HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion > Installer Support
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Installer Support For issues, discussion and support concerning Installer.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 10:58 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Okay, i found it in that directory, but when i change the file extension to .old it doesnt seem to help, and no new file is regenerated.

It gets to the installer main page after 1-2 seconds of blank installer main screen but then crashes as soon as it tries to refresh the sources.

I tired removing all of the files in that directory and it refreshes the sources about 1/2 the way and then crashes...

Theres no way to even virginize my phone now that installer doesnt work! what the heck am i supposed to do!
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:47 PM
What's Jailbreak?

After searching around on the web, i found that some people use ziphone and re-jailbreak their phones to fix the installer crash.

Is there a chance that this can wreck my phone or is it worth a try?

Im running 1.0.2 still and want to upgrade my phone. For that to be done, i need to virginize before i can do anything, is that correct?
Old 05-29-2008, 03:02 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Erase old files in /var/mobile/Library/Installer

I also found that if you go into /var/mobile/Library/Installer & then right click on the RemotePackages.plist file & choose edit & open it, you can then right click again, choose "select all" & hit backspace to empty the temp junk that is stored in there & holding up your installer. You must close ouut the file & click yes when it asks you if you want to erase all the old data. You will then see the storage # that was in the millions next to your file go to zero. This has fixed mine perfectly after days of it showing just the white screen & crashing. Hope it helps. Thank you.

Wanderlei Sivla

Last edited by infamous12550; 05-29-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: left some stuff out!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:16 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Renaming the remotepackages.plist to remotepackages.plist.old only fixed the problem temporarily until your sources are refreshed again. Well, thats how its been for me. screw the new installer

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion > Installer Support