HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > Wiki Discussions
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wiki Discussions Articles added to the wiki are posted here as threads to discuss.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 08:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I also don't have safari, I should have mentioned it in my previous post. I just assumed it was an edge thing. Is anyone experiencing a problem with edge after upgrading to 2.0? Again, I have the Tzone data plan with Tmobile. All worked prior to upgrade???

TIA
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 1G iPhone 8GB, Firmware 2.0
Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.x
Send a message via ICQ to vinko Send a message via MSN to vinko Send a message via Yahoo to vinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomain View Post
... Again, I have the Tzone data plan with Tmobile. All worked prior to upgrade???

TIA
I saw that there is a special hack (TZones Hack) in Cydia for the TZone data plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJedi View Post
Thanks. How about my other concern, that I have a factory-installed 4.6BL? Will this be a problem?
Sorry, I do not have an definite answer to that, but I don't think it should be a problem. I believe the Pwnage Tool replaces the Bootloader with the version that was on the phone. That is probably why the Pwnage Tool requires you to have the two versions of the Bootloader on your Mac during the Pwnage.

Last edited by vinko; 07-23-2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-23-2008, 10:59 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyperson View Post
I've followed the instructions, but it failz for me every time it trys to write the .ipsw file. Do i need to do somthing that is not in the instructions?

OUTPUT FROM THE LOG FILE:
2008-07-21 14:37:15 - Scanning root filesystem with ASR.
2008-07-21 14:37:34 - FAIL
------------------------------
2008-07-21 14:37:34 - Failed to build custom .ipsw file.
I'm having the exact same problem. Anyone figure this out?

tried it with 1.4 and 2.0 loaded. Fails in the same spot... also it never asks me for the 46 bootloader as in the instructions.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 1G iPhone 8GB, Firmware 2.0
Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.x
Send a message via ICQ to vinko Send a message via MSN to vinko Send a message via Yahoo to vinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by roksta2s View Post
... tried it with 1.4 and 2.0 loaded. Fails in the same spot... also it never asks me for the 46 bootloader as in the instructions.
The new version (2.0.1) of the Pwnage Tool is able to automatically locate the Bootloader files on your Mac.

I presume you received these Bootloader files were from the link in the guide here.

The possible explanation for your problem is that the original firmware (IPSW) file is not the version Pwnage Tool expects. Did you download that using the link from this guide here? Or did you receive it from Apple via iTunes? Have you confirm this IPSW is in the correct location on your Mac?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:45 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone + 1.1.4 + ziphone 2.6b
Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.2

Dear all,

I remembered that the general request to have prefix allocation of space for the system. What would be recommended? I set only 500mb... Should I reinstall the 2.0 firmware with 1gb allocation?

cheers...
Old 07-24-2008, 07:47 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Cydia not opening?

Well, I have followed the instruction and have successfully managed to get 2.0 installed and can use everything on the phone except...

When I tap on the Cydia icon it doesn't do anything, do I need to activate it some where, or install something else to get it to work?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:40 PM
What's Jailbreak?

i did the pownage 2.0.1 upgrade but now can not surf using edge..
- how do we get it to work?
there is no apn settings any more.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:41 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinko View Post
The new version (2.0.1) of the Pwnage Tool is able to automatically locate the Bootloader files on your Mac.

I presume you received these Bootloader files were from the link in the guide here.

The possible explanation for your problem is that the original firmware (IPSW) file is not the version Pwnage Tool expects. Did you download that using the link from this guide here? Or did you receive it from Apple via iTunes? Have you confirm this IPSW is in the correct location on your Mac?
I downloaded both from the links and its in the correct spot. No luck with it.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:07 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Still can't get Cydia to open on my iPhone, have repwnaged it but still nothing, what am I doing wrong?

Is there something other than Cydia I need to install during the process of upgradeing from 1.1.4 to 2.0? on my 1st Gen iPhone?

Is anyone having he same problem?

All the features on my phone work fine except I have no apps other than what is from the Apple App Store?

Is this correct?

Last edited by aussiewal; 07-25-2008 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:17 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Sync Error

I've succesfully Unlocked my phone, but now I am getting the error message below and can not sync my phone. Any suggestions?

"iTunes cannot read the contents of the phone "Stans iPhone". Go to the summary tab in iPhone preferences and click restore to retore this iPhone to factory settings"

Help Please.....I can can not get any of my music, photo's, contacts, etc.....onto my phone!

Thanks,
Stan
Digg <a href="http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.modmyifone.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php&am