HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches Post new native iPhone and iPod Touch apps in this forum. Also post updates to apps in this thread. Grab Our Native Apps Launches RSS Feed

Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08 | Discuss AppStore Apps!

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 07:33 AM
Green Apple

[Poll] - FLIPSILENT for iPhone

Hi guys

I think you know that many nokia cell phones operating symbian have a cool feature called flipsilent, wich means you only need to flip the cell phone with it´s face down and the call gets "automagically" disconnected.
Well, iPhone users will have this pretty soon, cause i´ve managed to make it work nicely on mine.
So i´m planning to put it as an Extra feature on my software (iBlacklist). Please tell me how nice it would be for you to have this feature, or if it sucks

Please check this video on youtube:

YouTube - FlipToSilent for iPhone

Thanks to all iBlacklist users !!!
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3
Operating System: XP

I would love this feature, but I would rather see it as a stand-alone app, than integrated in iBlacklist, which I don't use or need.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:48 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 - unlocked
Operating System: Mac OSX

iPhone has a similar function built in not many people know about or pay attention to. On an incoming call, pressing the sleep button once will silence the ringer, pressing it twice will disconnect the call.
stocis (06-27-2008)
Old 06-27-2008, 07:53 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
iPhone has a similar function built in not many people know about or pay attention to. On an incoming call, pressing the sleep button once will silence the ringer, pressing it twice will disconnect the call.
How is this similar? Every mobile phone can silence the ringer or disconnect the call by pressing a button, but we are talking about doing that by turning the phone over instead.

And I think that turning it over should just silence the ringer, not disconnect the call.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Green Apple

Well, this video is just a little demo of it´s potential uses. I´ll manage to let the user do nice things by configuring it, so it will be possible to switch ring off, disconnect the call, and many other things. That´s the reason of this poll, i´m interest in your opinions guys !!!

Thanks
Old 06-27-2008, 08:40 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 - unlocked
Operating System: Mac OSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsi View Post
How is this similar? Every mobile phone can silence the ringer or disconnect the call by pressing a button, but we are talking about doing that by turning the phone over instead.
Similar as in performing the same function, using a different action. There's a really cool App called WeDict you may want to try out.

@spektro: An excellent idea on the surface, my only fear is flipping the phone over with the front panel being glass. Not everyone would be a gentle turning the phone over as you are in your video.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:46 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

nice but what if ur iPhone already was faced down

Click on the Thanks Button if u like my post
Old 06-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Similar as in performing the same function, using a different action. There's a really cool App called WeDict you may want to try out.
Wow, sarcasm.. and so witty too...

Sure, by the definition of the word, you are correct, but you are completely ignoring the context. Like I said, every single phone can mute the ringer or disconnect the call by pressing a button, and by your logic, every phone has a similar function to the accelerometer based function. Yeah...

My old Sony ericsson T60 has a similar internet browser to the one in the iPhone.

Quote:
@spektro: An excellent idea on the surface, my only fear is flipping the phone over with the front panel being glass. Not everyone would be a gentle turning the phone over as you are in your video.
I actually think that the glass is more resistant to scratches than the back. Or at least, I hope so.

This is probably one of those things you will only have the chance to use once or twice, but when you do, it's almost gonna be a rush..

Last edited by scsi; 06-27-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:30 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 114
Operating System: Mac 10.5.3

Great idea, go for it!

Last edited by jrentzke; 06-29-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:18 AM

Device + Firmware: 8gb iPhone 1.1.4 AT&T
Operating System: Windows XP

GREAT looks nice. Though a quicker hang up response would seem a necessity if Im in a meeting or at the movies and forget the silent switch.

Are you straight? Gay? Maybe your breathing? Not Breathing? Wanna Highfive? Low Five? Glad to have an iPhone? Not Glad, Excited? Well Than Give Thnx!!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Green Apple

Thanks for the feedback. About a faster response, it takes 1 second to act. I´ll try to tune up for a faster action.

Also, yes, it works on lock state too, and if the phone is down, it still accept the call and the user needs to face up the phone and then face down again to perform the block. I think a setup to tell if the cell phone is face down, to act instantly or need to face up and down again for it to act will be added, along with the silent ring or disconnect action.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:03 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4

I agree with couple of the above suggestions: turn over to silence/send to voicemail not disconnect and make as a stand alone app. Other than that pretty cool!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Green Apple

I really look forward to trying this.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:43 AM

How bout shaking it to send a call to voicemail?
Old 06-27-2008, 05:52 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows Vista x64
Send a message via MSN to stocis

shaking will be nice yes.. but let me just comment on something.. why on earth should i put my iphone face down on any surface? i'd like my screen clean and unmarked thank u very much.

i'm perfectly fine using the left volume bar or press the hangup button rather than flipping my iphone

i'm not being harsh, just logical

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches