HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > Wiki Discussions
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wiki Discussions Articles added to the wiki are posted here as threads to discuss.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 12:52 PM
What's Jailbreak?

ILibertyX

Discussion thread for ILibertyX. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:58 PM
What's Jailbreak?

This is great. I used iPlus 2.0b before and this one is getting better. After quick looking, I have a couple of questions.

1. Does the jailbreak + activation + unlock (for BL 3.9fb) option still provide Installer fix, BSD, term-vt100 fix, SummerBoard path fix, and relocating fonts and ringtones, as iPlus did?

2. In the Payloads tab, when download finished, e.g, "Install BBInfo", where is the downloaded file? Can I keep it for later use so that I don't need to download again?

3. I noticed that I have to "Download" packages in Payloads tab each time I open iLiberty+, even I had download same stuff before. Can this be managed that the download files are stored at a specific folder, named like "payloads" or something, so the program doesn't need to download again? Instead, the program only needs to search a specific folder before it tries to download.

These are some questions I have after first look at iLiberty+. Any comment is appreciated. Thank you.
iPhone 8G OTB 1.1.2 --> 1.1.4
Old 03-26-2008, 03:52 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Used this and my stupid phone won't stop freezing. I tried installing BSD and Community sources but it would simply say "downloading", then take me to the homescreen. Those didn't show up, and when I looked for it under "Uninstall", it wasn't there either.

This whole thing is getting ridiculously old. I'm sick and tired of these things not working. No one seems willing to answer questions (evident by the numerous threads which end without an answer).
Old 03-27-2008, 11:22 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I think I'll stick with iPlus, it seems Iliberty doesn't install neither BSD Subsystem nor OpenSSH. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:17 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5.2

Dear Sirs,
May I seek your kind advice, given my extremely infant knowledge & experience:
- *Given the brand new*OTB 1.1.4 (4.6BL) 16G iPhone*I have (never jailbroken, activated nor unlocked before), do I still need to restore to 1.1.4 using iTunes before running iLibertyX?
- *Some other website mentioned that I need to place iLibertyX on desktop to run it. *Is this correct?
- *Given the brand new iPhone I have, do I need to add the Reflash E/W/B payload?
- *Do I need to add the International Payload (as required for iPlus 2.0b) separately, or it's already included in the standard run? *If I need to, where can I get the International Payload for iLibertyX, or the one for iPlus 2.0b will do?
- *Do I need to add the YouTube Fix payload separately, or it's already included in the standard run?
- *Assuming I complete the jailbreak, activate & unlock process, and then later on I want to add other payloads, do I just do the payloads, or I still need to click J/A/U again?
Please excuse me for my silly questions. *Your kind advice would be mostly appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
Gary*
Old 04-03-2008, 11:26 AM
iPhoneaholic

ok I Activated thru iTunes 1.1.4 OTB then Jailbroke with iLiberty+ with np, now what should I do? I want themes and an AIM app web based. O and does it matter that I left my iTunes to auto sync? should i take that off before installing apps?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:25 PM
What's Jailbreak?

i have 1.0.2 version firmware on my phone and i haven't updated it because i'm afraid of bricking the phone... i'm assuming that i have to update my phone thru itunes b4i have to use iliberty+ right?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:48 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I have two iPhones, an 8 GB 1.1.1 and a 16 GB 1.1.3. I first updated each phone to 1.1.4 through iTunes and then used ILiberty to unlock and jailbreak each one. The process worked beautifully! I tried other methods with no success. ILiberty was by far the easiest and most successful method for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to golfpro For This Useful Post:
babybia175 (04-16-2008)
Old 04-16-2008, 01:02 PM
What's Jailbreak?

that answered my question, thanks so much golfpro!
Old 04-22-2008, 07:48 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone
Operating System: OSX Leopard and XP Pro

Hey guys,

If anyone can help me that would be much appreciated. I was running iLiberty+ for OSX. It was going nicely then got hung up during the Jailbreak operation. The text run across screen and then it just stopped. I left it on for a few hours hoping it would finish, but it never went any farther. So, I left it on and ran out for a quick bite to eat, and came back and my computer had been shut off. I guess the power cord came out a wile ago and it died on me. Anyways, what can be done to fix this as the program no longer recognizes my phone.

Thanks for all of the help.

Last edited by HoppyWB : 04-22-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:29 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Unlock Failed?

Hey guys,
I was running iLiberty+ for OSX. I noticed that Unlock Failed came up- and am unable to unlock. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:23 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 8GB iPhone 1.1.4 Unlocked
Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.2 Leopard

"Executing phase-2, please be patient..."
has been on my screen for about 40 minutes now... is it supposed to take this long? The iPhone i'm trying to fix has been restored/ZiPhoned/pwn'ed multiple times and is still bricked.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:48 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
"Executing phase-2, please be patient..."
has been on my screen for about 40 minutes now... is it supposed to take this long? The iPhone i'm trying to fix has been restored/ZiPhoned/pwn'ed multiple times and is still bricked.
Try restoring it. Then just do one step at a time. Do a jailbreak & downgrade the bootloader. If that works then great. THen go back and unlock & activate if you want. Just a thought.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:33 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone
Operating System: OSX

I ran Liberty and inserted my SIM and nothing happened...what did i do wrong
Old 05-08-2008, 08:02 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoppyWB View Post
Hey guys,

If anyone can help me that would be much appreciated. I was running iLiberty+ for OSX. It was going nicely then got hung up during the Jailbreak operation. The text run across screen and then it just stopped. I left it on for a few hours hoping it would finish, but it never went any farther. So, I left it on and ran out for a quick bite to eat, and came back and my computer had been shut off. I guess the power cord came out a wile ago and it died on me. Anyways, what can be done to fix this as the program no longer recognizes my phone.

Thanks for all of the help.

Same happened to me, the screm is full of
BDS root: md0, major 2, minr 0
help me

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > Wiki Discussions