ours costs 14 dollars less! Exception of visual voicemail and 400 text messages. Factor that in and its a $10 savings still. I also asked my friend that has sprint to try his phone and the connection turned out to be 950 kpbs. I'm guessing maybe this is what our 3g would be putting out...if the iPhone and t-mobile would support 3g...
The Following User Says Thank You to tv4184 For This Useful Post:
custom2005altima (10-10-2007)
Old 09-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Green Apple

i have t-mobile pre-paid and i was wondering if i should be worried about this:

under usage it shows a very small amount of edge usage even though i changed the edge settings to all blank so that it would not connect to edge.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:26 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I get a cannot activate EDGE
Old 09-30-2007, 01:17 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Help

I used Whizkid's method, everything works except for youtube. I did upload the proxy.pac to the right path. Please help. Thanks in advance
Old 09-30-2007, 01:58 AM
Green Apple

hksmr2 reminded me of a question...

The proxy.pac file goes into /private/var/root? So that you then have the Library folder, the Media folder and the proxy.pac file in /private/var/root?

Is this correct?
Old 09-30-2007, 03:59 PM
What's Jailbreak?

OK i did everything, edge works fine, but when I get home, I get the same prob as a guy here that it does connect to my wifi but i have no ip nothing, it keeps connected on the edge. So I chagne the preferences.plist to the original one, restart the phone, wifi works fine. put the modded preferences again inside and wifi doesn't work again. Anybody fixes for this?

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...?t=6365&page=4
I just fixed my wifi problem, just copied the code from hackint0sh and put it in my preference.plist and works fine now, whizkid again thx for the good topic

Last edited by buzilanga; 09-30-2007 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-30-2007, 08:58 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizkid View Post
whizh plan are you using???
are you using post paid t mobile plan with 5.99 t zone internet connection on if yes then it should work fine il tell u the process again or u can check ur edge settings will be

wap.voicestrem.com
user - guest
pass - guest

since if this is ok u dont need to modify ur settings and vpn tooo

just copy the code and save the file as
proxy.pac

ok when u explore your mobile through mobile finder under
private/var/root

wher u have place the proxy.pac file
when u click on it u will actually see it is saved as proxy.pac.txt which we dont want it so change on the phone itself to proxy.pac after saving download the rapidhsare file it includes the settings for connection and JUST OVERWrITE IT under

/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

after overwriting reboot your iphone and try to open weather it will say updating and after few moments it will be updated

this mean ur net is working your you tube will also work but first time it will say cannot connect and second time it will connect but slow

HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL AND REMEBER CHK THE FILE NAME AS proxy.pac AND REBOOT YOUR IPHONE AFTER OVERWRITING THE FILE

dont mess with the settings after this

thanks

I did exactly steps show above, then I restart the phone and turn off the WIFI and try the safari, then I got internal error ! you do not have access to the site in google search .....etc
is there any other setup that I need to do beside uploade a proxy.pac and a preferences.list ?
Old 09-30-2007, 09:14 PM
What's Jailbreak?

why dont u guys try to go to rdge settings and for the apn type in internet2.voicestream.com or wap.voicestream.com bothe work for me with out having to do any oher mods with anything
The Following User Says Thank You to sickiphone For This Useful Post:
pcuserforever (11-18-2007)

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile